***** Electro (Francine Frye) *****

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Her numbers are pretty solid, so that is a good thing. And having another way of countering passive AoEs is also good (not everyone got Wanda I imagine). So I think she is good but not great, probably a must for anybody that didnt get Wanda. I think it is a pity she is released so close to Wanda, who stole part of her thunder ... I mean lighting... :P 

I think the best that can be said is that she falls in the category of chars that will be great when buffed. All around better than Knull and Ronan and I would say worth champing (lets hope next two chars a very good).

I really really want a very good PvE char released this year, but I dont think she is the one. I guess it is still too early for another meta char :(

PS: She is going to be pretty fun with Onslaught and ProfX in 3-char teams, she helps cascades (and 4-matches), Onslaught clears team ups, fun team.

PS: Everybody talks about Hulk but oh poor Adam Warlock, Colossus is much better as match damage machine (and they share 2 colors) and now even his black AoE is completely useless with two chars countering it. The poor guy never ever really had the chance to shine :(
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye...doesn't particularly need any help?  She has infinite HP so damage mitigation doesn't really matter.  She also doesn't really need speeding up.  She wants to be paired with someone who does passive damage every turn so she can boost it.

The only question relevant to the current meta……
    I never asked a question about the meta with Electro because that’s undetermined as she hasn’t been released yet. I don’t know why you keep bringing that up. Again. This is Okoye/Electro or Okoye/Wanda vs IHulk or Hulkoye. Or if you want Hulkoye/Wanda or Hulkoye/Electro vs Hulkoye. 

Okoye has “infinite health”? Gee. I wonder how that happens? Oh yeah! Because she activates her yellow to heal. How does Wanda help that in any way, other than counter-intuitively? 

She wants someone who does damage every turn passively right? Yeah. That’s what IHulk is for. And Okoye boosts that by matching TUPs. Wanda’s purple is counter-intuitive to that. Electro is not. She helps put more TUPs on the board. 
    Why would it be undetermined?  Evaluating characters is about evaluating their place in the metagame.  It's pretty easy to predict which characters will be used and which ones won't, based on their abilities. 
    You seem to really want to talk about the meta. Why, idk. There are other threads for that. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye...doesn't particularly need any help?  She has infinite HP so damage mitigation doesn't really matter.  She also doesn't really need speeding up.  She wants to be paired with someone who does passive damage every turn so she can boost it.

The only question relevant to the current meta……
    I never asked a question about the meta with Electro because that’s undetermined as she hasn’t been released yet. I don’t know why you keep bringing that up. Again. This is Okoye/Electro or Okoye/Wanda vs IHulk or Hulkoye. Or if you want Hulkoye/Wanda or Hulkoye/Electro vs Hulkoye. 

Okoye has “infinite health”? Gee. I wonder how that happens? Oh yeah! Because she activates her yellow to heal. How does Wanda help that in any way, other than counter-intuitively? 

She wants someone who does damage every turn passively right? Yeah. That’s what IHulk is for. And Okoye boosts that by matching TUPs. Wanda’s purple is counter-intuitive to that. Electro is not. She helps put more TUPs on the board. 
    Why would it be undetermined?  Evaluating characters is about evaluating their place in the metagame.  It's pretty easy to predict which characters will be used and which ones won't, based on their abilities. 
    You seem to really want to talk about the meta. Why, idk. There are other threads for that. 
    I don't think you understand what "metagame" means.  Discussion of whether or not this character is actually usable in the actual game isn't just relevant, it's the only thing that's relevant.  What else is there to talk about?
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
     Again. This is Okoye/Electro or Okoye/Wanda vs IHulk or Hulkoye. Or if you want Hulkoye/Wanda or Hulkoye/Electro vs Hulkoye. 

To be fair, Electro making yellow for Okoye is counter-intuitive too. Max damage on Electro's black required having less TU on the board, which isn't going to happen if Okoye can throw out her heal every turn or 2. And with regard to keeping Wanda's repeater out, Electro's passive is dependant on having enough green for the enemy iHulk to trigger, so it's not exactly fool proof either. Especially since Electro has an active green you'll be collecting. You'd also have to wait 3 turns for unfortified cd's to go off, while Wanda could do damage every turn.

In the pure Okoye + ? Vs Hulkoye sandbox, I think they are roughly equal risk vs reward. Each has their drawbacks & advantages. If I'm adding my own hulk in pick 3, Wanda can help keep green on the board for hulk, too, but electro can't. On the other hand, Electro has 2 more active damage dealing powers in the colors of Hulk & Okoye's passives. Either one is an option, but I don't see one being clearly superior to the other, and still just in the context of another Hulkoye team on defense. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
     Again. This is Okoye/Electro or Okoye/Wanda vs IHulk or Hulkoye. Or if you want Hulkoye/Wanda or Hulkoye/Electro vs Hulkoye. 

To be fair, Electro making yellow for Okoye is counter-intuitive too. Max damage on Electro's black required having less TU on the board, which isn't going to happen if Okoye can throw out her heal every turn or 2. And with regard to keeping Wanda's repeater out, Electro's passive is dependant on having enough green for the enemy iHulk to trigger, so it's not exactly fool proof either. Especially since Electro has an active green you'll be collecting. You'd also have to wait 3 turns for unfortified cd's to go off, while Wanda could do damage every turn.

In the pure Okoye + ? Vs Hulkoye sandbox, I think they are roughly equal risk vs reward. Each has their drawbacks & advantages. If I'm adding my own hulk in pick 3, Wanda can help keep green on the board for hulk, too, but electro can't. On the other hand, Electro has 2 more active damage dealing powers in the colors of Hulk & Okoye's passives. Either one is an option, but I don't see one being clearly superior to the other, and still just in the context of another Hulkoye team on defense. 
    Okoye's boost from collected TU's would quickly outrun the boost Electro might've had from TU tiles dry board. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character arrival has stuck me into something of two minds. I have Switch ready to champ, have covers for Knull and will pick up a cover for Ronan eventually. Electro looks interesting but as I don't tend to be able to champ all the latest, is she interesting enough to pursue when I have Wanda? I actually find BRB/Kitty shuts down iHulk at my level too, so it is a little hard to know what to do. I guess I can fit her on an Apocalypse team for the villain boost but my champed 5* are all heroes otherwise. So I guess I might be realistically looking at a somewhat enforced hoard as nobody is really doing a lot for my roster shape. I guess I will see if she is any fun to play.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    This character arrival has stuck me into something of two minds. I have Switch ready to champ, have covers for Knull and will pick up a cover for Ronan eventually. Electro looks interesting but as I don't tend to be able to champ all the latest, is she interesting enough to pursue when I have Wanda? I actually find BRB/Kitty shuts down iHulk at my level too, so it is a little hard to know what to do. I guess I can fit her on an Apocalypse team for the villain boost but my champed 5* are all heroes otherwise. So I guess I might be realistically looking at a somewhat enforced hoard as nobody is really doing a lot for my roster shape. I guess I will see if she is any fun to play.

In my experience, if you start at 0 pulls and redeem as many LL tokens (and cp) as you can, you'll get 10-13 covers of someone from the time they enter LL to the time they leave it. I completed St5rm, ProfX and a couple others with this method before I actually planned and did a bit of hoarding.

I was playing SCL7 pve and pvp to 900 points at the time. So if you are playing a higher SCL and get more points in pvp, you will get more CP and therefore more pulls.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Animations remind me of pokemon of electric type. She reminds me of Electrike.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Okoye's boost from collected TU's would quickly outrun the boost Electro might've had from TU tiles dry board. 
    That's certainly true, mine would take about 7 TU to break even on the damage boost. I was just pointing out that using Electro with Okoye would be just as counter-intuitive as Wanda & Okoye. They just offset each other in different ways.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's certainly true, mine would take about 7 TU to break even on the damage boost. I was just pointing out that using Electro with Okoye would be just as counter-intuitive as Wanda & Okoye. They just offset each other in different ways.
    Okayed wants to match TU more than she wants them on the board. Wanda actively hurts Okoye by converting TU I think. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hm. Even if you’re the only character left, if you get hit with a AOA, Electro will drop the damage and gain the 5yellow. 

Also, with her green, her CDs can appear on the top of the screen. It doesn’t make a red CD from nothing. It uses existing red tiles and turns them into CDs. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her damage reduction, it's worded like Prof X power.  I thought Prof X included himself as a mutant, so shouldn't Electro count herself as a villain?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not the same. Hers says "each other active villian", but Prof X's says "each active...".
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not the same. Hers says "each other active villian", but Prof X's says "each active...".
    I have to learn how to read one day....
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have played her a couple of times and she kind of feels like a 4* not a 5*.  Green is cheep and ok giving some damage each turn.

black was really tough to have 7 or less TU and since there was one AOE damage yellow gave a nice strike tile, but was also giving Scorpion a strike tile and purple AP.

She feels like yellow jacket tier.  Fun mechanics but just a little bit short of being useful 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    I think this electro is a type of character similar to wanda: she can shine the more when there is great sinergy.
    She pairs great with onslaught, I wonder if her other partner could be colossus. 
    Her green destroys tiles, colossus should take his 3 colors on her behalf.
    Now change that for ronan. He is another match damage character if conditions meet. Ronan firing his blue and electro her green.
    There is also the possibility that having more characters countering AoE, perhaps more characters with passive AoE are coming.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing her PvP a bit. She kinda has decent synergy with BRB/Polaris. Her yellow isn’t great as it is too restricted. Her green can only really be fired every third turn or it has a chance for being less effective. I rarely get her black to fire at full strength, but with Polaris (or with Chavez vs Morbius) I generally ignore team-up matches. So yeah, probably best paired with Apocalypse/Onslaught.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought maybe Electro could be the new Danver5 on that BrB/Polaris winfinite, but she isn’t. Also her green can be fired even if there are no viable tiles for it to convert to CDs, which does nothing except scrub off 7 green AP. Is that intended or a bug?