***** Knull (King In Black) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    His HP is crazy. When he's boosted, he'll have 200k hp for a champed one. He's going to be skipped a lot. 

He needs someone who can spam friendly special tiles quickly to be a scarecrow: Apocalypse, BRB, Carbage, OMD etc.

In Simulator, Knull/Kitty/R4G should be
    good. I don't think team dependent on 50% Thor will come near you. Hawkeye and Coulson could be fun.

His purple CD will be irritating because all forms of damage, up to 33%, will be reflected back to his teammate. I wonder if it means you will take 33% lesser damage as well. For example, if targeted enemy deals 10,000 damage, do you take 6700 damage or 10,000 damage?

Anyway, he's a 3/5/5 for me.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I'll hold my opinion until I get to play with him, but I'm pretty sure he's another lemon.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    His black doesn't gain ap because it's stated so and he destroys either 1 or 4 (at 5 cover) green basic tile. His conversion of tiles is the same at 3 tiles from 3 to 5 cover. His black active power is probably the worst power of all time. :D
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    His black doesn't gain ap because it's stated so and he destroys either 1 or 4 (at 5 cover) green basic tile. His conversion of tiles is the same at 3 tiles from 3 to 5 cover. His black active power is probably the worst power of all time. :D
    Oh dear I totally missed that. I'm going to use the usual excuse that I haven't had my morning coffee yet. Ehh now it's only good for Knull ignoring enemy protects.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time for some fun with numbers Apocalypse style.  I will be using my Apocalypse numbers at level 487 for reference.

first I am going to run Knull 3,5,5 for max damage.  First let’s add 4 strike tiles of 322 for a boost of damage 1288.

my Apocalypse yellow will boost damage of 11688.  His red does 4 hits of 5455 and his black does 4 hits of 12664.

now when Knull’s CD expires 15082 damage.  If Knull has fired a purple power that would give an additional 4977 to a random enemy.

with 4 strike tiles he will then do 1379+11688 for a total of 13067+4312 to a random enemy.

Apoc red will do 4X 17143 plus 1288 each hit for strike tiles 4X6082 plus 1288 for 7370.  if it hits the chosen random enemy total damage 103204.

Apoc Black destroy 4 protect tiles does 4X 25640 with strikes.  If it hits the chosen enemy 33% 8461 plus 1288 total 9749.  Potential total damage 141,566.

I think Knull will pair very nicely with Apocalypse.  I don’t think his purple active will get fired often for 9 AP and the passive will do the most damage.

I think facing IHulk run him 5,5,3 against non IHulk 3,5,5
  • HoundofShadow
    You misread his purple power. It says,

"While one of these tiles is on the board, targeted enemy deals 33% of their damage to another random enemy."

As long as that targeted deals damage to you, regardless of how they do it, 33% will be gifted to one of their random allies.

I'm confused if this means

1) we get a reduction of 33% damage from that enemy, which makes his damage 33% to their allies and 67% to us

2) we take 100% damage and their ally take 33% damage, which makes it 100% / 33%.

I think the first one is more logical. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a feeling it may be the latter.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    It really could be either way lol
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2021
    I misread his black active power but it doesn't change the fact he will still be a 3/5/5.  :D

I think the first one is better for players, but 9 ap cost can be mitigated with Hawkeye's passive ap gains. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    You misread his purple power. It says,

"While one of these tiles is on the board, targeted enemy deals 33% of their damage to another random enemy."

As long as that targeted deals damage to you, regardless of how they do it, 33% will be gifted to one of their random allies.

I'm confused if this means

1) we get a reduction of 33% damage from that enemy, which makes his damage 33% to their allies and 67% to us

2) we take 100% damage and their ally take 33% damage, which makes it 100% / 33%.

I think the first one is more logical. 
    damage dealt by the chosen enemy is also dealt to another random enemy.

The "also" in the power description implies to me that it's the second of your two choices.

• HoundofShadow
    I think we'll have to wait until he's in Heroic Store. In the meantime, who are your pick-2 or pick-3 with him, or he's totally out?
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Well this is a clear 355.
    Seems Wanda can remain useful against him as she is with iHulk. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems strangely iHulk specific with that black power which doesn't really do a lot otherwise (I guess you get some purple tiles). Do Knull and Hulk have some history? It would make sense if so, otherwise it is a bit random that he so specificly counters somebody he might not have been an enemy of?
    That health pool is a bit scary if that is the sign of things to come. I guess it is just as well friendly Protects don't work on him.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I like Knull. He should pair well with C5rnage seeing as they passively make matches and special tiles each.

He's missing a red, blue, yellow and green active power. So logically those would be his allies.

With regards to his countdowns, the only way to fortify these in 5stars is to use either green goblin or cable. So potentially cable could work with him despite the green overlap and him not being affected by friendly protect tiles,
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    How many more Sighclops features y’all think we can look forward to before the rotation? 2 or 3?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, he seems OP and all, but... 
    a Black Cat PVP ? 😕

King in Black - Black Cat...no, you are right it makes no sense why of all the characters you could have they chose her. Spider-man Back in Black is crying salty tears.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't wait to see him in action.  My first thought is that Apoc would be great with him in a pick 2.  In a pick 3, the choices seem extremely varied.  Apoc/Okoye?  BRB/Polaris?  Carbage/Polaris?  Carbage/BRB?  Can't wait to take him for a spin.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Knull coming out with these 90-hr AAA digital paints right after Rambeau and her art really hangs a hat on the up and down art bar we seem to have in the game. I’ll be really curious to see his animations.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Knull coming out with these 90-hr AAA digital paints right after Rambeau and her art really hangs a hat on the up and down art bar we seem to have in the game. I’ll be really curious to see his animations.
    It does lend credence to the theory that they’re getting interns or external people to work on the lesser characters, while their own in-house art team works on the best/better characters.
  • HoundofShadow
    Knull Space - 7  Black AP
    This ability is targeted at iHulk and BRB. He can destroy 3 green basic tiles on players' turn 2 with boosts and it deals 0 damage. However, it doesn't mean that green basic tiles won't fall from the top. So, it's RNG-ish. You can stop iHulk's AoE with this power for maybe 1 or 2 turns. So, the active power is not really useful.
    Summon Dragons - Green  PASSIVE
    Weaknesses of this power are:
    1) 4/5 turns to deal AoE
    2) Low damage. Total damage is (322*3) + 2106 = 3072
    3) Not fortified; thus, prone to getting matched or destroyed, which means you have to restart the 4-turn cycle again. 
    4) Can be targeted by Kitty's Circuit Breaker
    During the first 4 turn, one can either pump up the damage with more strike tiles from other allies, or use someone like Okoye or Apocalypse to increase the strength of his AoE. Or you need to pair him with someone who can fortify his CD or reduce the timer of his CD.
    Amortal Coil - 9  Purple AP
    It will take about 5 turns on average to chase 9 purple ap. By then, enemy will have enough aps to fire their powers. But why would you want to allow enemy to fire their power? The good thing is, targeted enemy's allies will eat 33% of the targeted's match damage for up to 5 turns. This power is probably more useful against the likes of iHulk, Apocalypse or Wanda. However, would it be too late by then to fire this power?
    He has 5 powers. Unfortunately, only 1 is somewhat useful, 2 are situational, and the 2 other powers are close to useless. However, he seems to be a good scarecrow against IHulk, Brolaris, and 50% Thor dependent team.  For players who player defensively, they might like him. Carbage could be a good fit for him and Iceman can be a interesting combo because he could stun opponents and reduce damage taken for his team, while spamming friendly special tiles for him to trigger his purple passive.