**** Elsa Bloodstone (Monster Hunter) ****

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    The stunner isn’t a big attraction to me , there’s only a handful that go airborne and only Vulture is seen often. Invisibility is useless against AOE attacks already so you always are bringing a counter to that already . I doubt I’ll be seeing a lot of her , not that I even know who she is in the first place . 

I'm thinking we're going to see more airborne characters . The reason I think this is coming is MAINLY because they just reworked Archangel. He's way more usable now his powers are cheaper. Now they release ANOTHER anti airborne character.

Also Heimdal has a airborne mechanic, I think we'll see a lot more soon.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    They actually did Elsa Bloodstone! I’ve been low-key asking for her for a couple of years now, but I thought  they never would as she is a bit more of a fringe character.

i don’t mind if she isn’t a top tier character, but I’m just glad she made it into the game
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really feel bad saying this but the artwork...gah...it is almost painful to look at. Nevermind turning animations off, can we just have a blank space for her? I appreciate the effort but I can't join Elsa for a cuppa on this one, sorry.

Otherwise - well I guess she is a Vulture counter a few years too late - noted @Omegased comment above could be likely but outside of ridiculously scaled Welcome to SHIELD events, not too many airborne characters cause that much trouble to date. I guess she nerfs Nightcrawler, Northstar and Karolina but I wouldn't say they were exactly tearing anything up. What happens with Colossus fastball special? Do you still get the free random power or is it cancelled? Having never got Archangel's cover that hits airborne, I have never seen it in action.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think her ability to stun invisible enemies as well was somewhat forgotten. While you can counter them with AoE and random power attacks, a red stun is quite uncommon. She isn't meta, but she could be someone's saviour. That's the beauty of f2p games, everyone has different progress due to RNG, compared to PC games, where progress are predictable and almost the same for everyone.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    I think she can work well with apocalypse (or heimdall), adding that extra yellow he much craves for in the start of the battle. And when he has it, she eliminates yellow not needed with her blue.
    Her purple could be an attempt to counter ihulk really expensive and then not very effective, although there are some damaging traps.
    And her cheap red could turn meta if appears a 5* casting collective airborne(or collective enemy invisibility lol). There are 2 red 5* batteries in LL right now.
    I think she is interesting and she has a toolkit for to save and remember in the future.
    Arts go down another time , together with nega and heimdall. Even fans could do it better.
    Vhailorx said:

Overall, this is a mildly interesting release into a completely overstuffed tier.  Continued time/resources spent on 4* development are a waste for players and devs.
    Your analysis was good until that. 4* development is needed for giving reasons to players to still be there grinding. And for new players to make a place for themselves. And yes, all days there are new players, at least in the free slots of my alliance.
  • DAZ0273
    edited October 2020
    I think her ability to stun invisible enemies as well was somewhat forgotten. While you can counter them with AoE and random power attacks, a red stun is quite uncommon. She isn't meta, but she could be someone's saviour. That's the beauty of f2p games, everyone has different progress due to RNG, compared to PC games, where progress are predictable and almost the same for everyone.

Unfortunately it will not work on Boss Venom in Sinister Six, so it's utility is reduced somewhat. Are there any recurring invisible characters that cause major issues? I guess Miles gets some play in Spider Universe teams and I have seen Onslaught in PvP a bit but his invisibility power isn't great as you only need match one trap. I guess maybe you get the odd Invisible Woman when she is boosted and I suppose Howard once a year. Maybe I am missing somebody? 4* Chuckie I guess? Long time since I ran Charlie's Angels though. Edit: Wolfsbane! I quite like Wolfsbane's kit and she might be a character newer players encounter as she is not so old herself, so could be useful against her I guess.
  • HoundofShadow
    That event is probably run twice or thrice a year, so it's not really a big hurdle.

Black Cat, Legion and Super Skrull are pretty popular. Black Cat can go airborne and stun the target for 4 turns the following turn and the other two can go invisible. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Unfortunately it will not work on Boss Venom in Sinister Six, so it's utility is reduced somewhat. Are there any recurring invisible characters that cause major issues? I guess Miles gets some play in Spider Universe teams and I have seen Onslaught in PvP a bit but his invisibility power isn't great as you only need match one trap. I guess maybe you get the odd Invisible Woman when she is boosted and I suppose Howard once a year. Maybe I am missing somebody? 4* Chuckie I guess? Long time since I ran Charlie's Angels though. Edit: Wolfsbane! I quite like Wolfsbane's kit and she might be a character newer players encounter as she is not so old herself, so could be useful against her I guess.
    Interesting point to bring up with Venom in S6.  I wonder what would happen...?

I mean, sure -- bosses can't be stunned.  But he IS Invisible!  So, the system would theoretically allow it to be fired, since it meets the requirements and can cause damage.  

So, what would happen?  Would the boss lose his status effect, yet not be stunned?  Would he keep his invisibility and still take damage somehow?  Would it just NOT be able to be fired?  I'd be curious to see what happens...

....not that Venom is ever a problem for me in S6, but it's an interesting thing IMO.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:

I mean, sure -- bosses can't be stunned.  But he IS Invisible!  So, the system would theoretically allow it to be fired, since it meets the requirements and can cause damage.  

So, what would happen?  Would the boss lose his status effect, yet not be stunned?  Would he keep his invisibility and still take damage somehow?  Would it just NOT be able to be fired?  I'd be curious to see what happens...

....not that Venom is ever a problem for me in S6, but it's an interesting thing IMO.

I have a very bad feeling that you won't be able to fire the power because there is no valid target (just Boss Venom who is invisible). Most single target powers only fire if there is a valid target so you need at least 1 enemy that isn't invisible/airborne to fire the power (and to damage) and then the secondary part (stun) kicks in if there are more enemies who are invisible/airborne.
    KGB
  • DAZ0273
    That event is probably run twice or thrice a year, so it's not really a big hurdle.

Black Cat, Legion and Super Skrull are pretty popular. Black Cat can go airborne and stun the target for 4 turns the following turn and the other two can go invisible. 

Actually as a defence against Black Cat I see it as viable and useful as she stuns you on her return which would stop that. I like BC but I don't see her very often. I think Legion is a bit complicated for most players tastes and SS is likewise more of a wild card. Possibly if these all pop in Simulator she might be a great use there I guess.
  • DAZ0273
    PiMacleod said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Yeah - I don't really know (and we missed the chance to find out with S6 being run not long ago!)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    The stunner isn’t a big attraction to me , there’s only a handful that go airborne and only Vulture is seen often. Invisibility is useless against AOE attacks already so you always are bringing a counter to that already . I doubt I’ll be seeing a lot of her , not that I even know who she is in the first place . 

I'm thinking we're going to see more airborne characters . The reason I think this is coming is MAINLY because they just reworked Archangel. He's way more usable now his powers are cheaper. Now they release ANOTHER anti airborne character.

Also Heimdal has a airborne mechanic, I think we'll see a lot more soon.
    It is possible to get more airborn characters. Unfortunately the characters that send people airborn are not very good.  What would be interesting is if a character got a passive invisible power or a passive airborn power.  

It could be if you have X number of AP will send one ally airborn for one turn.  When the ally lands does X amount of damage.  

Or if you generate X AP creates 1 invisible tile.  They would keep putting out invisible tiles each turn and would do X damage per invisible tile like Howard.  
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2020
    DAZ0273 said:

Actually as a defence against Black Cat I see it as viable and useful as she stuns you on her return which would stop that. I like BC but I don't see her very often. I think Legion is a bit complicated for most players tastes and SS is likewise more of a wild card. Possibly if these all pop in Simulator she might be a great use there I guess.
    Legion is a royal pain when used competently (as someone who does in PVE). His Black is both self heal and invisible, and he can lay quite a few for cheap. Even a computer controlled Legion will see fit to place the invisibility tiles in inaccessible corners. A good hard counter like Elsa would be handy.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    There's also Ghost, Agent Venom, Mysterio, Prowler, Maria Hill and Blonde Widow with invisibility.
    Could really mess with Maria Hill if you negate her otherwise timely invisible ability.

Curious if it actually destroys (or "turns to basic") the invisible tiles or if they simply return to invisible (assuming one or more of the invis tiles still remains) once their stun duration is completed...?
  • HoundofShadow
    Onslaught can be irritating if you don't have luck (4.69%) in matching his trap tiles. 

I believe Ghost and Black Widow will return back to their invisibility status after getting stunned, since her ability doesn't remove their invisibility tile. A quick way to test is to use Spider-Gwen or G3Mora against them.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

Legion is a royal pain when used competently (as someone who does in PVE). His Black is both self heal and invisible, and he can lay quite a few for cheap. Even a computer controlled Legion will see fit to place the invisibility tiles in inaccessible corners. A good hard counter like Elsa would be handy.
    I like Legion myself but I don't think I have run into him yet. He might seep through the cracks though as more champ him - my queues sure got Karnak'ed recently! Legion is not quite at that level but he has a wide power set, just not sure who he syncs with.
  • DAZ0273
    There's also Ghost, Agent Venom, Mysterio, Prowler, Maria Hill and Blonde Widow with invisibility.
    Could really mess with Maria Hill if you negate her otherwise timely invisible ability.

Curious if it actually destroys (or "turns to basic") the invisible tiles or if they simply return to invisible (assuming one or more of the invis tiles still remains) once their stun duration is completed...?
    Actually Agent Venom is a good one as you get to deal with the two he puts invisible and can still kick his butt at the same time.

Still not convinced any of these are major league problems but it is a power that at least has a bunch of characters it can counter, so no bad thing.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    PiMacleod said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I remember fighting boss Vulture in the 1v1 node in Battle at the Basilica with Archangel. Vulture went airborne and Archangel's passive triggered and failed because Vulture could not be stunned. He remained airborn.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture is the mvp of all those spider alliance events