***** Electro (Francine Frye) *****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing her pvp, perhaps her better power is yellow. A strong strike tile on the bottom: a tile hard to match, even more if the player waits until no matches possibles.
    Her green could be good if she is leveled, as the tiles are damaging on her stats.
    Her black could hit hard if her partner is onslaught. 
    On defense her green is dangerous as it can provide a cascade or an unexpected AP gain.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought maybe Electro could be the new Danver5 on that BrB/Polaris winfinite, but she isn’t. Also her green can be fired even if there are no viable tiles for it to convert to CDs, which does nothing except scrub off 7 green AP. Is that intended or a bug?
    Probably a bug. It should be like her yellow in that if there are no tiles then it doesn’t proc. Instead it is like BRB’s blue where it fires anyways, but instead of the damage you get with BRB it fizzles and ends in disappointment 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Electro only does a Quake-like fixed damage reduction to incoming AOE, the percent reduction is only to herself. I’ll be curious how effective that really turns out to be against Hulkoye. 
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    I think that the solo fight against Invisible Woman really showcased how bad Electro is. Her shake up/cascade is seriously weak. That green power really doesn't do enough to shake the board. She also doesn't hit with AoE herself, she can't effect enemy special tiles, and her black is only damage. And while she's alone, her passive yellow does not fire, it requires AoE damage.

If her green fired more than three tiles, fortified, or if they destroyed more than a single column, maybe it would be better. You'd also have to be pretty lucky to get a full column destroyed with this. Her black really needs something else to it, just raising her damage alone is not really worth it, especially when you can't clear the TU's because her board shake is terrible.

A lame power set dependant on a good board and good teammates. She's sub-par in my book, and I won't waste the time or energy trying to get her.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    She won't last long against Hulkoye. You need to do something quickly with her yellow aps generated. She's good in niche situation (against aoe team) as a yellow battery. I think she is meant more for 4* players, rather than 5. In a pick 3, she will be fun with Mehneto and Kitty. Use Mehnto to put protect tiles not in green tiles so that IHulk's aoe will fire every turn and deals 1 damage, let Kitty buff those tiles and collect 30 yellow ap. Fire Mehneto blue. You could replace Kitty with SW and hex yellow. That's an extra 150% damage with Mehneto's blue.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Alex502 said:
    I think that the solo fight against Invisible Woman really showcased how bad Electro is. Her shake up/cascade is seriously weak. That green power really doesn't do enough to shake the board. She also doesn't hit with AoE herself, she can't effect enemy special tiles, and her black is only damage. And while she's alone, her passive yellow does not fire, it requires AoE damage.

If her green fired more than three tiles, fortified, or if they destroyed more than a single column, maybe it would be better. You'd also have to be pretty lucky to get a full column destroyed with this. Her black really needs something else to it, just raising her damage alone is not really worth it, especially when you can't clear the TU's because her board shake is terrible.

A lame power set dependant on a good board and good teammates. She's sub-par in my book, and I won't waste the time or energy trying to get her.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the bolded part. Her passive Yellow does proc regardless of whether she has other allies or is the last woman standing, as long as she gets hit with an AoE move like God of Thunder, Come and Get Me, Cry Havok, The Green Door etc. I can't even call that bolded sentence a contradiction; it seems more a non sequitur.

Also, note that the loaner Electros we have been using is at lv275, boosted to 325. Let's wait till we see her at 450 or 550, and actually used in synergies like Wanda/Apocalypse or Onslaught, before saying she's "bad" or "sub-par".
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's pretty bad, but is probably going to be crazy when boosted +100 levels.

Anybody know how hard black hits at 550?  How big is the strike tile on yellow at 550?
  • HoundofShadow
    Multiply by  ~2.16 and here's the 550 stat:

HP: 124, 184
    Green: 18, 383 x 3 = 55, 151
    Black: 43, 606 + 40, 117 = 83, 700
    Strike tile: 2894
    AoE reduction:14, 303

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    overall not that good.  In PVP her green CD get matched away too easily.  Her Black is good but difficult to get have less than 7TU without help.  Yellow is cheep but if there is no AOE is a little weak.  Yellow active is more of a secondary power in a team of 3.  

She super situational with only black being a shining power.  I would prefer to use Apoc Black for 7 AP over here for 8
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Multiply by  ~2.16 and here's the 550 stat:

HP: 124, 184
    Green: 18, 383 x 3 = 55, 151
    Black: 43, 606 + 40, 117 = 83, 700
    Strike tile: 2894
    AoE reduction:14, 303

So during her boost week she's going to be really good.  Green is still a little weak but black is crazy damage/AP, she'll shut down all AOE, and a 3k strike tile for 5 isn't bad at all.

She's not usable unboosted, but very few are.  This is how we have to evaluate them now.
  • HoundofShadow
    If you are talking about the weekly 4 5* boost after her first run, multiply by 2.5 instead for 450 boosted to 569. I think newer 5* has its own boost level.
  • Alex502
    edited July 2021

You're right, I could have phrased myself better about the team damage, but the only other point was that she's usable at boosted level. Well, so are a lot of terrible characters. Mehgneto is boosted this week, and I feel he's got a much more flexible and powerful moveset. The previous four 5* releases also, in my opinion, all had more flexible or effective movesets, besides, perhaps Colossus being the next least effective of those.

I also think there's enough of a consensus that's she's mid ranking, and lowly. I think we'd give her around a C- overall.
  • Bad
    Well she is level 325 and she fights 5 enemy waves 3 level 170 who can stun and 2 level 270. 
    And if invisible yellow has some yellow (for sure she will have)she will spam invisibility tiles.
    Not sure why they suddenly chose a hard battle for a character without any passive, but that is not making her worse, as well as all the usual pvps 1/1/1 where the 5* cannot do much.
    I think the same, she is a funny cooperative character who can work well in a specific team. 
  • Alex502
    Also, I guess my expectation for her yellow passive was this, it says "when a power would deal damage to Electro's entire team," well in a fight when she's not just the last woman standing, she's literally the entirety of the team, part of my mind expected that all damage would fall into this category, and trigger her yellow battery. Obviously, it does not, but that's what I thought. She would be better off if it did, even just to expand her effectiveness that slight much.
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm shocked there are players using iHulkoye in her pvp. I Chaos Magic yellow with SW and I hit 30 yellow ap cap quickly. Together with Apocalypse, they turned them into a 3* team, which got wiped quickly.
  • Bad
    Wanda+apocalypse +this electro 1/1/1: a maxed ihulkoye team has no chance to damage slighty this team. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I’m calling it. She’s got some dirt. Remarking how bad a character is because of how they are in a one-on-one situation (vs invisible woman no less) is borderline stupid. Most of the game is with a team and some characters are just really good one-on-one (like 4* Elektra and invisible woman) and others are not (medusa and Kitty). 

Anyway….. her black + Wanda’s purple (3 purple and select black) hits EXTREMELY strong with under 7 TUP on the board. Apoc’s black needs 4 shields on the field and his Shared Strength repeater (7 yellow) to hit so hard. My Electro is champed and at level 455. Her black is doing 61542 damage. That’s amazing damage output fir the amount of AP you need. (8 black and 3 purple, TUP <= 7).

also, with Wanda’s Mystikal feedback tile on the board, Hulkoye becomes worthless. -1 damage and you get 5 free yellow. Same deal vs Knull (I’m seeing a few Knulls out there now). 

Her green is all about making cascades and the fact that it’s cheap. Damage from it is a waste of time. 

Electro + Wanda + a villain is good dirt. I really like them with Ronan a lot. Pretty good with Onslaught too. GEDoom as well. Gonna try some others. 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone has a fun pick-3 team for electro? I having fun with her and Onslaught in LR. As this week LR is mainly villains so electro has 50% damage resistance. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Electro/Onslaught/Domino (5/3/5)
    Electro/Thor/Domino (5/3/5)

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Electro/Onslaught/Domino (5/3/5)
    Electro/Thor/Domino (5/3/5)

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess with domino, you want to create a lot of black tiles for Electro black. 
    I was trying to find a All Villains team to maximise her passive damage reduction. 
    I remember seeing someone recommend Electro-Onslaught-Killmonger. Full rainbow, with active powers in black, green, blue, purple and red. Lotsa options. 
    In sims I am trying out Electro-Onslaught-Carnage. Carnage gives a red outlet, and his passive match will hopefully trigger more match 4. Carnage attack tiles can also double dip on Electro strike tiles. I am having some fun with this team now. A variety of options to win