Release Notes 4.5 *UPDATE (10/21/20)

13»

Comments

• KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Sad to see multiple duplicates from earlier patches on this list of newly added fixes.. Specifically the Renata and Ruinous Ultimatum ones..

Also adding such a list this close to release doesn't bode well to be honest 🤣 hope you have had enough time to actually playtest all of these! 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    KrizzB said:
    Sad to see multiple duplicates from earlier patches on this list of newly added fixes.. Specifically the Renata and Ruinous Ultimatum ones..

Also adding such a list this close to release doesn't bode well to be honest 🤣 hope you have had enough time to actually playtest all of these! 
    I think it's a sign they're done developing and ready to publish tomorrow.
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 91 Match Maker
    jtwood said:
    KrizzB said:

I think it's a sign they're done developing and ready to publish tomorrow.
    Hope so! Can't wait to get my hands on some of the new goodies 😁
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    UPDATE* (10/21/20)
    • Minor text changes

Apple ID Login

• Players have now the option of logging into the game using their Apple ID. (iOS users)
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Serious question: What benefit is there to using an Apple ID to log in?

UPDATE*

Rising Tensions

• PvP

• Progression Rewards

• No Entrance Fee

• Legacy

• All Planeswalkers’ colors are allowed if matching the node color.

• 3 Nodes (Unlocked from the beginning)

• Recharge Time: 8h

• Initial Charge: 1 | Max Charges: 6

• Duration: 46h

jtwood said:
    Serious question: What benefit is there to using an Apple ID to log in?
    It's the same system as Facebook login.
    You can log into your account using different Apple devices with your Apple ID.
    For those (like me) who use Apple ID in all other kinds of web accounts, it's good because you can "centralize" all your accounts.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Whenever I push the app away and do other things on my phone (or nothing) it will give a "has stopped working" message after a while. This is strictly since the update.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    critman said:
    I find the app to be more unstable now than it has been for a long time, I'm constantly surprised at the moment to find it resetting when I put it in the background to use even a low resource app like Slack or Twitter.

Of course, as a long time player of the game, I remember it being worse than this, and I'd certainly never put the app into the background while I was engaged in a fight for fear it would reset.

Still, this is not a welcome development. My app reset overnight last night, with my phone sat unused on my bedside table. (Perhaps this was because of a maintenance being run, though? We shall see how it fairs over future nights).

It DOES seem a bit more glitchy, doesn't it? I hope they stabilize it better in the next few updates.
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    critman said:
    TomB said:
    critman said:
    I find the app to be more unstable now than it has been for a long time, I'm constantly surprised at the moment to find it resetting when I put it in the background to use even a low resource app like Slack or Twitter.

Of course, as a long time player of the game, I remember it being worse than this, and I'd certainly never put the app into the background while I was engaged in a fight for fear it would reset.

Still, this is not a welcome development. My app reset overnight last night, with my phone sat unused on my bedside table. (Perhaps this was because of a maintenance being run, though? We shall see how it fairs over future nights).

It DOES seem a bit more glitchy, doesn't it? I hope they stabilize it better in the next few updates.
    Why is it so unstable when it's in the menu system, doing nothing? And when my phone is idle? Just how many resources does a menu system need to run? Are they mining bitcoin on my phone?!

Today, my phone provided me a kind message "MTGPQ has stopped working" and the app reset while in the background
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    My phone didn't shut the app down when it was in the background, but it did complain to me that the app was draining a lot of battery while on in the background, which it has never done before, and it "suggested" that I shut PQ down. If the new update made it so much more of a battery vampire, it might be that different power management settings or different phones are being more aggressive about not letting it drain battery life.