**** Kate Pryde (Marauders) ****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The boost % is as good as Mehneto's, and even better than Nico Minoru's and Punisher's combined. Friendly specials will be 144% stronger. Her third ability deals 850% of the total collected strength. I'm surprised the % is so high.

270 Polaris creates 106 strength matched special tiles. Assuming there are 30 such tiles on the board and 12 were matched, her repeater deals 107 * 2.44 * 12 * 8.5 = 26, 630 damage. It's a lot for non-shield training battles. Even at 96%, it's still 21, 391 damage. We can throw in someone who can destroy the board to take advantage of this massive damage: All version of Storm, Th4nos, Carnage, Quake etc. Good boosters are Hellcat and Nico. I don't mind trading that 48% for something better if the math works out, damage wise. 270 Nico boost each tile by 68 strength. Assuming half of the 12 tiles matched is boosted by 68 and the other half by 136, we have:

(((107+68) * 1.96 * 6) + ((107+136)*1.96*6)) * 8.5 = (2058+2857.68)*8.5= 42013

So, it's better to trade one mutant away for a damage booster.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021

270 Polaris creates 106 strength matched special tiles. Assuming there are 30 such tiles on the board and 12 were matched, her repeater deals 107 * 2.44 * 12 * 8.5 = 26, 630 damage. It's a lot for non-shield training battles. Even at 96%, it's still 21, 391 damage. We can throw in someone who can destroy the board to take advantage of this massive damage: All version of Storm, Th4nos, Carnage, Quake etc. Good boosters are Hellcat and Nico. I don't mind trading that 48% for something better if the math works out, damage wise. 270 Nico boost each tile by 68 strength. Assuming half of the 12 tiles matched is boosted by 68 and the other half by 136, we have:

(((107+68) * 1.96 * 6) + ((107+136)*1.96*6)) * 8.5 = (2058+2857.68)*8.5= 42013

So, it's better to trade one mutant away for a damage booster.

She won't do 21K or 42K damage. There is a cap:
    "Level 5: Deals 850% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 1798). (Max level increase max damage to 3499)"
    which means to me she can do no more than 3499 damage when the repeater goes off regardless of how much strength you've collected.
    KGB

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    With the new tile killers Morbius and Mantis I welcome any new tile spammer now . Plus no one will use her if she can’t be used with Kitty 5. I’d either keep special  tiles on board at zero or just put her into perma stun
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for pulling me back to the right path. I got excited for nothing.  :D 

A cap of 3499 of passive damage every 2 turn is not a lot. Her shield training should be fine but it should be slow.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    She will be a decent third for Polaris/BRB (or Grocket). Especially if BRB is your sole champed 5*. Better than Be4st or Medusa? I’m not sure, but the potential is there I think. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    She seems to be an easy 5/3/5 set up - just like with 5* Pryde, set red to 3 (except in the occasional situation where you don't want Kitty chewing on enemy countdowns) and never look back. I will be interested to see how she works out with Polaris and Grocket compared to her 5* counterpart. 

Also, the low cap on black's damage should be mitigated somewhat by the fact that it looks like strike tiles (probably?) boost her repeater damage, which should make it more valuable. I am glad the repeater is fortified at least! 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Just so I am understanding it correctly, does Pryde's "+ % special tile boost" factor into "the value of matched or destroyed special tiles" part of her black?

I like the sound of her kit still. Easily a tier 2 or tier 1 character.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really wanna see if Kate’s “48%” tile increase stacks with 5* magneto’s shield increase. Not a lot of powers stack twice. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

So having a champed 5* Kitty I am not sure what to make of this 4* version. Her black is sort of interesting but then again do I want my special tiles destroyed? With Polaris I would say yes as I get more and can buff them again but Kitty can only steal if the enemy team has something to steal and I have to spend AP for the shields.
    Also...is she like wearing a wig?!?!? Maybe it is just me...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

So having a champed 5* Kitty I am not sure what to make of this 4* version. Her black is sort of interesting but then again do I want my special tiles destroyed? With Polaris I would say yes as I get more and can buff them again but Kitty can only steal if the enemy team has something to steal and I have to spend AP for the shields.
    Honestly, your special tiles are going to get destroyed whether your want them to or not - this gives you some "payback" for when they do.  Of course, the repeater is going to get destroyed too, sometimes, unless you fortify it.  If you play a tile spammer like Polaris, this is going to do damage regularly, and with strikes (and strike enhancers) the damage amount is less important than being a separate event.
    Well, to be honest, she's Jewish so kinky/wavy hair like that is pretty typical.  She's sometimes portrayed that way, sometimes with straight.  I got an uncle who is bald in front, starting about halfway on his crown is pure white, kinky/wavy hair that goes all the way down past his shoulders.  I swear he's the only person in existence that can completely rock a "skullet," particularly when it's in a ponytail.  The effect is even better since he's a Manhattan lawyer, so he's almost always in a nice suit.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Honestly, your special tiles are going to get destroyed whether your want them to or not - this gives you some "payback" for when they do.  Of course, the repeater is going to get destroyed too, sometimes, unless you fortify it.  If you play a tile spammer like Polaris, this is going to do damage regularly, and with strikes (and strike enhancers) the damage amount is less important than being a separate event.
    Well, to be honest, she's Jewish so kinky/wavy hair like that is pretty typical.  She's sometimes portrayed that way, sometimes with straight.  I got an uncle who is bald in front, starting about halfway on his crown is pure white, kinky/wavy hair that goes all the way down past his shoulders.  I swear he's the only person in existence that can completely rock a "skullet," particularly when it's in a ponytail.  The effect is even better since he's a Manhattan lawyer, so he's almost always in a nice suit.

True, I guess we wait and see what that ends up looking like.
    And I get the wavy hair thing but this artwork seems just slightly off. It is no big deal though and certainly nothing I would cross swords or skullets with your Uncle over!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    She sure looks like he took a real good grow hair lotion.
    It must be the sea and pirate's life, or eating fish.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

There are plenty of characters that gain things from destroying your own special tiles.

C4rnage has a VERY strong green nuke if the board is special tiles. Similar to 4nos. And polaris deals damage whenever you match or destroy special tiles too.

Hair does look strange. But I can only judge it in-game to be fair to the artists.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am stoked for a 4* kitty!  Great choice!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Must be a carry over from pride month

Wow, what a missed opportunity to avoid the very unfortunate artwork they used. Character sounds good, but what is the deal with these art choices lately?
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Okay, fine. I'll admit that I was wrong. I think we all knew it was going to be Kitty Pride, but I was in denial. I like Kitty as she is one of my favorite X-Men. I was just hoping for a splash of something different. At least she's going to feed 5* Kitty, right? :|  Right?!?

:(  Probably not.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    At least she's going to feed 5* Kitty, right?
    Emma Frost already does that.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Oh, yeah, I forgot. Thanks for the reminder. I've spent so much time focusing on collecting shards for other 5s that I forgot about Frost.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the 4* tier I see her as 5,3,5 pairing her with Polaris.  

What is interesting about her red is having the 3rd CD and extra damage.  If you have a damage booster like Okoye or Apoc does it matter how much damage her red does compared to the damage buff others do.  Getting 3 hits for 3 turns could be powerful.  Also if you have a board full of strike tiles that would be a damage booster as well.  3X the strike tile damage per turn plus the black passive.

I am still in the camp of 5,3,5 but I see why the damage on red is so low and how it could be sneaky decent
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Is the Lockheed support synergy perk going to work with this version of Kitty as well?