**** Mantis (Guardians of the Galaxy) ****

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I will try out OMD and 5Hawkeye with her. 
    Each cd gives you 3 blue and 2 red ap. Let OMD destroys 4 enemy special tiles and create 8 blue strike tiles. As long as you have at least 4  cds  on the board, and Polaris is multiplying tiles, you will be firing his red power every turn. This is just a fun team I thought of.

Daken replaces enemy special tiles, not destroys. 
    I like this when facing enemy BRB for example. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted to like Adam Warlock, but he's just 5* Sentry to me - everything he does is a fast track to killing himself, so the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
    Adam Warlock really needs someone with a cheap Black to fire off the ap. I like his Yellow and Purple, but when I use AW I actively try to avoid black matches if I can possibly help it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for updating. OMD's red power was bugged previously, which caused it to destroy tiles instead. Now, it's working the way it should be.

I think Rescue could substitute him. Use her blue to turn the board into a sea of red. I could try out this team in Shield Sim against BRB/Kitty/Polaris.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wanted to like Adam Warlock, but he's just 5* Sentry to me - everything he does is a fast track to killing himself, so the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

I am not going to pretend I have him figured out either but I would like to add to my 5* champions so once I get the iso I am going to see what he does at 450.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2021
    Since his strongest colour is yellow, you can pair him up with Valkyrie. That ensures that he's in tip top condition.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

I am not going to pretend I have him figured out either but I would like to add to my 5* champions so once I get the iso I am going to see what he does at 450.

Adam is really fun. I run him as a duo with Killmonger for even more match damage in the current enemies' strongest colour.  

So he is pretty effective against okoye, kitty, apoc and some others. I always have him at 5 yellow and you can switch around having 5 black or 5 pink depending on your other members.

Sad thing now is that Colossus probably outclasses his match damage. So he got powercrept within 12 months of release
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Srheer0 said:

Sad thing now is that Colossus probably outclasses his match damage. So he got powercrept within 12 months of release
    12 months? 12 weeks you mean. That’s the interval between Adam’s and Colossus’ releases.

Anyway...Mantis eh? Absolutely stunning.
  • HoundofShadow
    It's only 13% difference and they have different abilities. Adam Warlock can true heal, trap tile damage and deal passive aoe, whereas Colossus reduces match damage, has one good active and one decent support ability.  

I think they cater to different audience. Characters who can true heal typically have some inherent disadvantages. I think AW's abilities are more fun than Colossus. I'm biased towards trap tiles somewhat, so I might be blinded.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Should have used this cover instead  

Better than the edited Kang cover

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:

12 months? 12 weeks you mean. That’s the interval between Adam’s and Colossus’ releases.

Anyway...Mantis eh? Absolutely stunning.
    Oh lol. I didn't check the actual release dates. Time certainly flies when you are having fun  ^^. I just know I blew a big hoard for Adam and Magn5to and thought it took me a while to build it back up to get colossus and wanda covered.

Mantis is indeed stunning 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2021
    The yellow power animation and sound effect...  :D

It has been confirmed it's 1 purple cd tile per special tile matched or destroyed. The restriction is the number of purple tiles on the board. All in all, she works fine. If only the cd is not placed on a purple tile... On the flip side, it helps G4mora to activate her instant kill more easily. 

I think Drax and Mantis is a good team for G4mora if you are going for instant kill
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    And I’ve confirmed that she won’t automatically stun an enemy that isn’t stunned. I had 2 enemies stunned and 1 active, then another purple countdown went off and one of the stunned enemies took the damage instead of stunning the active enemy.  
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    She’s way more fun to use than I thought she would be.
    I love how her face pops up on the board.  Very cool character.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellow animation is so funny.
    Her face poppin is a good way to identify her cds. New feature in the future? It would be great another feature wich could identify cds of any character, and more important even the traps.
    Her passive works on cds too as morbius. Great for pve too.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2021
    Big thumbs up to the art team, the animations are great and so is the artwork.  Overall she seems like a fun character to play with.
    It's also refreshing to get more Guardians of the Galaxy added to the game!
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty good. I had the entire team stunned after a couple turns.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2021
    As a burgeoning 4* player I look forward to testing out who she pairs well with. I've read all of your comments and insights, so thank you for those. i do appreciate all of your thoughts on her.

I do like how her face pops up on her cd tiles. When there are multiple cd tiles on the board, I often have to click on them to see whose it is and if I should attempt to match it or not (Medusa, 4*DP and 3*Falcon come to mind as being ones that I don't want to match,) I would like to see that effect happen for other characters as well, so put me down for a vote of wanting that to become a staple in the game in future updates. Her yellow animation is funny, so good choice for artwork on that one. 

Overall I look forward to having some fun figuring out where she fits in the roster.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't wait for her Simulator node with Carnage.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Kwahder said:
    Chatter from elsewhere says that she feeds Adam Warlock.
    Makes me even more excited for the character.