**** Kate Pryde (Marauders) ****

1235»

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    She likely has the best synnergy with Apoc. Makes protect tiles for his Black, when he uses black it destroys protect tiles. And his yellow should boost the overall damage from her black beyond the max ( xxxx) amount. Shame that they share yellow actives though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apoc can create better protect tiles using yellow power than her and they share the same dominant colours. The saving grace is her black is passive. Also, her red is better than Apocalypse because she can deal roughly twice the damage of 450 Apocalypse's red with Apocalypse repeater out, if you can protect all 3 cds for 4 turns.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    I think her red improvement is bugged. At 270, she improves by 80. At level 500, it's still 80. It should be around 450 at that level. Her yellow power scaled though.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    She kinda looks like a young Segourney Weaver
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Anybody else seeing instances where her yellow passive seemingly isn't in effect?
    I just done a PVP match with BRB and Polaris and all the protects throughout the match were either the values as generated by BRB or Polaris.
    I guess maybe it just doesn't show on the board but still takes effect?
  • HoundofShadow
    It doesn't show. The same goes to Nico, Mehneto, Punisher, OMD, SMBB. You have to do your own mental calculation.  :D

Also, her black passive won't take into account her % boost. So, what you matched is what you get.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Has anyone else experienced her repeater dealing damage with no special tiles being matched? I swear she was dealing damage against me in PvP. There was a Polaris on the enemy team too, but there were no special tiles on the board at the time. Either Kate was bugged or Polaris was bugged, but I certainly took damage at the start of the enemy's turn. It only happened during that match, though. I'm waiting for another instance of it to be sure before I report it.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    Polaris deal x damage per special tile (regardless of whom it belongs to) on the board. Repeater is a type of special tile.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Yes, you are correct. However, when I received damage, the name of Kate's power flashed on the screen, not Polaris's. It only happened that one match, though. No other match thus far.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    So I am assuming she’s not, because someone would’ve posted,
    but has anyone seen confirmation that Pirate Kitty is not a feeder?
    News is she feeds Yellowjacket.
    Yellowjacket?  Interesting if true.  Anyone know any connections there that make sense?  I never associated Kitty/Kate with Darren Cross.  I guess Marauder = Pirate = Skull & Crossbones?
    Apparently he's a villain in Marauders. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marauders_Vol_1_6
  • HoundofShadow
    Not all passive powers will show banner. I remember something similar happened with other characters, but I can't remember who that is. When in doubt, turn on animation and you'll have a clearer view of what's happening.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Truth is polaris Dbeast and her are something else.
    Much more than a solid 4* team.
  • HoundofShadow
    I teamed her with Bishop and 4*BP and they work pretty nicely together.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Bad said:

Interesting that you would say that. In Shield Training I used Polaris on day 3 in the Peggy/Deadpool/Venom node and got my * handed to me because her repeater proc'd before Polaris could create a special tile and I never managed to get anything on the board for Polaris (my Beast/Polaris are 290/320 respectively) before being forced to retreat.
    I swapped to Medusa instead (330) and won handily thanks to her repeater/heal skills.
    I'll never ever use Kate in 4* land.
    KGB
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Wow. You couldn’t get 6 yellow or 7 blue AP?

too bad. 

Edit* forgot it’s vs Peggy. So that’s probably 9 yellow and 10 blue? Man…. That sucks. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

Interesting that you would say that. In Shield Training I used Polaris on day 3 in the Peggy/Deadpool/Venom node and got my * handed to me because her repeater proc'd before Polaris could create a special tile and I never managed to get anything on the board for Polaris 
    Well, peggy punishes active powers and this team requires to fire them off.
    It is not the fastest team but once it gets started there is a lot of passive damage each turn, 3 xmen allies mean low damage taken, and there is AP enough to fire powers each turn, rainbow team.
    It works great on waves,  better than many 5*s.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    Not sure i agree with that - problem with Kate, is her repeater counts as a tile on the board, meaning Polaris doesn't create her first strike tile.

so, THAT means, you gotta get enough blue before it properly starts. i tried on the node with DBeast in the shield training, so maybe with polaris in front so her strike goes first it may be a more powerful team.