**** Kate Pryde (Marauders) ****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her passive repeater power doesn't include the boost from her passive yellow power. So, if your protect tile has 38 strength and you match it away, it will store as 38, instead of 38*1.2=46.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    They did the same with Electro last time, I can't remember who the fight was against but you were on your own against opponents who didn't do area damage, so her two passives didn't get showcased. 

Surely the point of these 'introducing' events is so we see their potential? Also, why can't we zoom in and actually see the comic strip introducing the character? 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    Judging the entire event based one node...  :o 

The purpose of the Introducing... Event was never meant to showcase their in-game powers. As publicly stated:

These events are intended to give players an idea of the origins of the character or incarnation of that character that is being released and how they fit into the ever-growing MPQ universe. The best part? Wherever possible, we’re doing it with stories drawn directly from the source; Panels drawn straight from the comics.

As you can see, it's basically a mismatch of expectation, even though the purpose of the event was already made known.

i think someone mentioned you can take a screenshot and then zoom in.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Basically she’s useless against pure damage teams that use no special tiles especially if you deny her yellow.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think it has to do with coding. None of the backgrounds in the game can be enlarged and it's likely they have a fixed resolution. Are PC users able to read the wordings more clearly?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it has to do with coding. None of the backgrounds in the game can be enlarged and it's likely they have a fixed resolution. Are PC users able to read the wordings more clearly?
    Absolutely not, the quality of those scans is not very high. Digital comic books are hard to read on PC even with good scans, still need to zoom in to read the text properly.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I play on my tablet I use to read all the text. On phone it is not possible. 
    Kate depends on partners or enemies like I said. You can fire the red but it is a bit expensive. 
    I can see her being the best partner for polaris.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    When I play on my tablet I use to read all the text. On phone it is not possible. 
    Kate depends on partners or enemies like I said. You can fire the red but it is a bit expensive. 
    I can see her being the best partner for polaris.

Polaris, C4rnage and KateP will be a great team. Only thing it lacks would be a way to fortify your special tiles.
    Cover board with specials, fire C4rnage's green. And you win :D
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Srheer0 said:
    Polaris, C4rnage and KateP will be a great team. Only thing it lacks would be a way to fortify your special tiles.
    There are plenty of supports that provide a chance to fortify special tiles even at 1 star.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    Funny how all of the "special tile killers" that were supposed to counter Polaris still have decent synergy with her (except Morbius I guess, he's the only emo boi in the room not trying to be friends with her lol)
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Funny how all of the "special tile killers" that were supposed to counter Polaris still have decent synergy with her (except Morbius I guess, he's the only emo boi in the room not trying to be friends with her lol)
    Mantis is the hard counter to Polaris.  She really hurts with any specials on the board.  Morbius is still decent with Polaris depending on the opponent.  I like to run him and Polaris against Polaris/R&G.  
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    So I am assuming she’s not, because someone would’ve posted,
    but has anyone seen confirmation that Pirate Kitty is not a feeder?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    News is she feeds Yellowjacket.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Wow.  That would be a nice break from the pattern.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellowjacket?  Interesting if true.  Anyone know any connections there that make sense?  I never associated Kitty/Kate with Darren Cross.  I guess Marauder = Pirate = Skull & Crossbones?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellowjacket?  Interesting if true.  Anyone know any connections there that make sense?  I never associated Kitty/Kate with Darren Cross.  I guess Marauder = Pirate = Skull & Crossbones?
    No idea either. I mean, there are Havok, Colossus, Sighclops, but maybe Kate prefers bad boys.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:
    There are plenty of supports that provide a chance to fortify special tiles even at 1 star.
    Supports don't work in pvp
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great synergy with Polaris and Grocket/BRB. Good synergy with Juggernaut and Grocket. I appreciate the synergy with Polaris and Be4st, even if a little slow. Hopefully she isn’t a prelude to a Polaris nerf.