Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks to Milestone rewards I finally champed BRB! Too bad I was both tired and excited and didn't realize I already had enough to champ him. Brought him to 454 meanwhile iHulk is still at 5 covers.

Oh well, its a nice problem to have!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Seeing the coming release of an Elsa Bloodstone movie , thanks to MPQ I had no idea who she even was 3 months ago 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Pulled LL once Magneto rotated in so I could finish Heimdall and maybe Deadpool.  Got what I needed with 10/45 pulls, and saw that the milestone rewards for "Collect X powers for 5* heroes" gave me enough shards for another level on my targeted 5* champ.  I've decided to keep covering LL even when they seem a bit underwhelming, and this is a good sweetener for me to keep pulling every rotation.
  • crakker
    crakker Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Got the 4* in Spicy vault on first draw which allowed me to champ War Machine and one step closer to another 100 5* shards
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    This was a few days ago but I finally champed BRB with the milestone rewards. I also added quite a few other 5* covers. I champed 5SL and got rescue, Hela and BW to the point where they can be champed with feeder rewards. Now I just need feeders for some of the newer 5*s and I should have a path to champing everyone (with the exception of wa5p and KP but i'm not terribly worried about them). 

Also, I am almost post-ISO. Once I've pumped 45k more iso into ihulk it will only be my 2* farm that needs iso and I don't bother champing then until they're at 13+50 covers when I flip the old one out and that process is almost iso-neutral anyway. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    AXP_isme said:
    This was a few days ago but I finally champed BRB with the milestone rewards. I also added quite a few other 5* covers. I champed 5SL and got rescue, Hela and BW to the point where they can be champed with feeder rewards. Now I just need feeders for some of the newer 5*s and I should have a path to champing everyone (with the exception of wa5p and KP but i'm not terribly worried about them). 

Also, I am almost post-ISO. Once I've pumped 45k more iso into ihulk it will only be my 2* farm that needs iso and I don't bother champing then until they're at 13+50 covers when I flip the old one out and that process is almost iso-neutral anyway. 

Flipping 2* is ISO positive - you earn ~7700 in the process.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat Spider Ham in the crash and got a Heimdall saved cover for it and one of the taco tokens was 250 hp. Not bad.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    In an Evergreen match, I was using iHulk, Havok and Thanos against 5Thor, Thanos and Archangel.  My hulk had enough red to Break some Bones, but it was going to kill him off.  I used it to down the enemy Archangel, and was very happy that my Thanos got priority on Court Death.  They got stunned, and a couple of turns later Thanos's Come and Get Me tiles went off and took out both Thanos and Thor at the same time.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2020
    Mine is also from Evergreen. Some days ago I posted about my 4* Wolvie/Polaris exploration. I actually don't normally run Polaris in pvp, but I took the opportunity to do it here so I could abuse the Wolvie synergy. 
    Now, Evergreen basially fed Wolvie green. So his green became sorta spamable and cheap which turned them from "cool synergy, dangerous once it gets started" to being hit by a fright train. Any firing of Wolvie's green just either killed a character off due to making Polaris loop over and over, or outright demolished everything that remained of the enemy team. 
    I feel vindicated in just having champed 4* Wolvie. He done good here.
    EDIT: Eeked out a top25 finish for it in SCL 10. Yay!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Finished top 10 for the first time in a cl10 pvp. I would like to thank Hulkoye, I couldn't have done this without you. Dammit I promised myself I wasn't going to cry.
    Congrats! What flip did you play and how many hops did you do?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It got to be slice 2 or slice 5. You don't need to hop in these 2 slices for top 10. If it's not, he must be lucky to get into a new "room" in those three other slices (I forgot what's the term used around here). The only thing you need to be prepared is an onslaught of attack if you climb at the wrong timing.
  • shardwick
    helix72 said:
    shardwick said:
    Finished top 10 for the first time in a cl10 pvp. I would like to thank Hulkoye, I couldn't have done this without you. Dammit I promised myself I wasn't going to cry.
    Congrats! What flip did you play and how many hops did you do?
    I prejoined in slice 5 and only did one hop.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    First Latest Legend token I opened after starting Strange Days got me my first AoA Magneto cover. Perfect timing!
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Opened my mini-hoard of circa 60 LT's today because I needed Magneto for the 5-star essential. I pulled 7 five-stars (11,6 %) which is a bit disappointing but I now have a champed Deadpool and a champable Heimdall. With some bonus shards I also got my Magneto to 1/2/1 which seems okay to me for the coming events he is featured in. With Heimdall and Deadpool following Apocalypse, Onslaught,Killmonger and Samurai Daken I have now champed six five-stars in a row while they are in latest. I would have never imagined a year ago that this could be possible. I am definitely skipping Magneto now and hope that I will be able to champ the following six beginning with Adam Warlock who I a have already a cover from the 1:250 chance token. 
  • shardwick
    I had a dream last night that I was playing MPQ and I went to the shard store and Apoc was there. When I woke up I was kinda excited so I logged in and yup, SamDak was in the shard store yet again and not Apoc. Figures. So then I looked at the Spicy taco vault and Rogue was in there, only need one cover to get another 5* Gambit cover which would give me more 5* milestone shards. I have like 100 spicy tokens but I got her cover on my fifth pull so that put both Gambit and Apoc at nine covers. Also champed Spider Ham so all of the limited characters are now champed.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Champed my 3rd 5* ( Heimdall) and second in a row , I’m finally getting the hang of how all the other players did it. I also didn’t get to CL10 until July and that makes an enormous difference in champing new characters. I see a lot more players in CL10 than 6 months ago. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    have a ddq quest race.....failed to be t1...

but glad that @OJSP got it ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having a good time over this holiday period, finished my Apocalypse and am 57 shards away from finishing Prof X meaning I can transition with 6 champed 5*. Also finished up Red Guardian and Spider-Ham and need just one more cover for Elsa. So that will only leave Scorpion, Worthy Cap (sold and re-rostered) and the upcoming Throgg as non champed/fully covered 4*.