***** Electro (Francine Frye) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's sinister six, GG is probably his best partner. GG can steal up to 27 aps, red that hits for ~10k/cd, blue that stuns random enemy for 2 turns each. The other two are putting strike and protect tiles. 

Throw in Colossus to give some protection against match damage. Wiccan could work too because each of his cd reduce enemy matches and power by 20%. 5 out and you are taking only 1 damage.

Throw AC or HE for other ap gains. I think AC is potentially better because he puts 1 cd per friendly power fired. Then, fire Goblin's yellow to detonate all cds.

With 5 yellow ap gain per aoe and reduction against aoe, it can bring out a lot of fun teams for players, especially for 3* and 4* players, seeing how 4* Juggernaut is part of the meta. Of course, all this will go up in smoke if the dev deliberately code his ability to not work with 4* Juggernaut.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    If it's Electro and he doesn't create charged tiles I'm going to call this a missed opportunity.
    If he doesn't then it makes it seem unlikely that we would get one in the near future and that they likely are worried about doing so with some of the match damage dealers released as of late.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's Electro and he doesn't create charged tiles I'm going to call this a missed opportunity.
    Plenty of Thor and Storm that don't use charged tiles as well, and that works out fine.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think they implemented one or two ways of representing electricity or his electric power:

1) gaining yellow ap via taking damage from AoE. Electricity flows in closed circuit or in a straight line. When his team gets hit by AoE, electricity flows and charges their yellow ap.

2) those cds probably represent some sort of denotator that gets charged up by his electricity and then explodes. The upward destruction probably represents his version of explosion.

Come to think of it, not having charged tiles is fine because a yellow battery is good too.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok returning to the speculation time:
    GG has 45k health at level 450, Oct has 55k. If the affiliation was sinister six, how much damage reduction would be for him?
    20%? That would act as if he would have roughly like 80k health at level 450.
    That its not enough for to have to carry on with those really old  fragile classics.
    On the other hand if that was the case that would be a pass for my as I dont have anyone of those champed.
    Some of us wanted more affiliation effects. However if this character has so not popular affiliation this passive would be useless.
    So I would say his affiliation would be villains mutant, actually for him being good.
    And that surely wont make him electro. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Prof $ is giving a max of 75% reduction plus other effects. Villians seem to get lousier deal so it's probably capped at 60%.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. If it’s Electro they should be trying to build a bit of a charged tile meta with him. Definitely a missed opportunity 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it could be a Brotherhood of Evil Mutant, but if so, he’d be the first from that team, which is pretty whack unless some more are coming quickly. I’m not feeling like this is Omega Red based on those powers and colors. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I say if it’s Electro they missed an opportunity anyway. 

Omega Red. There are just so many fun things to do with his kit.

I get it though, Electro is more popular in mainstream. 

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2021
    Venomous said:
    Many are unsure but I am certain this is Electro. He would finally complete the 5 star Sinister Six trio, he makes countdown tiles for Green Goblin to protect, and the colors are befitting for him. Honestly, if the numbers are good enough he could make a Sinister Six team become somewhat popular. Put him with Doc Ock or Green Goblin and it'll be very difficult to kill him. It's uncertain how much damage negation it is too. 

The problem though is I don't think either Sinister Six character is very good and we don't have any very powerful 4 stars either. Even if the numbers for him are good, the question is whether he has a Sinister Six member to partner with. 
    Why Electro? He wasn't a member of the Six. If this is a Sinister Six member it should be Rhino.

For the record the Six are:
    Doc Ock
    Green Goblin
    Mysterio
    Rhino
    Vulture
    Kraven the Hunter

They all are here already except for Rhino, so it makes sense its gonna be him.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellow is absolutely an anti IHulk   One issue is there are not a ton of really strong active yellow abilities.  Maybe pair with Storm to also reduce the amount of TU tiles.  Now if this strike tile is massive at level 5 it might be more interesting.

Black will 100% be based on numbers.  Good cost in 8AP, but could be difficult with needing few TU on the board.  The passive looks like it is only for this character giving it less value unless it is Villans or Heroes compared to a more specific team.

green will also be determined by the numbers.  It feels like wolfsbane purple.  The question will be does the column destruction mean a big reduction in damage.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not Phoenix Five White Queen?

the green power has 3 CDs on different columns. That could be the Cuckoos. 

The black takes less damage for each x-men or Phoenix 5 character on the team. 

And the yellow is the “psychic feedback” passive that every telepath seems to have. 
  • TheRiddler
    Why not Phoenix Five White Queen?

the green power has 3 CDs on different columns. That could be the Cuckoos. 

The black takes less damage for each x-men or Phoenix 5 character on the team. 

And the yellow is the “psychic feedback” passive that every telepath seems to have. 

I have one good reason to think that it wouldn't be Emma.
    Colossus and Cyclops both have Heroes, X-Men and Mutant team affiliations. This character only has two which are Villains and Unknown Team Affiliation.
    It seems odd that Phoenix 5 Colossus and Cyclops would be labeled as Heroes and Emma as a Villain. Also that they would be X-Men and Mutants and her just have one other classification.
  • TheRiddler
    Venomous said:
    Many are unsure but I am certain this is Electro. He would finally complete the 5 star Sinister Six trio, he makes countdown tiles for Green Goblin to protect, and the colors are befitting for him. Honestly, if the numbers are good enough he could make a Sinister Six team become somewhat popular. Put him with Doc Ock or Green Goblin and it'll be very difficult to kill him. It's uncertain how much damage negation it is too. 

The problem though is I don't think either Sinister Six character is very good and we don't have any very powerful 4 stars either. Even if the numbers for him are good, the question is whether he has a Sinister Six member to partner with. 
    Why Electro? He wasn't a member of the Six. If this is a Sinister Six member it should be Rhino.

Doc Ock
    Green Goblin
    Mysterio
    Rhino
    Vulture
    Kraven the Hunter

Electro was one of the original members of the Sinister Six.

• HoundofShadow
    I think the AoE reduction at 450 won't be significant against high level iHulkoye. I reckon it to be between 6200 to 9600 AoE reduction. You have to figure out what to do with those 10 yellow aps on turn 2. For those with a champed Mehneto, you are in luck.You can stop iHulk on your next turn by placing 4 protect tiles on green tile. With 30 Yellow ap, you can deal 67672 damage after 3 turns of airborne.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well by my count, Emma has been a villain about 3x as long than as a hero so I have no problem with her being labeled as such. 

• Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Venomous said:

Doc Ock
    Green Goblin
    Mysterio
    Rhino
    Vulture
    Kraven the Hunter

Electro was one of the original members of the Sinister Six.

Bah, silly me, there were multiple incarnations of the Six. Neither Venom nor GG were part of the original Six and yet they are into the affiliation. 

Then this could be any member of any incarnation of the Six that's not already present in this game. Could be Hobgoblin (part of the second Six team). Could be Electro, Shocker... basically any major Spiderman villain who isn't already present.

How about other villainous affiliations? Like the Dark Avengers? Could this be Iron Patriot (major Dark Avengers member not already present).
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Iron Patriot is already in the game,  but unfortunately he is exclusive to the PlayStation version.
  • TheRiddler
    Also if this were to be a Dark Avengers character then that would hurt that passive as the only Dark Avenger in the game that isn't a 1-3* is Green Goblin.
    If this character wasn't Electro and instead a Mutant or X-Men affiliation then that power has more legs.
    If this character is a mutant then that could make for an interesting pairing for Apocalypse as they would make him immune to stun and also passively generate yellow against certain teams.
  • TheRiddler
    I guess it could be a Brotherhood of Evil Mutant, but if so, he’d be the first from that team, which is pretty whack unless some more are coming quickly. I’m not feeling like this is Omega Red based on those powers and colors. 

I will never forget that Karolina Dean creates an additional protect tile for every member of the Runaw..... Nico on the team.