Immortal Hulk Counters

HuracanDolor
HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
I suggested a change to balance Immortal Hulk a little while ago———>
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82853/immortal-hulk-suggestion#latest

Not sure if it fell on deaf ears but here I am again with another suggestion for a counter (which we desperately need)

The first one is a change to Quakes “Coordinated Tactics”, instead of her having a designated amount that she avoids when taking team damage, could it be reduced entirely to 1, like Black Suit Spider Man. 
The next one is a change to Nightcrawlers “BAMF”, instead of him disappearing when taking team damage, could he also brings his teammates with him airborne. (After all he is capable of doing that in the comics)

Your thoughts?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you struggling to defeat him alone, or is he always paired with Okoye? Does your matchmaking have you up against champed okoye/hulk combos?

I have a level 451 Immortal Hulk, and Green Door does 5533 damage to the enemy team. My Quake is lvl 306, and Coordinated Tactics reduces incoming team damage by 4271. So there is very nearly parity there even with that level gap. But you throw Okoye in the mix, and it won't take long for them to be overwhelmed. 

Have you tried using Dazzler + Rocket (or BRB ideally)? I just found an Okoye/Hulk/Apocalypse team of 457/457/458 level in the anniversary simulator and went up against it with BRB/Rescue/Dazzler to see what would happen. Dazzler stunned Okoye as soon as Green Door went off, then i stunned Hulk next time he did it. Rescue kind of keeps her going with health for awhile until I was able to whittle down Okoye with Clash of the Worthy a few times. I won the match by getting rid of Okoye, then Apocalypse, then Hulk, and everybody died except my nearly full health BRB...so I don't know, not highly sustainable, but I won I guess.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    The fact that you are suggesting 4 star characters to counter him makes me think you are a 4 star player so my counters probably won't help you much, but they work so here you go.

Kitty and Beta Ray Bill.  Use a blue ap boost, chase blue and get brb blue on the board quickly.  Kitty will be buffing your shields in addition to bills blue creating 3 more every time hulk triggers bill.  Then you can get kitty red on the board to add 9 attack tiles every time hulk does his thing.  Keep okoye in the back so she burns any team up ap she gets until you have enough shields that her damage boost isn't making a difference.  As long as you aren't very unlucky and get a board with no blue you should take minimal damage, but it is slow.

My new go to for ihulk is BRB and apacolypse.  It's not quite as safe as brb/kitty but it's much faster.  Same basic strategy but you'll want to get apocolypse yellow out after BRB blue.  Then once you get enough ap to fire BRB green, or apoc red or black it's just about game over.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor

Not sure if it fell on deaf ears but here I am again with another suggestion for a counter (which we desperately need)

The first one is a change to Quakes “Coordinated Tactics”, instead of her having a designated amount that she avoids when taking team damage, could it be reduced entirely to 1, like Black Suit Spider Man. 
    The next one is a change to Nightcrawlers “BAMF”, instead of him disappearing when taking team damage, could he also brings his teammates with him airborne. (After all he is capable of doing that in the comics)

Your thoughts?
    I think you need to play the cards you’re dealt . Or learn to hit skip . Skill kits are designed for a reason , I’m sure the devs beta test them . I doubt anyone tells them “ You didn’t see that coming , did you ?” 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

Your thoughts?
    I think you need to play the cards you’re dealt . Or learn to hit skip . Skill kits are designed for a reason , I’m sure the devs beta test them . I doubt anyone tells them “ You didn’t see that coming , did you ?” 

That's why there are never nerfs.
    Wait....
    iHulk is broken. The solution is either a 5* with Quake's nullify or a nerf. On the other hand, I love him for PvE clears, so I don't even know if I want one. I also don't know if the devs want one, since he probably drives health pack sales. But I'll say I've never hated the PvP meta more than I do right now. Give me Bishop all day over this nonsense.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been liking Onslaught/Profe$$or X for it, because if you can arrange an early match-4, you can bankrupt the board of team up tiles immediately. Green is probably going to be strongest color, so Onlsuaght's blue can help you keep the green under control.
    Huh. Good tip. I'll have to try this out.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

Kitty and Beta Ray Bill.  Use a blue ap boost, chase blue and get brb blue on the board quickly.  Kitty will be buffing your shields in addition to bills blue creating 3 more every time hulk triggers bill.  Then you can get kitty red on the board to add 9 attack tiles every time hulk does his thing.  Keep okoye in the back so she burns any team up ap she gets until you have enough shields that her damage boost isn't making a difference.  As long as you aren't very unlucky and get a board with no blue you should take minimal damage, but it is slow.

For a Britty team, I use +2red, +2 all to combat Okoye/iHulk.  All you need is one red match.  Then match a few green to keep Hulk passive from triggering while the shields get buffed, then launch red and let green tiles happen.  Keep hitting iHulk or the third to keep any accidental TU matches from aiding them too much.  Once you have your strike tiles out from the iHulk passive, just switch back and forth from the third to Okoye, depending on their TU Ap.  After a few turns, you're doing massive damage per turn and the shields are high enough that any passive damage can't touch you.  A stun TU helps if things start to get out of hand early, but once it gets rolling, I almost never lose this way.

If, for instance, you are fighting an invisible enemy (looking at you Howard), I just target Hulk instead.  His passive regeneration damage to the team still hits invisible enemies.

Where this can fall apart are 500+ Okoye's and the AI lucking into a TU cascade early.  Not much you can do about that with my method.
  • HuracanDolor
    KGB said:
    Pretty sure 4* counters to 5* problems aren't going to be of much interest to anyone.
    KGB

Well, they made a 5* ability to counter a 4* (5* Archangel > Vulture) It’s not far fetched.
  • HuracanDolor
    Borstock said:

Your thoughts?

That's why there are never nerfs.
    Wait....
    iHulk is broken. The solution is either a 5* with Quake's nullify or a nerf. On the other hand, I love him for PvE clears, so I don't even know if I want one. I also don't know if the devs want one, since he probably drives health pack sales. But I'll say I've never hated the PvP meta more than I do right now. Give me Bishop all day over this nonsense.
    I think if they just removed Okoye’s buff on IHulk that would solve the problem...... They’ve done it before i.e. Okoye’s buff doesn’t increase 5* Thor’s passive green damage.
  • Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker

I think if they just removed Okoye’s buff on IHulk that would solve the problem...... They’ve done it before i.e. Okoye’s buff doesn’t increase 5* Thor’s passive green damage.
    They didn't remove Okoye's buff with Thor's passive green -- it doesn't meet the requirements for Okoye's buff.

Thor's passive is tile destruction, so the damage is just match damage, not ability damage; if it were ability damage, Okoye would buff it.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Dhaunas said:

They didn't remove Okoye's buff with Thor's passive green -- it doesn't meet the requirements for Okoye's buff.

Thor's passive is tile destruction, so the damage is just match damage, not ability damage; if it were ability damage, Okoye would buff it.
    That’s true about Thor’s passive, the one I have always found odd is 4* Juggernaut.
    it seems like she should boost his passive.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That was a patch to remove tile destruction based damage from benefitting from Wakanda Forever. There are now a long list of characters that don’t work with Wakanda Forever! Even though the power descriptions imply they should. It just happened very early, so it just feels like the way it works now.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I’d love it if Hulks passive wasn’t Okoye boosted* and I’d still use him a ton (I actually use him with Thanos a ton whenever someone plays a loaner essential). I also like him with DD and Phoenix. But the way it is written, his power is the exact type of power that should be boosted by Okoye and if they start picking and choosing what powers work with Okoye it could be a slippery slope. 

* before someone comes in assuming that just because I don’t like the Hulkoye meta, I must not have it and am sick of being beat by superior players... I’ve been able to champ (and keep up with champing) all the meta toons since my namesake was made a 5*. I bypassed the Gambit era but have been apart of everything from Thorkoye to Hulkoye and everything in between (including Bishop... another meta I hated but not because I didn’t have the option to run it myself). 
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Okoye/XFDP.  If you're in Sim, throw in Drax.  Watch the competition melt away.

Note that this is not necessarily easy on the health packs.
  • Michael1957
    Aweberman said:
    Okoye/XFDP.  If you're in Sim, throw in Drax.  Watch the competition melt away.

Note that this is not necessarily easy on the health packs.
    I’m surprised I don’t see others use this . The retaliation hits hard and fast and handles all non metas in CL10
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally beaten champed iHulk and Okoye...  o:)
  • Michael1957
    Finally beaten champed iHulk and Okoye...  o:)
    I’ve done it, although he is my meta on offense .  Stun lock him immediately, flood the board with spam tiles so his green prerequisite can’t be met , and you’ve made him as useless as he was in the last 2 Avengers movies 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2020
    I’d love it if Hulks passive wasn’t Okoye boosted* and I’d still use him a ton (I actually use him with Thanos a ton whenever someone plays a loaner essential). I also like him with DD and Phoenix. But the way it is written, his power is the exact type of power that should be boosted by Okoye and if they start picking and choosing what powers work with Okoye it could be a slippery slope. 

* before someone comes in assuming that just because I don’t like the Hulkoye meta, I must not have it and am sick of being beat by superior players... I’ve been able to champ (and keep up with champing) all the meta toons since my namesake was made a 5*. I bypassed the Gambit era but have been apart of everything from Thorkoye to Hulkoye and everything in between (including Bishop... another meta I hated but not because I didn’t have the option to run it myself). 
    They are already picking and choosing. 4* Juggernaut’s should work as written and it doesn’t. His power is identical to 2* widow’s damage when matching N color, which does receive bonus damage, and his does not gain any additional. The “rule” is that it doesn’t add to damage that is based on some tile destruction, but it does add when there is an additional pool of fixed damage that happens on top of that. That is how Juggernaut’s is worded, but evidently not how it is coded. War Machine also should work as written but he does not. I made a whole thread about who did and did not gain damage awhile ago.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 723 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    I made a whole thread about who did and did not gain damage awhile ago.

Link please. I cant find it. Maye next time I wont be surprised like when I was when I learned that capped damage of 3* Deadpool Red power can be passed through Strike tiles or Okoye beyond.