**** The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) ****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:
    Blue holds this character back. Might've been fun otherwise.
    Interesting you say that..

I think blue sounds like the most interesting power, only down side is he'll need to tank the powers and all my other 4stars are already much higher level

I was thinking this also if it is a specific team-up with Peggy needed for the stun immunity. He won't tank red and he will need quite a few levels to tank blue so she isn't going to get much benefit by the sounds of it.
    My reading of that power is that this character is always stun immune (if he has a yellow cover), and grants stun immunity to Character[A].

Yeah, sorry I guess I wasn't clear (that first sentence is horribly worded on a read back!) in that I was talking about the new characters blue power rather than his yellow but I can see how you might think otherwise! If he tanked blue he can make blue AP for Peggy which helps her stun the enemy - his blue is passive so that AP is no good to him. However it is going to be quite hard to tank blue over Peggy (if that even is who this is) considering how old a character she is as people will have her at high levels. So the synergy is not as good as it could be.
  • DAZ0273
    If this IS hydra smasher, would he be team iron man, or team cap you think?

Based upon the episode he can only be Team Cap in my opinion.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    so....can you run him with 5* Cap?
  • DAZ0273
    edited September 2021
    so....can you run him with 5* Cap?

I guess I mean maybe? The most likely two desriptions are going to be Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) or Hydra Stomper (What if...?) - It would be technically "wrong" for him to be "Captain America" but the story bent puts him on that team more than Stark's. All that said, I never understand how any of these character lock outs work!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So far as I know outside of a few special cases, the lockouts are specifically due to a shared primary name regardless of what's in the (...). This is why Archangel and Angel can be played together, and why all the hulks and ghost riders and thors cannot.
  • DAZ0273
    edited September 2021
    So far as I know outside of a few special cases, the lockouts are specifically due to a shared primary name regardless of what's in the (...). This is why Archangel and Angel can be played together, and why all the hulks and ghost riders and thors cannot.

I guess Steve Rogers (Hydra Stomper) could also be possible (and is probably more applicable than the other way around) but I cannot see any way he can be Captain America.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    The other Stark?   Iron Lad?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2021
    DAZ0273 said:

I guess Steve Rogers (Hydra Smasher) could also be possible (and is probably more applicable than the other way around) but I cannot see any way he can be Captain America.
    Wolverine (Samurai Daken) being playable with Logan based wolvies and not Daken and Loki (alligator of mischief) being playable with other Loki’s are the two big specific exemptions I’m aware of. Oh, and scorpion being excluded from 1* venom as well.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's pretty interesting that this guy just can't be stunned...*ever*.  They haven't given that passive to a 4* yet.  I think it's yet another shot at Polaris, but I don't think it's going to bother her very much.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker

His only tag is Heroes. Usually they have ???? if there are more.
    If speaking hypothetically then yeah he would be Team Cap.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:
    Blue holds this character back. Might've been fun otherwise.
    Interesting you say that..

I think blue sounds like the most interesting power, only down side is he'll need to tank the powers and all my other 4stars are already much higher level
    Which is why it holds him back.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2021
    Srheer0 said:
    Immune to stun is amazing.  

Can convert enemy weak colour tiles to friendly protects, good for things like polaris or kitty  

Blue passive. Sounds Very good with C4rol (5 in yellow).  

Green is very interesting. I wonder if it will work correctly with things like Domino's black falling tile passive power and how it would interact with things like Gh5strider or War machine when they destroy tiles with their powers.  

Might not be meta, might be slow or board dependant, but being immune to stun is a huge boon,
    Also, not to be missed, is that "If Character(A) is an ally, they cannot be stunned either." Which to me makes this ability even more potent, and as you say, amazing. Now you've got at least 2 (possibly 3?) characters on your team that cannot be stunned as long as this character is on the board. That's big. This character becomes target #1, so pair with Deadpool/The Thing/Lockjaw, etc to keep this character alive, and that could be a team that others may not want to play against. All speculation at this point, though.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I'm not confident on this character's identity. Could it be Hydra Stomper? Sure, I can see that. However, this is also the closest thing I can see to a 4* Vision-slash-White Vision.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:

I guess Steve Rogers (Hydra Smasher) could also be possible (and is probably more applicable than the other way around) but I cannot see any way he can be Captain America.
    Wolverine (Samurai Daken) being playable with Logan based wolvies and not Daken and Loki (alligator of mischief) being playable with other Loki’s are the two big specific exemptions I’m aware of. Oh, and scorpion being excluded from 1* venom as well.
    I seem to remember that both beasts can be used together as well, as they are acknowledged to be from different universes and have been seen together on the same comic pages before
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Akoni said:
    I'm not confident on this character's identity. Could it be Hydra Stomper? Sure, I can see that. However, this is also the closest thing I can see to a 4* Vision-slash-White Vision.

If so that is a huge disappointment. If you have a champed Wanda you won't be using this 4* character with them in PVP. If they are gonna make that version of Vision and purposely make the powers sync with Wanda then he also needs to be a 5*.
    I'm guessing the <team affiliation> enemy almost has to be Villain regardless of the character. I'm not seeing much else that would make sense there. If it were say Team Cap or Team Iron Man then they seemingly would have the opposite tag themself.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker

His only tag is Heroes. Usually they have ???? if there are more.
    If speaking hypothetically then yeah he would be Team Cap.
    Not another Cap.   Although if it's Zombie What If Cap, I'm all for that
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:

If so that is a huge disappointment. If you have a champed Wanda you won't be using this 4* character with them in PVP. If they are gonna make that version of Vision and purposely make the powers sync with Wanda then he also needs to be a 5*.
    I'm guessing the <team affiliation> enemy almost has to be Villain regardless of the character. I'm not seeing much else that would make sense there. If it were say Team Cap or Team Iron Man then they seemingly would have the opposite tag themself.
    If it was White Vision , he’d definitely need to be a 4*. Otherwise the Character A would be Wanda and you’d have an unstunable Apoc/ Witch/ Vision 5* team and the forum would go ballistic 
  • bomberz
    bomberz Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2021
    Creo que el personaje es centinel desconozco a hidra stomper En los cómics
  • bomberz
    bomberz Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Quizá sea ironlave
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Akoni said:

If it was White Vision , he’d definitely need to be a 4*. Otherwise the Character A would be Wanda and you’d have an unstunable Apoc/ Witch/ Vision 5* team and the forum would go ballistic 
    That would only happen if there were a Mutant in the mix I think.