***** Electro (Francine Frye) *****

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Green power seems like it could be something like multiple lightning strikes, if this is Electro.  
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I think they implemented one or two ways of representing electricity or his electric power:

1) gaining yellow ap via taking damage from AoE. Electricity flows in closed circuit or in a straight line. When his team gets hit by AoE, electricity flows and charges their yellow ap.

2) those cds probably represent some sort of denotator that gets charged up by his electricity and then explodes. The upward destruction probably represents his version of explosion.

Come to think of it, not having charged tiles is fine because a yellow battery is good too.
    But don't we tend to think of lightning strikes coming down from the sky and not up (even if that's not exactly how it works?)
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    I think they implemented one or two ways of representing electricity or his electric power:

1) gaining yellow ap via taking damage from AoE. Electricity flows in closed circuit or in a straight line. When his team gets hit by AoE, electricity flows and charges their yellow ap.

2) those cds probably represent some sort of denotator that gets charged up by his electricity and then explodes. The upward destruction probably represents his version of explosion.

Come to think of it, not having charged tiles is fine because a yellow battery is good too.
    But don't we tend to think of lightning strikes coming down from the sky and not up (even if that's not exactly how it works?)
    I’m not reading it as upward destruction, but rather downward destruction TO the countdown. So similar to how lightning doesn’t always touch the ground. Some are short, some are long, some touch the ground, etc. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Well electro was pointed figuring it out the ohm sign. However the ohm is not exactly electricity. A volt would define better what electro means.
    The reduction of AoE I think it is not a thing electro would do. If anything, it should be something a character negating electricity would do.
    If it was electro his affiliation would be sinister six. However that affiliation is quite obsolete.
    And the only other villain affiliation would be villains mutant with apocalypse and onslaught.
    Obviously omega red wont be as this characters lacks huge strenght and vampiric skills.
    That guess on phoenix five sounds possible, or at least something as elusive as being a villain but supporting heroes.
    The truth is I am really thrilled with this one.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a villain with yellow black and green abilities and has a team affiliation.

If it ISNT Electro I'll be... shocked ;)
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Anon said:
    It's a villain with yellow black and green abilities and has a team affiliation.

If it ISNT Electro I'll be... shocked ;)

I wouldn't be as shocked if we were talking about a 4* character.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    If it's Electro and he doesn't create charged tiles I'm going to call this a missed opportunity.

She*.
    Is the current Electro a woman?
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Lizard wasn't an original Sinister Six member either yet he has the role. Sinister Six is more a buzzword for "Spider Man Villain". I am very certain this is Electro. Rhino wouldn't make sense since the quote doesn't match. Ohm is a measurement of electricity so it makes complete sense it's him. Even the kit makes sense because now he is a living battery for his team as he generates "electricity" aka yellow tiles. The downward strikes of the countdown tiles are lighting bolts and even the damage negation makes sense if you think of him as turning into electricity and dodging the attack. ( Although it was likely just added to attempt to start a Sinister Six meta to rival the Spider-verse teams.) This is for certain Electro. However which Electro remains yet to be seen. Whether it's his Classic look, which I hope it will be. His Ultimate look where he is more blue in color and has an even more unusual face mask. Or Francine Frye. 

Besides, I honestly feel Electro is befitting of a 5 star. Mostly because his powers are some of the most powerful among Spider Man's rouges gallery. I am just hoping it's the classic version so he matches Doc Ock. 
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Don't want to nitpick but Ohm is a measurement for electric resistance, not electricity per se.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I'm probably wrong here, but doesn't Shocker fall under Sinister Six affiliation? If it's not Electro, the kit may suggest Shocker. But then I suppose Shocker isn't 5* material. Just a thought, though! 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shocker doesn't have anything to do with electricity, even though his name suggests so. There are quite a number of 5* who are not 5* material, but they still made the list.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    If it's Electro and he doesn't create charged tiles I'm going to call this a missed opportunity.

She*.
    The original Electro (male) was replaced by a female version who accidentally killed him with a kiss and absorbed his powers. My memory is a little vague, but I think that's how it happened.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:

She*.
    The original Electro (male) was replaced by a female version who accidentally killed him with a kiss and absorbed his powers. My memory is a little vague, but I think that's how it happened.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Francine_Frye_(Earth-616)
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Tbf the last hint of killer dance moves was super off.  So applying any sort of sense/logic to this hint is like...2% chance of it working lol.

Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and guess Sebastian Shaw because why not.
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2021
    Sebastian Shaw? Nah, his affiliation would be Hellfire Club, and I'm pretty sure Emma doesn't have it even though she was a former member of it.

Idk. If the villainous affiliation isn't Sinister Six nor Dark Avengers, it could be anything. Like HYDRA for example. How about Madame Viper? Red Skull?

Wasn't there some sort of mutant villain with electric (no, not electromagnetism, just electricity... even though it kinda goes in hand with magnetism lol) powers? I thought there was one somewhere.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sticking with my omega red guess.  Maybe he crashes the hellfire gala?  World make sense with the 3* colossus costume.
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Akoni said:

She*.

The comics are currently building up to a Sinister Six event in the Spider-man comic, and the original Electro was just resurrected by Doc Ock.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    TheDaniel said:
    Akoni said:

She*.

The comics are currently building up to a Sinister Six event in the Spider-man comic, and the original Electro was just resurrected by Doc Ock.
    That's a good argument for the new character being Electro. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Sebastian Shaw? Nah, his affiliation would be Hellfire Club, and I'm pretty sure Emma doesn't have it even though she was a former member of it.

Idk. If the villainous affiliation isn't Sinister Six nor Dark Avengers, it could be anything. Like HYDRA for example. How about Madame Viper? Red Skull?

Wasn't there some sort of mutant villain with electric (no, not electromagnetism, just electricity... even though it kinda goes in hand with magnetism lol) powers? I thought there was one somewhere.

What'd I JUST say about using logic.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    So assuming the wikipedia entry is correct (and I have no reason to think it isn't), I just found out something interesting. It would appear that Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) has never actually featured on a team actually called The Sinister Six. His first appearance is listed as being the 6th incarnation but in fact is called The Sinister 12 because you guessed it, there were 12 members. Norman does not appear next until the 12th version of the group where most of these were holograms and they have far more members than 12. Then Osborn shows up again in the 15th grouping which has 60 members!
    The only time he is ever part of a group which has 6 members are in alternate reality timelines such as Marvel Zombies and Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse where he is part of the bad guy team but I don't believe they are ever called by that name.