Why Thorkoye and other Noob questions about Okoye

Options

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Off-topic but if you have Beta Ray then his winfinite is much faster for CN I think, either with 4* Thanos or 1* Juggs (my favourite). It won’t win you prizes for speed but it will get you through much more quickly than HE.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rod5 said:
    Off-topic but if you have Beta Ray then his winfinite is much faster for CN I think, either with 4* Thanos or 1* Juggs (my favourite). It won’t win you prizes for speed but it will get you through much more quickly than HE.
    Oh, I do, and I use him... but he's not champed.  I only get 3 protects to start, and he has 9 covers total.  So sometimes, I just dont have enough protects in matchable spots to make it work.  Plus, sometimes the Challenge Node is 5* Carnage -- aka Mr Double Turns due to SAP tiles.  Hawkeye/Coulson/Gamora stops that cold, without the threat of his double turns (given you use enough Blue AP boosts).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    i still have Wong on Hawkeye... it helps for those challenge nodes, when the winfinite doesnt work.
    When does winfinite not work?
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    helix72 said:
    PiMacleod said:
    i still have Wong on Hawkeye... it helps for those challenge nodes, when the winfinite doesnt work.
    The post above yours, I stated (basically) "against 5* Carnage teams.  I find that opponents of such high levels getting DOUBLE turns can really wreck you.  Of course, I do NOT have a champed BRB (as stated earlier), so perhaps part of my issue is just not having the defense to take it on, either.

Otherwise, it usually works.  The Simulator Challenge Nodes can ALSO provide a giant problem with that Mister Sinister fight, but again, this may be due to my lack of a champed BRB.

But, he works well enough to win most other things when needed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    helix72 said:
    PiMacleod said:
    The post above yours, I stated (basically) "against 5* Carnage teams.  I find that opponents of such high levels getting DOUBLE turns can really wreck you.  Of course, I do NOT have a champed BRB (as stated earlier), so perhaps part of my issue is just not having the defense to take it on, either.

Otherwise, it usually works.  The Simulator Challenge Nodes can ALSO provide a giant problem with that Mister Sinister fight, but again, this may be due to my lack of a champed BRB.

But, he works well enough to win most other things when needed.
    Carbage stops the winfinite for me every time - if he removes any of the 4* components early you're done.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Carbage is atrocious for Winfinite.  One thing that can help, if you have it on Rank 3, is to put Yaro Root support on 4*Thanos.  67% chance of starting the battle with 5 Green.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Atlantis is strong too, and with Juggs he only needs 6AP to destroy 16 tiles so with both you can often fire from the get-go.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow... doing the Challenge Node at SCL 10 with a 1 star... gotta try that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carbage is atrocious for Winfinite.  One thing that can help, if you have it on Rank 3, is to put Yaro Root support on 4*Thanos.  67% chance of starting the battle with 5 Green.
    I was saying using that winfinite against carbage. He doesn't work as part of the winfinite.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    I like the whole "value of retreating" deal.  That IS advice, and a hard pill that some people don't want to swallow sometimes... gamer pride can be fickle thing.  ;)

That said, I have the CC on BRB... but I don't have a Yaro Root at rank 3, or Atlantis at Rank 3 either.  Instead, I run Vibranium Ore rank 4 on Polaris (reduced damage taken, & generate protects on match 4+s), and rank 3 Cull Obsidian, for the chance at a protect tile each turn.

Perhaps this illuminates why I still use Hawk5ye/G4mora/Coulson regularly... and also Kitty/Fury/Valk.  All 3 teams work wonders, depending on the opposition.
  • Jacklag
    Options
    helix72 said:

(SoB = Start of Battle)

Oh, thank God.
  • Jacklag
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

I run Vibranium Ore rank 4 on Polaris (reduced damage taken, & generate protects on match 4+s), and rank 3 Cull Obsidian, for the chance at a protect tile each turn.

Me too! But I don't have Carol's Communicator either. So I put Lucky the Pizza Dog on BRB for the chance of heal when matching tiles.
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've got another noob question, you could help me with.
    Does Okoye's bonus damage from her black power affect her own red?
    Should I rather upgrade Thor's red or Okoye's red power? (both are currently on 0)
    Thanks for your help! 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Nibby said:
    Should I rather upgrade Thor's red or Okoye's red power? (both are currently on 0)
    Thanks for your help! 
    Yes, her black boosts her own red and also her aoe damage if you have her support, but thor's red is better since it it's cheaper and punches through protect tiles.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nibby said:
    Thanks for your help! 
    Yes, her black boosts her own red and also her aoe damage if you have her support, but thor's red is better since it it's cheaper and punches through protect tiles.
    Okoye's red also has targeted row destruction, which should not be underestimated as a very useful tool to get rid of annoying enemy special tiles you can't match away. Sure, against a BRB team (or something else spamming a lot of protects) Thor's red will be more useful, but I find myself using Okoye's red a lot more.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Atlantis does something similar as well.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    Wow... doing the Challenge Node at SCL 10 with a 1 star... gotta try that.

I've been running that team in SCL 10 for awhile as well. Even when my BRB was only at like 360 was able to get progression. Now that he is champed its just that much easier/quicker.
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okoye isn't necessary in pve10.
    Neither is hulk. 
    If you have kitty's pink in 5 colours and a well covered polaris it's definitely possible to get a decent score and finish all nodes
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    helix72 said:

(SoB = Start of Battle)

Oh, thank God.
    I've called Carbage a "Start of Battle" more times than I can remember.  :)