**** Kate Pryde (Marauders) ****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venomous said:
    I am a bit confused how they would be good with Polaris though. Polaris does make a whole ton of special tiles yes, but aren’t they all absurdly weak? Like, aren’t they supposed to be strength 50 for each she makes or something? That black passive won’t be very effective if the strength of the special tiles is so low.
    It will be a damage with a passive. Plus polaris could already have many strikes tiles for to increase that damage. 
    Also a good level polaris can create 200 strenght tiles.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Kwahder said:
    Boy, I am amazed at the number of people guessing it’s Marauder Kitty Pryde based on *checks notes* no evidence whatsoever. I wonder what led them to this conclusion?

The clue was what "I'm a pirate"
    The character has heroes, X and X team affiliations. Mutant and X-Men would fit there if it were Kitty.
    The Yellow power creates protects and improves special tiles just like 5* Kitty.
    The Black passive power is a repeater that deals damage related to special tiles when it goes off doesn't sound too different than Circuit Breaker with 5* Kitty.
    The colors for the character are yellow, red and black.

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I doubt it's Kitty Pryde. Usually, a character maintains the same colors at different levels. Kitty is yellow/purple/red while this one is yellow/red/black. Of course, it could still be Kitty, but I doubt it.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Actually, it’s more often that one color is changed for another color in different levels. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Kwahder said:
    Boy, I am amazed at the number of people guessing it’s Marauder Kitty Pryde based on *checks notes* no evidence whatsoever. I wonder what led them to this conclusion?

The clue was what "I'm a pirate"

The clue is “You are a Pirate”. Could be anything? A line written in a comic, one of the numerous pirates. Or data mined and shared on discord or line.  I wouldn’t know, I’m not on those platforms. But it seems like sometimes these ‘guesses’ are pretty specific. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Akoni said:
    I doubt it's Kitty Pryde. Usually, a character maintains the same colors at different levels. Kitty is yellow/purple/red while this one is yellow/red/black. Of course, it could still be Kitty, but I doubt it.
    3 star and 4 star dp red/black/purple
    5 star dp red/ black/blue

3 star cyclops red/yellow/black
    4 star cyclops red/yellow/blue
    5 star cyclops red/yellow/green

3 star colossus yellow/black/red
    5 star colossus yellow/black/blue
  • SecretAmbush
    SecretAmbush Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    What if it's Pyro? He's a marauder, X-men. Got a pirate tattoo too.
    (His colours are red, black and yellow!!)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/St._John_Allerdyce_(Earth-616) 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:

Ironfist. Nope

Luke cake? Can't remember.

Magneto? Changes.

C5rol? Changes a bit. Red and black being most common.

Whoever this mysterious Pirate is, they will be fun with C4rnage. He destroys a lot of tiles with his green. Maybe 4nos will also work with them for the same reason. Only downside is 4nos isn't a "destroy" or "Match" person.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    BriMan2222 said:
    Akoni said:
    3 star and 4 star dp red/black/purple
    5 star dp red/ black/blue

3 star cyclops red/yellow/black
    4 star cyclops red/yellow/blue
    5 star cyclops red/yellow/green

3 star colossus yellow/black/red
    5 star colossus yellow/black/blue
    Or just look at all of our various Black Widows. Together they literally cover all six colors.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely Corsair, colors match his suit.  Just in time for the new solicitations this summer and their revival.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    FB page just revealed that it is pirate kitty pride
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Kate Pryde (Marauders)
    4-Star Rarity
    Affiliations: Heroes, X-Men, Mutants

“In the new age of Krakoa, Kate Pryde serves as the Red Queen of the Hellfire Trading Company. As captain of her Marauder crew, she travels across the world to rescue persecuted mutants and bring them home.”

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
    4038 Health / 14956 Health
     42 | 37 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 33 | 23 | 3.0x
     85 | 74 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 65 | 43 | 3.0x
    Safe Harbor – 6  AP
    To me, my Marauders! Captain Kate takes the helm to bring Mutants to Krakoa. Creates 3 Blue Protect tiles of strength 9. Then, improves 2 friendly special tiles by 9. (Max level creates tiles of strength 18, improves tiles by 18)
    (PASSIVE) Friendly special tiles are 12% stronger for each active Mutant on Kate’s team.
    • Level 2: Creates Protect tiles of strength 14, and improves tiles by 14. Friendly special tiles are 16% stronger. (Max level creates tiles of strength 27, improves tiles by 27)
    • Level 3: Creates 4 Protect tiles. Friendly special tiles are 20% stronger.
    • Level 4: Creates Protect tiles of strength 18, and improves 3 tiles by 18. Friendly special tiles are 30% stronger. (Max level creates tiles of strength 36, improves tiles by 36)
    • Level 5: Creates 5 Protect tiles of strength 23, and improves 4 tiles by 23. Friendly special tiles are 48% stronger. (Max level creates tiles of strength 45, improves tiles by 45)
    The Red Queen – 8  AP
    Your ship, your pride, your sword? It all belongs to her. Create 1 Purple 4-turn Countdown tile that deals 139 damage to the target each turn. When this tile expires, steal 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles and improve them by 57. (Max level 271 damage)
    • Level 2: Creates 2 Countdown tiles.
    • Level 3: Countdown tile deals 185 damage each turn. When it expires, it improves the stolen tiles by 68. (Max level 360 damage)
    • Level 4: Countdown tile deals 204 damage each turn. When it expires, steals 4 tiles and improves them by 80. (Max level 398 damage)
    • Level 5: Creates 3 Countdown tiles that deal 232 damage each turn. (Max level 453 damage)
    Not Just a Phase –  PASSIVE
    (PASSIVE) Kate Pryde grabs hold of all that is dear and phases it through danger, then fights back with a vengeance. At the start of the turn, if one doesn’t exist, create a 2-turn Fortified Green Repeater tile that collects the strength of all matched or destroyed Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles. When this tile expires, deal 150% of the collected strength as damage to the target, then reset (max 428 damage). (Max level increase max damage to 833)
    • Level 2: Deals 250% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 599). (Max level increase max damage to 1166)
    • Level 3: Deals 350% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 770). (Max level increase max damage to 1499)
    • Level 4: Deals 550% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 1113). (Max level increase max damage to 2166)
    • Level 5: Deals 850% of collected strength as damage (to a max of 1798). (Max level increase max damage to 3499)

Cut from the Facebook page.

The Black looks much better than initially thought given it's 850% so a 100 strength tile would be 850 value. Should be easy to reach the 3499 value against special tile users.
    What I want to know is does her passive work on her active Yellow so if she has 2 other Mutants, is her strength 45 (max level) actually 100+ (+48%*3) and does it work for Grockets initially places tiles etc.
    The Red better be 453 damage per countdown on the board or else it's awful weak.
    Thinking 5/3/5 as long as you face a special tile user.
    KGB
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Must be a carry over from pride month

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Well, that was super underwhelming honestly. Super weird pick but hey, always eager to learn about new characters. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I wonder considering her name is different, will the game let her play with kitty?
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Seems fairly badass.  Was hoping for corsair though =(!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Is she going to bring her brick wall along with her, or are we getting all new character art?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. I’m “amazed” that so many people “guessed this” correctly, based on “*checks notes* no evidence whatsoever. I wonder what led them to this conclusion?”

/sarcasm
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's interesting how her powers create tiles on colors other than the one assigned; black to green, red to purple, and yellow to blue.
    That said, she looks like a decent 4* who doesn't punch up. That should keep everyone happy.