Immortal Hulk Counters

Options
13»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carbage/Polaris or BRB/Polaris can flood a board extremely fast. She wasn’t around at the beginning of this thread.

I have a suspicion Old Man Daken and perhaps Mag5 are attempts to counter him in the same way Lumbercap and Archangel were attempts to counter gambit, but it’s too soon to tell for sure. My rationale being the both have mechanics that extract green from the board, though both are active powers and therefore super flawed. Though Mag5 coming with that wild initial defense boost could help in the early match. I just covered OMD today, so I guess I’ll see 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,726 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carbage/Polaris or BRB/Polaris can flood a board extremely fast. She wasn’t around at the beginning of this thread.

I have a suspicion Old Man Daken and perhaps Mag5 are attempts to counter him in the same way Lumbercap and Archangel were attempts to counter gambit, but it’s too soon to tell for sure. My rationale being the both have mechanics that extract green from the board, though both are active powers and therefore super flawed. Though Mag5 coming with that wild initial defense boost could help in the early match. I just covered OMD today, so I guess I’ll see 
    Yeah, Polaris is a thought -- but I'm extremely leery of that, because of Polaris' low health.  I imagine just a couple green doors, and she's done.

I have tried with SamDak -- and while the theory is nice, it takes 9 green to start that engine.  Getting to that 9 means either doing it 'naturally', meaning you've probably ate a few green doors in the meantime, or you're using a battery.  BRB battery options are probably the best option... because using half-Thor means your precious half-Thor is already closer to death than we'd like.

Maybe that's the key... 
    BRB - Kitty - SamDak

This way, you're boosting defense from the get-go, and instead of using BRB's green, you eventually use SamDaks green to trim away the board' supply of green.  I'll have to give this a go, even with my non-champed BRB. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Would Nightcrawler work in any way? He can dodge the AOE and help with board colour manipulation, especially if he can convert blue for Bill to use to fire off repeaters and shield tile spam.
    Edit: I don't think he would tank any colours either? Kitty would take red and purple and Bill blue. So you could hide him and he dodges Green Door?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I’ve tried using Nightcrawler, and what invariably happens is that he eats the initial cascade from green door from being out front some kind of way.

The other problem with Nightcrawler is "so you've survived green door with no remaining teammates...now what?" since he slaps like a wet noodle unboosted.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

1. Has anyone found any other good counters?  I mean, SOLID counters -- they don't have to be meta, they could be incredibly niche.
    Yes. I suggested this team on the first page but I didn't see it on your list of counters. I would definitely call it solid as it works nearly 100 percent of the time for me.  For context, I am playing in scl 10 pvp against very high level hulkoye teams and score about 1300 per event.  They were already high lvl when I posted the suggestion originally but since then the anniversary fan fave store came and now those okoye's are even bigger (lvl 520 and up) and I'm still hitting them for big points and am able to often finish top ten and even got a top 5 finish in the last pvp event using this team.

Apocolypse (Mine is up to lvl 481 now thanks to fan fave vault but was lvl 460ish at the time I originally posted) and Beta Ray BIll ( Still lvl 464)

Basically works like BRBitty except it's not quite as safe since you don't have the tile boosting of kitty but is so much faster and better to hop with.  Basically I use a +2 boost to blue and red/yellow and if I'm hopping and really want to make sure I don't lose I'll use +2 all ap as well.

Get brb blue out asap.  Then focus on denying team up ap and chasing yellow. Keep okoye in the back so she burns any team up ap they stumble into.  Unless you get really unlucky and there's no blue on the board and/or the ai lucks into a huge cascade of team up ap bills blue will be negating most of the damage from green door and hopefully putting some of those protect tiles on green gems.

Then you want apoc yellow to take up more space on the board and boosting damage. With yellow out BRB blue does about 25k, green does 20k per hit, Apoc red does 16k per hit, and black does about 23 k per hit.  Unless you get a really bad board you should be able to end the fight pretty quick and relatively unscathed.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nightcrawler and Onslaught is fairly consistent, I've found.  Ideally you get a match-4 out of the gate to get rid of the team-up tiles, then chase purple (or blue to turn green into purple, if Hulk and Okoye are comparably leveled).  Kurt will vault out of the way, and often can go winfinite even if Onslaught goes down (though that does become a bit tedious).
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,726 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @BriMan2222 I'll add it to the list, just for consistancy.

Also, I don't have a champed BRB... but its serviceable at best.  I'll see if it works.  I'm trying to think what a good 3rd will be...  maybe Yelena, to keep their AP suppressed?  Maybe Kitty, just to boost as well?  Maybe Prof X, for that random match 4 fun, or Onslaught, to really get rid of those teamups quickly (if a match 4 presents itself)?  Maybe half-Thor, just for fuel for the engine?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Also, I don't have a champed BRB... but its serviceable at best.  I'll see if it works.  I'm trying to think what a good 3rd will be...  maybe Yelena, to keep their AP suppressed?  Maybe Kitty, just to boost as well?  Maybe Prof X, for that random match 4 fun, or Onslaught, to really get rid of those teamups quickly (if a match 4 presents itself)?  Maybe half-Thor, just for fuel for the engine?
    Potentially Magik to add protects and fortifications passively? 
  • BriMan2222
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

In pick 3 pvp I usually use onslaught as the third to get rid of team up as you mentioned and also as an outlet for purple, albeit not a great one.  Plus he adds the stun immunity to apoc since he is a mutant.
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @BriMan2222 "Someone" tried to snipe me with your suggestion in this event. He hit me once and I doubled him with Okoye Hulk at twice the speed. He then shielded very quickly and may have had a negative hop.
  • BriMan2222
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @BriMan2222 "Someone" tried to snipe me with your suggestion in this event. He hit me once and I doubled him with Okoye Hulk at twice the speed. He then shielded very quickly and may have had a negative hop.
    @JackDeath666 That "someone" didn't try to snipe anything.  He tried to jump from 1170 to over 1200 to hit the 18 cp, which is his only real goal in pvp, hitting a high point team (which wasn't you) that was shielded that he'd saved in his que from earlier. 

That someone wound up at 1180 instead of breaking 1200 after winning his match and said "oh, well.  I'll shield before I end up with a loss and get it on the next one"

If someone was doubled,  that's news to him because he was only attacked once according to the game. I also fail to see what any of this has to do with viable hulkoye counters?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am pretty pleased with BRB/Kitty/Nightcrawler - I just beat an iHulk team with an Okoye way above my guys and iHulk of similar levels and it was easy.