**** The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) ****

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:
    I'm not confident on this character's identity. Could it be Hydra Stomper? Sure, I can see that. However, this is also the closest thing I can see to a 4* Vision-slash-White Vision.

If so that is a huge disappointment. If you have a champed Wanda you won't be using this 4* character with them in PVP. If they are gonna make that version of Vision and purposely make the powers sync with Wanda then he also needs to be a 5*.
    I'm guessing the <team affiliation> enemy almost has to be Villain regardless of the character. I'm not seeing much else that would make sense there. If it were say Team Cap or Team Iron Man then they seemingly would have the opposite tag themself.
    If it was White Vision , he’d definitely need to be a 4*. Otherwise the Character A would be Wanda and you’d have an unstunable Apoc/ Witch/ Vision 5* team and the forum would go ballistic 
    That would only happen if there were a Mutant in the mix I think.
    My mistake ! I thought the daughter of the world’s most powerful mutant would have a Mutant classification 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    bomberz said:
    Creo que el personaje es centinel desconozco a hidra stomper En los cómics
    Disney+ show "Marvel's What If...?" Episode 1. Steve Rogers is injured, and Peggy Carter is forced to become a Super Soldier in his place. Later, Howard Stark builds Steve Rogers an armored suit so he can still help in the fight. Hydra Stomper is Steve Rogers in an Iron Man suit.

• hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    bomberz said:
    Creo que el personaje es centinel desconozco a hidra stomper En los cómics
    Disney+ show "Marvel's What If...?" Episode 1. Steve Rogers is injured, and Peggy Carter is forced to become a Super Soldier in his place. Later, Howard Stark builds Steve Rogers an armored suit so he can still help in the fight. Hydra Stomper is Steve Rogers in an Iron Man suit.

This actually makes a lot of sense now. I hadn't connected the dots before like you all had. So we're assuming (Character) to be Hydra Stomper, with (Character<A>) being Peggy. i too thought it was a comic thing that I hadn't heard of before. I missed that Steve called it the Hydra Stomper in the episode.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    I'm not confident on this character's identity. Could it be Hydra Stomper? Sure, I can see that. However, this is also the closest thing I can see to a 4* Vision-slash-White Vision.

If so that is a huge disappointment. If you have a champed Wanda you won't be using this 4* character with them in PVP. If they are gonna make that version of Vision and purposely make the powers sync with Wanda then he also needs to be a 5*.
    I'm guessing the <team affiliation> enemy almost has to be Villain regardless of the character. I'm not seeing much else that would make sense there. If it were say Team Cap or Team Iron Man then they seemingly would have the opposite tag themself.
    If it was White Vision , he’d definitely need to be a 4*. Otherwise the Character A would be Wanda and you’d have an unstunable Apoc/ Witch/ Vision 5* team and the forum would go ballistic 
    My mistake ! I thought the daughter of the world’s most powerful mutant would have a Mutant classification 
    In much the same way that you might assume Iron Man’s love interest Rescue would be Team Iron Man and isn’t. The affiliations are underused and baffling, I share your pain on this one lol.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:

In much the same way that you might assume Iron Man’s love interest Rescue would be Team Iron Man and isn’t. The affiliations are underused and baffling, I share your pain on this one lol.
    I mean, both make sense. 5* Wanda isn't a Mutant because she's based on the MCU and they aren't a thing in the MCU yet.

Likewise, Rescue wasn't part of Marvel's Civil War, so she's on neither side.

I wouldn't really call either of these baffling.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's just bizarre that sometimes they're super strict about the flavor/license stuff and sometimes they're not. 

I suspect that Disney has something to do with the affiliations and who can be what when, but the devs have full control over how the affiliations are *used* in game.  Why is 5* Iron Man only good when paired with a random collection of characters from a movie that came out forever ago? 

Who actually wants him to work that way?  Is there like a group of MPQ roleplayers who pretend their characters are having conversations while they do PvE or whatever?

Also if flavor is so important, why does nobody care that Thor was designed to hide in the back while other people fight, or that the best character in the game is the 5th-most-important supporting character from the Black Panther movie?
  • Cataliban
    Cataliban Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I will be very disappointed having a 1940's armor suit rated better than anyone on the Mark series. Hydra Stomper is very similar to the Original Iron Man Armor Suit in concept and appearance... And figting capabilities.

The statement "The OTHER Stark tech marvel" suits better in an embodyment for J.A.R.V.I.S. and "Character A" must be ANY Iron Man. JARVIS, also, has no Team Afiliation, only Iron Man 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of this IMHO:
    Possibly they were other times.
    When 3 5*s were in LL without changing for 3 months, and then rotating one for another 3.
    5*s standing there like saying look how good we are, come and get us.

Like okoye who at her release he was possibly the most matching damage of all 5*s and she was tanking any character without losing a single one TU.
    Same happened later to thor, the most damaging character and no one could tanking him, when you almost have him starts rampaging and gaining AP.
    I seriously doubt devs could anticipate 3 years later anyone would tank them and players would use a half thor.
    Possibly they didn't know they were gonna release shards and a 5* every month, as no one can predict a game running for 8 years.

They made a great character with apocalypse accordingly with his power on comic and the film, and another one with SW being a legendary chaos witch and all that (and no sure why Phoenix colossus is so good) but now there are different times.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    All of this IMHO:
    Possibly they were other times.
    When 3 5*s were in LL without changing for 3 months, and then rotating one for another 3.
    5*s standing there like saying look how good we are, come and get us.

Like okoye who at her release he was possibly the most matching damage of all 5*s and she was tanking any character without losing a single one TU.
    Same happened later to thor, the most damaging character and no one could tanking him, when you almost have him starts rampaging and gaining AP.
    I seriously doubt devs could anticipate 3 years later anyone would tank them and players would use a half thor.
    Possibly they didn't know they were gonna release shards and a 5* every month, as no one can predict a game running for 8 years.
    Players were using Thor at 50% health literally the day he was released.  Originally he hid behind Gambit, not Okoye.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Akoni said:

I mean, both make sense. 5* Wanda isn't a Mutant because she's based on the MCU and they aren't a thing in the MCU yet.

Neither was Hulk part of Civil War yet somehow he is Team Iron Man for 3* version.
  • DAZ0273
    It's just bizarre that sometimes they're super strict about the flavor/license stuff and sometimes they're not. 

I suspect that Disney has something to do with the affiliations and who can be what when, but the devs have full control over how the affiliations are *used* in game.  Why is 5* Iron Man only good when paired with a random collection of characters from a movie that came out forever ago? 

Who actually wants him to work that way?  Is there like a group of MPQ roleplayers who pretend their characters are having conversations while they do PvE or whatever?

Also if flavor is so important, why does nobody care that Thor was designed to hide in the back while other people fight, or that the best character in the game is the 5th-most-important supporting character from the Black Panther movie?
    I suspect this is D3/Demiurge choice and nothing to do with Marvel. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Cataliban said:
    I will be very disappointed having a 1940's armor suit rated better than anyone on the Mark series. Hydra Stomper is very similar to the Original Iron Man Armor Suit in concept and appearance... And figting capabilities.

The statement "The OTHER Stark tech marvel" suits better in an embodyment for J.A.R.V.I.S. and "Character A" must be ANY Iron Man. JARVIS, also, has no Team Afiliation, only Iron Man 
    On one hand I agree. I would much prefer a Superior Iron Man instead of Hydra Stomper. On the other hand, I understand that MPQ needs to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to Marvel in pop culture. I'm sure its part of the license agreement. Also, we're all aware that there are certain storylines and character depictions that Marvel prefers to leave in the past so there are some things we will never see in-game.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    I’d have loved an Extremis 5* IM , I’m disappointed this was overlooked for worse storyline versions . 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    We are due Unstable Iso-8 which was run last in beginning of July. Given that this event features Peggy, I predict the new character to be Hydra Stomper with Unstable Iso-8 as release event.
  • DAZ0273
    Cataliban said:
     Hydra Stomper is very similar to the Original Iron Man Armor Suit in concept and appearance... And figting capabilities.

I'd say the Hydra Stomper has quite a big advantage considering what the power source for the armour is.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    Cataliban said:

On one hand I agree. I would much prefer a Superior Iron Man instead of Hydra Stomper. On the other hand, I understand that MPQ needs to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to Marvel in pop culture. I'm sure its part of the license agreement. Also, we're all aware that there are certain storylines and character depictions that Marvel prefers to leave in the past so there are some things we will never see in-game.
    You need to remember that Peggy Captain America was MPQ creation, and that Marvel liked so much that after that they started using her in more comics! This What If in a way is the result of MPQ !!! So I get why they want to add Hydra Stomper and in a way, also to commemorate themselves :P

PS: Also, the Hydra Stomper suit is much much better/stronger than the original IM armor suit. For starters, it is powered by an infinity stone!!! (It might not make sense techwise / lorewise, but that is how it was in the What If episode).
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Akoni said:

Neither was Hulk part of Civil War yet somehow he is Team Iron Man for 3* version.

You can throw Okoye, Captain Marvel (4* not 5*), Miles, Ghost Rider, Jessica Jones, Lady Thor, Silver Surfer and Peggy Carter on that list as well.
    Also TA Hulk is on Team Iron Man but Main Event Hulk and Banner are not....
    Then you have Captain America with a SHIELD affiliation at the 2/3/4 levels but neither of the 5s are in that group.
    Dr. Strange as 5* is a Avenger but 3* Strange is not... The same with Spider-Man there are variants that are not in the Avengers.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Akoni said:

You can throw Okoye, Captain Marvel (4* not 5*), Miles, Ghost Rider, Jessica Jones, Lady Thor, Silver Surfer and Peggy Carter on that list as well.
    Also TA Hulk is on Team Iron Man but Main Event Hulk and Banner are not....
    Then you have Captain America with a SHIELD affiliation at the 2/3/4 levels but neither of the 5s are in that group.
    Dr. Strange as 5* is a Avenger but 3* Strange is not... The same with Spider-Man there are variants that are not in the Avengers.

5 and 3 Strange is easy enough to explain - 3* version is MCU who at time of release was not affiliated with the Avengers at all whereas 5* Strange is the Marvel Comics one who was already an Avenger. 

Infinity War Cap would not have the SHIELD affiliation as SHIELD is disbanded. I guess First Avenger Cap is actually from Civil War so I guess that works for him too. 

Bagman would also not be an Avenger but he is Team Iron Man which makes little sense given the time period.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited September 2021
    Akoni said:

Wanda is not magnetos daughter anymore. She wasn't originally his daughter,  then the back story for Wanda and pietro was retconned to make them magnetos children.  A few years ago it was unretconned, so they are not magnetos children any more and they are not mutants.
    My Marvel Encyclopedia has her listed as his daughter . I realize you’re saying they changed the story line , although I have no idea how a DNA test was not performed or was in error. Also , Witch has been a MPQ character for several years , my guess is about 5 years as a 3* . When was it rewritten? Also , half the cinematic universe has Pietro as his son and her brother , and alive . The other half he’s dead . I know the movie lines are independent but this really annoys me. ( He might be dead I stopped watching X Movies ).