Release Notes 4.6 *UPDATE 12/10/20

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

New Content

• New Feature - Quest Journal/Daily Quest

Introducing the Quest Journal

The most awaited feature is here! We present you with the Quest Journal, a new way of playing Magic: Puzzle Quest.

The game will receive the Quest System, a new system with daily quests to be completed that will provide a new, never-ending source of XP and will nudge players towards varying their play-style.

We have different Journals, with different themes and a lot of quests in it. We aimed at each type of player using all kinds of quests. 

From “Craft a booster pack.” to ”Win X fights without casting supports.”, you can have an active Journal at any time, containing predefined quests. As the player completes quests he receives an XP reward. In addition to this reward, players will receive higher rewards for completing 3 and/or 5 quests and even greater rewards for completing an entire Journal. Every player has 3 quest slots available at the same time.

The Guiding Journal: This is a Journal that is available to New Players only. It works a little in its own way. You will finish this Journal once you complete all of its quests. You will receive new quests automatically whenever you complete a quest, without timers. The Guiding Journal will not allow you to reroll quests.

Welcome Journal: For the other Journals, whenever you complete a quest that slot will be empty and a timer will appear until the next day at 15:00 UTC (or GMT +0). Every day at this time, players will receive 01 (one) new daily quest and you better have an empty slot for it, or else you will receive a new quest only on the day after.

If you are not satisfied with the quest you received, you can reroll it and receive another one. But the only free reroll you have is the first one from the active Journal, the next reroll will be charged in Mana Crystal as follows:

The Journal scheduling can be done weekly or monthly, depending on other schedule aspects of the game such as events, boosters, etc. Players will have quests to complete the whole time while there’s a Journal activated. Note that, each Journal has a specific amount of quests so if you complete all of them before the end of the “Journal timer”, you will receive repeated quests. Also, if you get all the main rewards from that Journal, reaching the end of it, and continue to play it, you’re going to start receiving the last reward continuously.

(There's also a “how-to” guide in our FAQ)

• Holiday Card 2020 - Exclusive Holiday Card

New Planeswalker

Ashiok, Sculptor of Fears

“Able to manipulate the thin veil between dreams and reality, Ashiok is a dangerous and mysterious being. The nightmare mage sculpts to life the darkest subconscious thoughts ever dreamed.”
Max Level Stats

Lesser Night Terror

(Blue/Black) Support Card - Enchantment Emblem (2) Token
"When a creature card enters into your opponent’s graveyard from their library: Your opponent loses 2 life."

Night Terror
(Blue/Black) Support Card - Enchantment Emblem (3) Token
"When a creature card enters into any player’s graveyard from their library: Your opponent loses 2 life."

Changes

Card Changes

• The following cards received a subtype:

• Part the Waterveil - Enchantment 
    • Hixus Prison Warden - Enchantment Human Soldier
  • ORIGINS card Eyeblight Assassin had its base cost reduced from 10 to 8.

• ORIGINS card Dark Dabbling had its cost base reduced from 11 to 7.

• ORIGINS card Patron of the Valiant had its cost base reduced from 14 to 12.

• ORIGINS card Iroas's Champion had its cost base reduced from 19 to 18.

• ORIGINS card Gilt-Leaf Winnower had its cost base reduced from 16 to 12.

• ORIGINS card Consecrated by Blood had its cost base reduced from 15 to 13.

• ORIGINS card Blood-Cursed Knight had its cost base reduced from 17 to 14.

• ORIGINS card Angel's Tomb had its cost base reduced from 12 to 10.

• ORIGINS card Pia and Kiran Nalaar had its cost base reduced from 17 to 16.

• ORIGINS card Embermaw Hellion had its cost base reduced from 16 to 15.

• ORIGINS card Pyromancer's Goggles had its cost base reduced from 25 to 21.

• ORIGINS card Yeva's Forcemage had its cost base reduced from 10 to 8.

• ORIGINS card Mage-Ring Network had its cost base reduced from 14 to 12.

• ORIGINS card Citadel Castellan had its cost base reduced from 16 to 13.

• ORIGINS card War Horn had its cost base reduced from 14 to 9.

• ORIGINS card Pharika's Disciple had its cost base reduced from 12 to 11.

• ORIGINS card Helm of the Gods had its conditioned trigger changed. From:

"If you control 3 or more Support, target creature gains +3/+3 and First Strike"

TO

"If you control 2 or more Support, target creature gains +3/+3 and First Strike"

• ORIGINS card Vastwood Gorger’s new status is: Mana cost 12, P/T 4/4, and Defender plus Trample.

• ORIGINS card Hitchclaw Recluse’s new status is: Mana cost and Reach.

• ORIGINS card Valeron Wardens had its toughness raised from 1/1 to 1/2.

• ORIGINS card Llanowar Empath will now have Defender.

Other Changes

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1: Adjusted and decreased AI Difficulty in Encounters 1, 4 and 8.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 8 (opponent): Liliana, Heretical Healer’s mana bonus, and first ability cost were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 1 (opponent): Some cards from Heavy Infantry’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 2 (opponent): Some cards from Anointer of Champions’ deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 3 (opponent): Some cards from Kytheon’s Irregulars’ deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 4 (opponent): Some cards from Kytheon, Hero of Akros’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 5 (opponent): Some cards from Returned Centaur’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 6 (opponent): Some cards from Revenant’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 7 (opponent): Some cards from Kothophed, Soul Hoarder’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 8 (opponent): Some cards from Liliana, Heretical Healer’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 9 (opponent): Some cards from Boggart Brute’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 10 (opponent): Some cards from Enthralling Victor’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 11 (opponent): Some cards from Abbot of Keral Keep’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 12 (opponent): Some cards from Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 13 (opponent): Some cards from Separatist Voidmage’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 14 (opponent): Some cards from Jhessian Thief’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 15 (opponent): Some cards from Mizzium Meddler’s deck were changed.

• Story Mode, Origins Chapter 1 - Encounter 16 (opponent): Some cards from Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy’s deck were changed.

• Nissa, Sage Animist's custom deck will be changed. From:

Elvish Visionary

Hitchclaw Recluse

Leaf Gilder

Llanowar Empath

Orchard Spirit

Pharika’s Disciple

Caustic Caterpillar

Wild Instincts

Nissa’s Pilgrimage

Veteran’s Sidearm

TO

Elvish Visionary

Hitchclaw Recluse

Leaf Gilder

Llanowar Empath

Timberpack Wolf

Pharika’s Disciple

Somberwald Alpha

Titanic Growth

Nissa’s Pilgrimage

War Horn

• Nissa, Sage Animist's beginner deck will be changed. From:

Citadel Castellan

Dwynen’s Elite

Elvish Visionary

Guardian Automaton

Hitchclaw Recluse

Valeron Wardens

Vastwood Gorger

Reclaim

Mage-Ring Network

Nissa’s Pilgrimage

TO

Citadel Castellan

Conclave Naturalists

Elvish Visionary

Yeva's Forcemage

Hitchclaw Recluse

Valeron Wardens

Vastwood Gorger

Reclaim

Meteorite

Nissa’s Pilgrimage

Event Changes

• Daxos vs Kalemne: The deck restriction now includes M21 and excludes M20. From: 

ORI, M20, THB, DVK

TO

ORI, THB, DVK, M21

• Welcome Deck - Daxos/Kalemne: We changed some cards and you can check the final result below:

• Daxos the Returned:

Altar of the Pantheon

Deadbridge Shaman

Evolving Wilds

Fleshbag Marauder

Fruit of Tizerus

Grasp of Darkness

Murder Investigation

Nantuko Husk

Rise Again

Silent Dart

• Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas:

Alchemist's Vial

Bronze Sword

Evolving Wilds

Feat of Resistance

Hero of the Winds

Heroes of the Revel

Murder Investigation

Patron of the Valiant

Radiant Fountain

Stalwart Aven

• Daxos vs Kalemne: Both PVE AI’s deck changed to match the new deck restriction:

• Daxos the Returned:

Extinguish All Hope

Ghostblade Eidolon

Inevitable End

Staggering Insight

Celestial Ancient (DVK)

Underworld Coinsmith (DVK)

Celestial Archon (DVK)

Silence the Believers (DVK)

Pharika’s Libation (THB)

Shadowspear (THB)

• Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas:

Shatter the Sky

Stinkdrinker Daredevil

The Birth of Meletis

Kalemne’s Captain

Hamletback Goliath

Transmogrify (M21)

Furious Rise (THB)

Hundred-Handed One (DVK)

Volcanic Salvo (M21)

Mazemind Tome (M21)

Bug Fixes

(More to be added until the release.)
  • Fixed an issue where Goblin Goliath would give permanent Double Strike to creatures.

• Fixed an issue where Temple of Triumph would only convert to White gems.

• Fixed an issue where the game would crash with the interaction between Murder Investigation and a Human Soldier with a gained Evergreen on the battlefield.

• Fixed a loop caused by Kaervek, the Spiteful on the opponent's turn.

• Fixed an issue where the Identity objective was not correctly counting matched gems in A Timeless Voyage event.

• Fixed an issue with the Magician objective - RotGP, node 2.1 - where it was counting supports with cost 9 or less towards it.

• Fixed an issue where a soft-lock would happen when fetching a Transform card using Ashiok, Nightmare Muse's Nightmare Harvest ability.

• Fixed an issue with the 3rd ability (Master of Time) of Planeswalker Teferi, Master of Time. Now only the first match on your turn is considered for gaining an extra swap.

• Fixed an issue with Nissa of Shadowed Boughs Vanguard, where it would only allow the player to use its Activated ability if the Passive ability was triggered.

• Fixed an issue where the game would crash with the interaction between Murder Investigation and a Human Soldier with a gained Evergreen on the battlefield.

• Fixed an issue where the game would crash when a token with a Basic Evergreen, given by a support, is destroyed and created again.

• Fixed a loop caused by the interaction between Kaervek, the Spiteful, and Murder Investigation while having another creature on the battlefield.

• Fixed an issue with Nissa of Shadowed Boughs Vanguard, where it would gain shield if the opponent causes a landfall.

• Fixed an issue in A Timeless Voyage event, where if the player controls Urza's Factory and it converts too many gems in the beginning of the turn, it will prevent the player from getting the extra swap.

• Fixed an issue where a creature would return to the battlefield with its mana cost still increased after being sent to the player's hand by Teferi, Hero of Dominaria's Spiraling Time ability.

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Ashiok, Sculptor of Fears's progression will be posted tomorrow on the Planeswalker area of the Forum.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy Rework Batman!  That's a lot of card changes.
    @Oktagon_Support unless I'm missing something though Riverglide Pathway is not an Origins card?

Now, for the million dollar question that I REALLY hope gets a clear response:
    Does this massive Story Mode rework mean that we will be getting new Story Mode Chapters?  Or is this just going to be a general new-player tune up and that's it?
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Are we going to see the usual holiday PW sale?
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks a lot for all the changes and bug fixes! I specially appreciate the balance you are trying to do by reworking Daxos and Kalemne's deafault decks.

Just a small issue I found while reading all the changes, Riverglide Pathway already costs 9 mana and is from Zendikar Rising, not Origins.

Thank you again!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like a great update,

The rework on old stuff IS a very positive sign that some long forgotten features are being watched over. Let's Dream about origins Walkers rework coming soon!

And that daily quest feature ... It feels like christmas ... Perfect timing!

Kudos to the team.

• OmniTron
    OmniTron Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Didn't see anything mentioned about the ridiculous loading times!? that deserves a rework imo...
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    OmniTron said:
    Didn't see anything mentioned about the ridiculous loading times!? that deserves a rework imo...
    My previous phone took several minutes at the start and end of each game, so I feel your pain.  My new phone takes several seconds.  Hardware makes an enormous difference.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Hard to evaluate the DvK changes. I'm not convinced they'll make much difference but we'll see.

The buffs to Origins are nice to see. That and the tweaks to Nissa's starting deck and beginner deck (and possibly the changes to Story mode?) all seem aimed at improving new player retention. I'll never complain about patches that focus on that, even if they don't do much for me personally.

New Ashiok looks pretty awesome.
  • Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2020
    Please check the recent update, @Oktagon_Support. I downloaded it and the game will not fetch me an opponent to play against. I will lose the crystals I paid to join Zendikar Expeditions if this is not fixed ASAP.

Update on the above: The game appears to be working properly again. Carry on.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Scydrex7 said:
    Please check the recent update, @Oktagon_Support. I downloaded it and the game will not fetch me an opponent to play against. I will lose the crystals I paid to join Zendikar Expeditions if this is not fixed ASAP.

Update on the above: The game appears to be working properly again. Carry on.

This tends to happen with new updates, especially if you apply the update shortly after release.  I speculate people on the new update are in a separate pool than people who joined before the update, so there just arent a lot of people to get matched against. It tends to sort itself out after some time.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    The new quest system is only available for new accounts while already active accounts are not updated to use the new feature.
  • Bil
    edited December 2020
    naabaldan said:
    The new quest system is only available for new accounts while already active accounts are not updated to use the new feature.
    What? ... It was too cool to be true ...
  • naabaldan
    Yes, yes, yes.
  • naabaldan
    Addition: @Nalthazar did the same as I did, starting a new account, but did not see the guiding journal on the home screen, so not all new accounts have this feature active...
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    I still only see “New Journal Coming Soon!” On my home screen.

@Oktagon_Support when can we expect this new feature to go live? There hasn’t been a detailed post about it yet like we usually see for new features so I might guess things aren’t ready on the server side just yet.
  • naabaldan
    It's active, but not for us. Only new players may or may not have the new feature active... 
  • Bil
    Damn ... who did snowball father christmas !!?
  • Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2020
    There is an issue with Throne of Eldraine crafting, @Oktagon_Support. I am still missing cards from that set, yet the game states that already own all the cards. Something to take a look at.
  • Bil
    Could we have some feedback about the daily quest issue @Oktagon_Support?

It's been more or less 24 hours, this IS a major issue on the main feature of the last update ... I feel like it should be top priority.

Someone should have told players something yet and we don't even Know if the team IS aware of the bug.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    I don't have the whole information to provide yet!
    But I can say it's not a bug.
    Only new players have access to the Quest System for now.
    I will add more details when I have them.