**** Beast (Age of Apocalypse) ****

Comments

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Also I’m trademarking BRBeast for future meta. 😜
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the extra AP and how he creates a ton more special tiles to feed certain other meta characters already mentioned here.
    But are those numbers really right on Green damage (1K at L270) and only strength 9 attack tiles? Those seem like the L70 numbers at 5 covers.
    KGB
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn the numbers. Hes one hell of an AP generator. Notice, it says match with “friendly special tiles”. It doesn’t even have to be a shield/attack/strike tile. CDs and repeaters count too, and most of those are attached to one color. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    This is both pro- and anti-Polaris. Polaris match-ups just got more interesting. I'm gonna have to switch out my Polaris/Carbage/Medusa team for a Polaris/Carbage/Beast team now. I'll see how it plays out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, this character doesn't have the X-Men affiliation, that's interesting. I take back that Magneto Synergy speculation earlier. He does seem to be an AP machine though - i could see him working well with Chavez and Carbage.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pff another extremely strong 4, his blue is better than 5 cyclops and 5 magneto combined. His black, a passive, better than cyclops active yellow....

Devs know how to create strong chars, so it is obvious they just decide to create this awful 5s on purpose! This is making me seriously mad...
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems the interest toward carnage5 has risen. At last!
    Then it would be interesting to champ scorpion his feeder.
    That makes me wonder when they will be anouncing all the feeders, being throg BRB red guardian yelena and who knows how many others.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    It seems the interest toward carnage5 has risen. At last!

Carbage is great lol; I love using him with Profe$$or X and Onslaught to maximize match-N potential.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Can we get the guy who's designing 4s to do the 5s too?
    Lol yes please, their 5s guy needs a permanent vacation. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    What’s really interesting there is he has VERY good chances of feeding Apocalypse.
    How do you figure there's a "VERY good chance"?

Wouldn't he have JUST as much chance to feed Magneto?

I worry making statements like this, because we'll all be sad if it doesn't happen.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    What’s really interesting there is he has VERY good chances of feeding Apocalypse.

I worry making statements like this, because we'll all be sad if it doesn't happen.

I think it's the fact his name is "Beast (Age of Apocalypse)" is why there is huge speculation he will feed Apoc.
    Also no one was calling for another Beast variant so the fact he's coming out of nowhere with a name reference to Apoc who is hard to get a natural feeder for is why everyone is excited about him as a feeder.
    KGB
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:

Yeah I'm also a "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" kinda guy, but a big reason why I believe he'll be feed Apocalypse is because this Beast is a villain, whereas AoA Mags is a hero.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    Omegased said:

I think it's the fact his name is "Beast (Age of Apocalypse)" is why there is huge speculation he will feed Apoc.
    Also no one was calling for another Beast variant so the fact he's coming out of nowhere with a name reference to Apoc who is hard to get a natural feeder for is why everyone is excited about him as a feeder.
    KGB
    5* Mags is "Magneto (Age of Apocalypse)"
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    For his blue passive, it says:
     "PASSIVE) If a friendly match includes a friendly special tile, gain 1 additional AP. (Max level strength 9 tile)"

If you match more than one special, do you get AP for each?

And why the max level part at the end?  Typo?
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Fight for Wakanda
    • February 28, 2021, 07:00 – March 5, 2021, 02:00
    • Beast (Age of Apocalypse) Shards in Progression rewards
    Does this mean that there isn't going to be a Beast (Age of Apocalypse) cover in progression rewards this time around or are these shards as well as the cover.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Rhipf said:
    Fight for Wakanda
    • February 28, 2021, 07:00 – March 5, 2021, 02:00
    • Beast (Age of Apocalypse) Shards in Progression rewards
    Does this mean that there isn't going to be a Beast (Age of Apocalypse) cover in progression rewards this time around or are these shards as well as the cover.
    I assume it's the usual covers and shards reward structure.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Uhh....wasn't the teaser for this "code red" ?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it was ends justify the means.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I think "Code Red" was the Sighclops vault.