**** The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) ****

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    In What If? Killmonger becomes King of Wakanda. So I guess that's the connection?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    He feeds Killmonger. What's the link?
    Yay! Another path opened to completing my collection!
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Today's Intro node really illustrates the issue with Hydra Stomper.
    On my alt, he tanks green, yellow, blue, and it was a very fun match. I was able to block Morale Boost by draining their yellow, and fuel both Peggy's blue and Stomper's green. Great stuff.
    On my main however, it was "green only", making Stamper largely a non-factor in the fight. (It actually took longer to complete on my main, despite higher-level characters).
    And since the loaner is a 300, the main character will be even less effective unless boosted.
    Such a great mechanic, but it all depends on the tanking.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's necessary for him to tank to trigger his passive. If not, he's going to be nerfed anyway. His passive ability is similar to pre-nerf Gambit: destroy random enemy aps and gain aps. Back then, his ability was destroying the morales of many players and they were calling for his nerfs. 

Thanksfully, in PvEs, you still can use support to let him tank other colours. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    He feeds Killmonger. What's the link?
    That sounds good to me then. I've been building up my Onslaught from zero covers, and currently at four, and was just thinking the other day that if I were to ever get him finished then I could start on Killmonger next since he also has a pitiful four covers. But since I'm close to max champing my Polaris I may just start working on Hydra Stomper next.
  • Sekilicious
    He is going to be insane as a solo champ for 3* players, if they want an alternative to Polaris. His Welcome to Shield event he was tanking yellow over my max champ IM40. Then when IM40 took his nap, he tanked nearly everything. With Srang3, just gain all the ap, stun lock everyone, drain all their ap, then nuke everything to oblivion.  Can work in a similar fashion with Peggy or Thor if he is boosted in the 4* tier as well.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    His boost with Vulture and IM40 would make me wish I was back in 4* tier again . 
  • HoundofShadow
    The essential 5* is Bruce Banner and he's an interference to Hydra Stomper. And I don't like 4/5/4 build. 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Guessing there are going to be two camps on hydra stomper, 3*/4* players are going to be super happy at having such an AP battery available to them. 5* players will never use him outside of required events as his passive just won't trigger for most 5* teams. Its a 'meh' from me. 
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Akoni said:
    I'm not confident on this character's identity. Could it be Hydra Stomper? Sure, I can see that. However, this is also the closest thing I can see to a 4* Vision-slash-White Vision.

If so that is a huge disappointment. If you have a champed Wanda you won't be using this 4* character with them in PVP. If they are gonna make that version of Vision and purposely make the powers sync with Wanda then he also needs to be a 5*.
    I'm guessing the <team affiliation> enemy almost has to be Villain regardless of the character. I'm not seeing much else that would make sense there. If it were say Team Cap or Team Iron Man then they seemingly would have the opposite tag themself.
    If it was White Vision , he’d definitely need to be a 4*. Otherwise the Character A would be Wanda and you’d have an unstunable Apoc/ Witch/ Vision 5* team and the forum would go ballistic 
    That would only happen if there were a Mutant in the mix I think.
    My mistake ! I thought the daughter of the world’s most powerful mutant would have a Mutant classification 
    In much the same way that you might assume Iron Man’s love interest Rescue would be Team Iron Man and isn’t. The affiliations are underused and baffling, I share your pain on this one lol.
    I mean, both make sense. 5* Wanda isn't a Mutant because she's based on the MCU and they aren't a thing in the MCU yet.

Likewise, Rescue wasn't part of Marvel's Civil War, so she's on neither side.

I wouldn't really call either of these baffling.
    Rescue wasn't part of Civil War but what about Riri?
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Well in the Silk PvE he was completely useless as he tanked nothing . If you teamed him with 4* they didn’t do enough damage to survive in SCL10. 5* players will never use him 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'm thinking there are gonna be plenty of whale sightings in that Welcome to Shield 5* node in the upcoming days.
  • HoundofShadow
    You don't need Whales. Put supports that create strike tiles passively on your Bruce Banner and C4rol. Let C4rol buff your strike tiles. If you want something more slow pace, I recommend Agent Coulson. Save the whales more important nodes. Bruce Banner is a bane to your success, so let him tank everything, and it will be better if he's downed or rendered inactive.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Guessing there are going to be two camps on hydra stomper, 3*/4* players are going to be super happy at having such an AP battery available to them. 5* players will never use him outside of required events as his passive just won't trigger for most 5* teams. Its a 'meh' from me. 
    Isn't that how the game should be? If 5* players are using 4* characters instead of their 5* characters, doesn't that just mean that the 4* characters are overpowered?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cleared riri team comfortably with polaris. Thanks to his huge AP support.
  • Sekilicious
    Bad said:
    I cleared riri team comfortably with polaris. Thanks to his huge AP support.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Him tanking blue was great to get the ap to stunlock Riri. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone notice his green doesn't destroy friendly tiles, so he isn't suitable for the Polaris/BRB engine?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also - I used 5* Hawkeye to clear that Riri/mockingbird/decoy node with almost no trouble at all.
  • Sekilicious
    edited September 2021
    The ability to target opposing special tiles but not your own has been helping me win various Polaris mirror matches, since he destroys and therefore Polaris starts making copies. I greatly appreciate the fact that every character out there has unintended synergy with the undisputed champion of the 4* tier, even if that synergy was intended for Manits or Morbius. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hahahaha Stomper/Hawkeye is hilarious.  Did they forget why they had to fix 4* Cap?