Immortal Hulk Counters

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think counters are limited to BRB/Kitty and potentially Prof X/Onslaught.

What other teams defeated your iHulkoye?

The team that I used to beat iHulkoye is boosted R4G and Polaris. They are still getting steamrolled unboosted though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm curious if a Bolt-based team could do it? passively charging the green, which Hulkoye can't actually use, and having it surely be the most common color on the board for most of the match, seems like it may be mechanically sound...but the lower than current health pool means you wouldn't have too many turns to get moving. Maybe a Bolt/BRB team? 5torm/Bolt? Not a lot of staying power, but just curious about other options to shut down Green Door.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ever since I champed Onslaught, I've been enjoying the X/Onslaught team... which yes, gets rid of Okoye woes.  Sure, Hulk is gonna do some damage, but hey, when does anyone get through a PvP unscathed without using a Kitty/BRB team?
  • SkyFire47
    SkyFire47 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5* carnage and any toon that can flood the board (and live long enough) works as well.  iHulk passive runs off BASIC green tiles on board so if theres not enough, it doesnt fire.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I have succesfully blocked iHulk in Class of 2020 by running a BRB/Carbage/Polaris team that can flood the board ultra quick. But since Okoye is exluded from this PVP, it's hard to know if that can happen quickly enough to help you there or not. Once next pick-3 pvp gets here I'll probably give it a shot.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some observations of mine.
    On fan store people have been taking up okoye A LOT. Right now the tops are okoye level 480 - 500 and one champed hulk.
    The big problem of the raise was nerfing bishop. He was the one stopping ihulk. The nerfing was not necessary on these times when apoc is very popular and inmune to stun, and 4* players usually dont have problems with him.

Polaris is a good counter in ofense because ihulk has problems with special tiles as mentioned. But not in defense being a 4* not much covered.

Actually what is needed is a character designed for countering him. Be it destroying green tiles, sending him airbone on an attack, or finally slaying him with no resurrection.
    About that final theme, I must report to you who is the strongest character in game right now, and she is elektra 4*.

WHY??? You will wonder astonished and with all reasons to be like that.
    Because ultimately he does what I said thanks to shadow step. He damages at the end of the turn and if ihulk is downed he cannot revive.
    I found it in her one pve node.
    It took me many seconds to reaction to that with a quit.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My iHulk has only two covers, red and black. But I like to combine iHulk with Vulture, as long as Vulture is flying, he is untouchable. I have seen 100 resurrections in SCL10 nodes. Especially the 500+ levels can be time consuming, but really fun. I got the tip on this forum to kick start Vulture with CloakandDagger for some extra black tiles. Good suggestion! Works well.
  • HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

The team that I used to beat iHulkoye is boosted R4G and Polaris. They are still getting steamrolled unboosted though.
    Another team that works decently is Quake/5Thanos/5Black Panther........ I target Hulk 1st which sends him in an infinite death loop (which continuously damages his his teammates until downed) the hard part is downing Hulk before Quake is downed.
  • HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Additionally, another option for Hulk could be that he needs something like 12-15 green tiles on the board for “the green door” to activate. I believe it’s too easy to get 8 green tiles on the board.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does downing him completely with Daken's green prevent him from coming back?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Another team that works decently is Quake/5Thanos/5Black Panther........ I target Hulk 1st which sends him in an infinite death loop (which continuously damages his his teammates until downed) the hard part is downing Hulk before Quake is downed.
    But that’s pick 3. Hulkoye are running roughshod all over pick 2. 

Does downing him completely with Daken's green prevent him from coming back?
    He revives with 1 health. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I took BRB/and a baby champ Polaris (271) into pick-2 and a Carbage/Polaris team, specifically the Psylocke pvp, and I was able to beat a reasonably champed (458 okoye, 452 iHulk) opponent by flooding the board and shutting down Green Door. You have to use Polaris's stun on hulk as soon as it's available to you, then you get rid of Okoye. I defeated a few 60+ pt teams like that, but it did take some health on the part of Polaris after the second match if not the first.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The biggest deterrent to playing an IH team, IMHO, is the health packs needed.  I know I can beat them but I also know I will need healthpacks coming out of it.  That's what triggers me "Skipping" those teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The reworked Bishop and Elsa have abilities that seem to be anti-green basic tiles.  Hopefully, the next 5* can work on something similar on this passively.

iHulk is preventing me from jumping to 5* land because I expect to see 80-90% of them in PvPs when I climb high enough. I don't have a lot of healthpacks and ISO-8 to spare. Recently, majority of the retals I get from players with multiple champed 5* are iHulk/Okoye ranging from baby champed to max champed. A few months back, I could still see BRB/Kitty. Now, I rarely see them in my retals. 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    iHulk/Okoye is the team you see the most above 750, but it’s nowhere near 80-90% like past metas. Even above 1050 it’s not 80% Hulkoye.

Deadpool looked to me like an intended Hulkoye counter, and he’s not gonna be the last. I’m curious how difficult they’ll find countering him. It seems theoretically easy, but they clearly don’t like to develop 
    hard counters, which makes it unlikely they’ll do something like a 5* version of
    Quake’s yellow, or of 4* DP’s black. Either would instantly neuter Hulk. Obviously BRB is already quite a solid counter. BRB/Carnage has no problem with Hulkoye whatsoever. BRB/Kitty with boosts is pretty much a guaranteed win and BRB/Apoc will usually overwhelm it if you can get Apoc yellow out.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    This was based on my retal nodes, so I'm glad to know it's not 80% to 90%. But majority of the time is still not a good sign because I'll get whooped pretty quickly. And I won't have champed BRB.

I think defensively, AI Deadpool won't be that effective. Since iHulk is the main damage dealer,  I will do my best to end the match-3 with Okoye if I see that Deadpool has 6 black ap. Okoye will probably eat a few thousand damage from Penance Fare, rather than a few hundred thousand damage. In the future, if there's a 5* who can bring opponent with the lowest health to the front passively, I think AI Deadpool will be much more effective.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I took BRB/and a baby champ Polaris (271) into pick-2 and a Carbage/Polaris team, specifically the Psylocke pvp, and I was able to beat a reasonably champed (458 okoye, 452 iHulk) opponent by flooding the board and shutting down Green Door. You have to use Polaris's stun on hulk as soon as it's available to you, then you get rid of Okoye. I defeated a few 60+ pt teams like that, but it did take some health on the part of Polaris after the second match if not the first.
    That’s a rare event , and you’re on offense . My Hulkoye on offense downs Polaris usually on the first move , the only high percentage success of attacks on mine comes from a Kitty combo of BRB or Grock
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    That’s a rare event , and you’re on offense . My Hulkoye on offense downs Polaris usually on the first move , the only high percentage success of attacks on mine comes from a Kitty combo of BRB or Grock
    Nobody is expecting defensive wins against Hulkoye in this thread (i don't believe), people are trying to find ways to beat it offensively. I'm seeing 4 and 5* players saying it's unassailable, something must be done, etc. We all know Polaris is a glass cannon, but there was some speculation about whether or not tile spamming was a viable strategy to shut down Green Door. BRB is good for it because the tiles you're making help to cut down any AOE you do take along the way, but you can flood the board faster with Carbage because he's also making tile spam for you alongside Polaris. You can totally lock a board down with specials within a couple turns, so if you're able to deny team-up (and red), you'll be able to get points out of someone else's Hulkoye team.