**** The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) ****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited October 2021 in Character Details

The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes
"In the universe you know, Steve Rogers was transformed from a skinny kid from Brooklyn into the First Avenger, Captain America by the Super-Soldier Serum. However, in this universe, Steve is injured and instead must fight Hydra in a suit of armor created by Howard Stark. Here he is called "The Hydra Stomper"."
(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4816 Health / 17837 Health
 42 | 10 | 37 | 8 | 33 | 9 | 23 | 3.0x
 85 | 13 | 74 | 11 | 65 | 12 | 43 | 3.0x

The Front Line - 8  AP
He isn't on the front line; he is the front line. Convert 2 basic tiles of the enemy team's weakest color to strength 41 friendly Protect tiles. (Max level strength 79)
(PASSIVE) The Hydra Stomper cannot be Stunned and if Peggy Carter is an ally, neither can she.
  • Level 2: Creates strength 60 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 115)
  • Level 3: Creates strength 78 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 151)
  • Level 4: Creates 3 Protect tiles.
  • Level 5: Creates strength 130 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 250)
Engine of War -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) The Hydra Stomper armor's power source is as enduring as the resolve of its pilot. The first time The Hydra Stomper makes a non-Team-Up match each turn, destroy 1 friendly and enemy AP in that color and create a 3-turn Countdown tile that generates 4 AP in that color. If the match was made against a Villain, the Countdown tile generates 5 AP instead.
  • Level 2: Generates 6 AP if the match was made against a Villain.
  • Level 3: Generates 5 AP.
  • Level 4: Destroys 2 friendly and enemy AP. Generates 6 AP, or 7 AP if the match was made against a Villain.
  • Level 5: Creates a 2-turn Countdown tile. Generates 8 AP if the match was made against a Villain.
Stomp - 10  AP
The Hydra Stomper makes a big impact on the battlefield, literally. Destroys 4 random enemy, basic, or Team-Up tiles. For the rest of this turn any new Black tiles that fall are 3-turn Countdown tiles that deal 185 damage. (Destroyed tiles deal damage, but do not gain AP.) (Max level 361 damage)
  • Level 2: Destroys 5 tiles. Countdown tiles deal 240 damage. (Max level 469 damage)
  • Level 3: Destroys 6 tiles. Countdown tiles deal 296 damage. (Max level 578 damage)
  • Level 4: Destroys 7 tiles. Countdown tiles are 2-turn and deal 407 damage. (Max level 794 damage)
  • Level 5: Destroys 9 tiles. Countdown tiles deal 583 damage. (Max level 1137 damage)

RELEASE SCHEDULE

Release Events:

Story

Introducing... The Hydra Stomper – Sept 9-16

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) Shards in Progression rewards

Unstable Iso-8 – Sept 9-13

• Rewards tokens to the Unstable Iso-8 Cover Pack

• The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) in Placement rewards

Operation Spider Silk – Sept 12-17

• The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. – Sept 12-17

• The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) shards in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the The Hydra Stomper & Friends vault

Versus

Sticks and Stones – Sept 9-13

• The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) in Placement rewards

Boot Camp – Sept 12-15

• The Hydra Stomper (Steve Rogers) in Progression rewards

• Rewards tokens to the The Hydra Stomper & Friends vault

OFFERS

The Hydra Stomper & Friends - Sept 12-19

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x The Hydra Stomper cover

• 1x Peggy Carter cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Daredevil (Man Without Fear) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Black Widow (Original) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hydra stomper synergizong with Peggy vs Hydra works too I think.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Hydra stomper synergizong with Peggy vs Hydra works too I think.
    Yes that was my first thought
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    that blue power sounds amazing, but it looks like it has to be the character making the match...

which means, useless for 5star rosters.. :(

at any rate, that would be a beast, along with Peggy pushing costs up :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A very interesting skill set focused on ap denial. Peggy is probably Character A. Team Affiliation Enemy can only be Villians. The aps gained at 5 cover got to be at least 6. 

Unfortunately, he can destroy only yellow, green or blue aps unless you don't have rainbow team and he needs to tank these colours. If not, that ability is not useful.

Those yummy cds will be good for Agent Coulson or 5Hawkeye. Drax could be fun too. If you are banking on green, you need to bring Domino along. If not, I foresee only 1 or 2 black tiles falling on average without her. Number of tiles destroyed  got to be at least 16. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This character has the same exact health as 4* Hulkbuster.... scratches chin
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks really interesting. I would say those powers belong more to a mutant rather than a stark tech marvel.
    His colors are yellow green and blue so if he makes a match the enemy would lose a few AP in those colors as well as the player. It is good if not having any AP but if not could be annoying. Possibly the cds will give more AP than he has lost, however it will be slow.
    Expensive powers and not seeming to be great on pvp.
    The tricky part could be the partnership and affiliations. 
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    if it is Hydra stomper, then it is disappointing. D.O.A    Powers seems to be disappointing we'll see on final numbers and how he plays out.,  i think they need to stop with the variants in the game. still waiting on the classic characters.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue holds this character back. Might've been fun otherwise.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Immune to stun is amazing.  

Can convert enemy weak colour tiles to friendly protects, good for things like polaris or kitty  

Blue passive. Sounds Very good with C4rol (5 in yellow).  

Green is very interesting. I wonder if it will work correctly with things like Domino's black falling tile passive power and how it would interact with things like Gh5strider or War machine when they destroy tiles with their powers.  

Might not be meta, might be slow or board dependant, but being immune to stun is a huge boon,
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    if it is Hydra stomper, then it is disappointing. D.O.A    Powers seems to be disappointing we'll see on final numbers and how he plays out.,  i think they need to stop with the variants in the game. still waiting on the classic characters.

They are not going to stop with variants in the game when those variants are tied into promoting what Marvel wants promoted. To be fair there have also been a fair amount of original characters released again this year (I won't use the term "classic" because that means something different depending on your subjective opinion)
    I also think this is Hydra Stomper (I guess I didn't need to put my post as a spoiler in the other thread, lol!)
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish my Coulson had more than one cover. The potential ap generation could get out of hand pretty quickly. Even still, Hydra Stomper and Peggy/C4rol will be a fun team. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Interesting you say that..

I think blue sounds like the most interesting power, only down side is he'll need to tank the powers and all my other 4stars are already much higher level
  • DAZ0273
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:

I think blue sounds like the most interesting power, only down side is he'll need to tank the powers and all my other 4stars are already much higher level

I was thinking this also if it is a specific team-up with Peggy needed for the stun immunity. He won't tank red and he will need quite a few levels to tank blue so she isn't going to get much benefit by the sounds of it.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

They are not going to stop with variants in the game when those variants are tied into promoting what Marvel wants promoted. To be fair there have also been a fair amount of original characters released again this year (I won't use the term "classic" because that means something different depending on your subjective opinion)
    I also think this is Hydra Stomper (I guess I didn't need to put my post as a spoiler in the other thread, lol!)
    I seriously doubt Marvel wants anything to do with these illegitimate children of classic characters. This is all Disney’s idea now , they’ve been rewriting endings and making their own  version of Marvel before Stan Lee ever got cold . I don’t even see him in new movie releases anymore even though they shot dozens of extra scenes where he could appear for a good 10 years posthumously. No one cares what these new generation fans who never even opened a comic book want or deserve , except Disney accountants. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

I seriously doubt Marvel wants anything to do with these illegitimate children of classic characters. This is all Disney’s idea now , they’ve been rewriting endings and making their own  version of Marvel before Stan Lee ever got cold . I don’t even see him in new movie releases anymore even though they shot dozens of extra scenes where he could appear for a good 10 years posthumously. No one cares what these new generation fans who never even opened a comic book want or deserve , except Disney accountants. 
    Funny. We should not talk about Disney and Marvel as separate entities with different goals. There is normally one board with controlling authority, especially in Hydra controlled multi-headed corporations like Disney. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Disney owning Marvel is just the surviving of the fittest. What Disney wants they get, so simple as that.
    However more money and resources means a better product and hardly hardly the outcome will be bad.
    If Disney wants to rewrite a character, to change sustantially his suit or to make him a key piece in the next ark, they can do it.
    The character belongs to them. 
    But that means the character will have a great script and it will be suddenly more worldwide popular than never it was.
    So, as the number one company of entertainment as Disney is now, I think actually Disney cares.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Omegased said:
    Anon said:

I was thinking this also if it is a specific team-up with Peggy needed for the stun immunity. He won't tank red and he will need quite a few levels to tank blue so she isn't going to get much benefit by the sounds of it.
    My reading of that power is that this character is always stun immune (if he has a yellow cover), and grants stun immunity to Character[A].
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this IS hydra smasher, would he be team iron man, or team cap you think?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

What the same Marvel Comics that gave us Thor Frog of Thunder, The X-Babies, CapWolf, Man-Spider, Thunderstrike (the 80'iests of Thor's!), USAgent, multiple Goliath/Giant Man and turned Spider-Man's costume black? Marvel Comics has never been shy of gimmicks and quirky variations on their properties. I present to you:

My understanding of the ending of Stan Lee cameo's in the MCU was that this was on Marvel's end. We all know Disney have no problem with using images/CGI of dead actors *cough* starwars *cough*. Then there was also the fact that J C Lee ripped into Marvel & Disney back in 2019 when it looked like Spider-Man would be leaving the MCU. They probably want to avoid doing anything with Stan that lets J C think she can circle round for another attack (although she got sanctioned $1 million for frivilous lawsuits against POW! following her fathers death so she might think twice).
    I can't speak for "new generation" fans. When I grew up reading comic books the Avengers were always my favourite but they were mostly a laughing stock compared to the X-Men, even Roger Stern's legendary run never got the respect it deserved. I never dreamed there would ever be a live action Avengers movie, let alone that non comic book fans would go see it in such huge numbers. So if MCU fans or whatever became so without ever reading the comic books then I don't really mind as I doubt we would have ever had Avengers without them. YMMV of course.