Release Notes 4.5 *UPDATE (10/21/20)

Options

Comments

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    March of Multitudes is so painful to sit through i often quit out of matches just to move on from it. Even ones I'm winning. There's no reason for it to take that long, especially with animations turned off. Hopefully Conqueror's Pledge won't be as bad. 
  • ALEJANDROID
    ALEJANDROID Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I was really hopping to see it this week, but it actually seems quite improbable
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support
    Hi Marcella, 

Can you tell us what the landform ING supports do? Are they all the same except for color? 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    March of Multitudes is so painful to sit through i often quit out of matches just to move on from it. Even ones I'm winning. There's no reason for it to take that long, especially with animations turned off. Hopefully Conqueror's Pledge won't be as bad. 
    Curious... just how long is too long? 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 12 seconds? 20 seconds? MoM resolves at an average rate of 12 seconds. 

What I find weird is why small things like this is considered too long yet a loop build requiring two 2-minute overrides is A-okay? *shrug*  I would never quit a match because of MoM.

Casting Jirina Kudro via Daxos is a more painful affair yet if I have Kaervek, The Spiteful and Black Market down... the soldiers animate for two counts then it is a blur of numbers as the animation is overidden and tokens are dying and Black Market is reinforcing at a high rate of speed. @Oktagon_Support Why can't this same two count animation/blur-stack effect be applied to any large token stack being played? I love it to be honest, the game is more enjoyable and there is a sick sense of satisfaction watching what is about 4 to 5 seconds of tokens being stacked and seeing the number stop at 80 plus.  >:) lol
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No idea if this is actually correct but I seem to remember years ago the tokens and other multiple effects only using two animations; one for the first effect and the second for all the rest. Using Bolas' 2nd ability for example you'd see one animation showing a Zombie and then a 2nd animation showing "x3". This was quite fast, when was this changed?
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Curious... just how long is too long? 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 12 seconds? 20 seconds? MoM resolves at an average rate of 12 seconds. 

What I find weird is why small things like this is considered too long yet a loop build requiring two 2-minute overrides is A-okay? *shrug*  I would never quit a match because of MoM.

I dont really have a good answer to this.  From my perspective, I wouldnt say any particular amount of time is too long, it's more how long it feels. MoM feels like it takes an eternity because you are just watching a slow token animation tick up 12 times. A loop build requiring two 2-minute overrides feels, at least for me, like something is happening, even if it's just gems getting converted over and over. MoM in particular gets on my nerves because I know they have the capability of making it faster.  So many other token generators have the "fast" animation, but for some reason that one does not.  MoM isnt the only instance where I quit out of matches due to slowness.  I will also do it when Greg loops forever, or any other instance that feels like I am wasting time (and for the record, these are non-coalition, TG/PVE type matches I quit out of).
    Aside from the novelty of trying it, I tend to avoid playing loops that take forever to resolve precisely because they take so long. The only exception to this is fights with such annoying objectives that sitting through the loop is preferable to the alternatives (parts of Avacyn's Madness and like all of The Elderspark come to mind). I much prefer playing aggro decks that win as fast as possible. I also tend to avoid control decks because they take forever to set up.

• Gunmix25
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

I dont really have a good answer to this.  From my perspective, I wouldnt say any particular amount of time is too long, it's more how long it feels. MoM feels like it takes an eternity because you are just watching a slow token animation tick up 12 times. A loop build requiring two 2-minute overrides feels, at least for me, like something is happening, even if it's just gems getting converted over and over. MoM in particular gets on my nerves because I know they have the capability of making it faster.  So many other token generators have the "fast" animation, but for some reason that one does not.  MoM isnt the only instance where I quit out of matches due to slowness.  I will also do it when Greg loops forever, or any other instance that feels like I am wasting time (and for the record, these are non-coalition, TG/PVE type matches I quit out of).
    Aside from the novelty of trying it, I tend to avoid playing loops that take forever to resolve precisely because they take so long. The only exception to this is fights with such annoying objectives that sitting through the loop is preferable to the alternatives (parts of Avacyn's Madness and like all of The Elderspark come to mind). I much prefer playing aggro decks that win as fast as possible. I also tend to avoid control decks because they take forever to set up.

A fair and well thought out response.  You make some good points
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I updated the Gallery of Abilities, Mechanics and Rules with the new content (mechanics and abilities) and also the definition of some keywords (match, swap, cascade, gem conversion).
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Song of Creation got a nerf, but any chance the glitches are going to be fixed?

Also, when is the tentative release date?
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Song of Creation got a nerf.
    I would not call it a nerf, but a correction. An example is Omniscience, which is very similar to SoC in some ways.

When first cast it has four shields. If it operated like SoC does now, then it would start it four shields then immediately lose one shield for casting itself. But it doesn't.  So the behavior change in SoC is technically the right move imho. The existing actions of Whirlwind of Thought has the same issue as SoC. 
    Options
    Last question fo rthe day: I see that Oran Reif the vastwood isn't in the set (allready used for ZvE)  is there an option to make it still standard legal?

It's kind of a shame that green of all colors doesn't get a convert 3 land....
    GD Answer: Unfortunately, we have no plans to make Oran Rief standard legal. But we have plans to make "Block Sets" events that allow players to use all the cards from both Zendikar sets.
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support
    Hi Marcella, 

Can you tell us what the landform ING supports do? Are they all the same except for color? 
    GD Answer: All of them have basically the same effect, but the amount of gem conversion is different according to the rarity.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    I would not call it a nerf, but a correction. An example is Omniscience, which is very similar to SoC in some ways.

When first cast it has four shields. If it operated like SoC does now, then it would start it four shields then immediately lose one shield for casting itself. But it doesn't.  So the behavior change in SoC is technically the right move imho. The existing actions of Whirlwind of Thought has the same issue as SoC. 
    I agree with you 100%. I think I was just quoting a player further up.  It is a correction.

My other questions still stand though.  Song of Creation is still significantly bugged. I didn't see fixing it in the updates.

Also when is this update released date?
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @FindingHeart8 if you keep asking maybe they will finally cave and give that information, or at least a target or a range :)

I seem to remember most recent updates happening on a Wednesday (today!), but they have also been lately giving two weeks notice with the release notes (next Wednesday?) so we will have to see...
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not having any of the new events scheduled could mean next week.
    Leaving off one of the elite packs this week suggests that the plan is this week.
    If this week, and things were thought through, it would be BEFORE The Colossal Tussle as people will be very upset if standard switches halfway through the event and they have to face what are now legacy cards.

guess 1: Today
    guess 2: they didn't think of TCT impact and it will be tomorrow
    guess 3: next Monday or Tuesday and they took away the 4th elite pack for no reason.

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The new daily events, Zendikar Expeditions, all have either a Kicker, Party or Landforming objective. I just hope that they decide to release the set before these events come into play so we all have a chance to get cards with the new abilities to meet the objectives.
    Options

My other questions still stand though.  Song of Creation is still significantly bugged. I didn't see fixing it in the updates.
    We already have one on the release notes:
    • Fixed an issue where Song of Creation would not draw 2 cards if a Vanguard card was cast.
    We will have to wait for the next days to see if some other fix about this card is confirmed. :grimace:
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support
    Hi Marcella, 

GD Answer: All of them have basically the same effect, but the amount of gem conversion is different according to the rarity.
    One gem converted for an uncommon and common, two gems for a rare and three for a mythic? 
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

I agree with you 100%. I think I was just quoting a player further up.  It is a correction.

Also when is this update released date?
    What is SoC doing that is buggy? I wasn't aware of any bugs during game play. honestly curious
  • FindingHeart8
    Options

We already have one on the release notes:
    • Fixed an issue where Song of Creation would not draw 2 cards if a Vanguard card was cast.
    We will have to wait for the next days to see if some other fix about this card is confirmed. :grimace:
    Thank you for that, what about the mana glitch that was under investigation?  SoC doesn't trigger mana gains from certain planeswalker abilities (ex: Garruk and Bolas 2nd ability).

Also, any idea when the new set will be released?  Thanks!