SAVING TEAMS!

mbaren
mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
I'm still exploring the new interface (on Steam), so I haven't 100% decided what and how much I like, but... SAVING TEAMS!  Thank you!

Comments

• Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited October 2020
    Also on Steam, one thing I have seen that I DO NOT like: in pvp, when selecting opponents,  a little over half of the point value of opponents is  obscured, making it impossible to be sure if the fight is worthwhile or not.

Please fix this ASAP
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    The point value is annoying, but the selection screen is so worth it, that I won't mind living with this bug for a while.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Dhaunas said:
    Also on Steam, one thing I have seen that I DO NOT like: in pvp, when selecting opponents,  a little over half of the point value of opponents is  obscured, making it impossible to be sure if the fight is worthwhile or not.

Please fix this ASAP

Ooooh yeah, I didn't notice that.  That's not great.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    mbaren said:
    Dhaunas said:

Please fix this ASAP

Ooooh yeah, I didn't notice that.  That's not great.
    If you hit Escape, you can make out the point total if you're looking at where it goes away.  You have to be quick about it, though, as it's only on for a fraction of a second.  On the bright side, some numbers are much easier to determine than others.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    However well or poorly implemented (some time will be required to use the interface and get used to it), this is a QoL change we have been requesting for a VERY long time! Kudos to the dev team for getting it done and to management for paying for it.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Would also love some attention to Pick 2 teams, considering that's about 1/2 the game between PVP & essential pve nodes. Still a fantastic improvement that has already saved me time!
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Love it! Just wish we could also save some Pick 2 teams. And also that we could save more than 6 teams. But otherwise I'm glad for the change!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Give players an inch and they will ask for a foot . 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Love it! Just wish we could also save some Pick 2 teams. And also that we could save more than 6 teams. But otherwise I'm glad for the change!
    I think I’d be ok with the six-team limit If I could reorder the teams list. After all, teams are super easy to make and save. I think the idea is that the save list will be pretty dynamic, event to event. For most players, i.e. those <5* play, that seems likely to be true. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

You can sort of actually - I just saved one of the essential teams (Blade + Gritty) which is basically Gritty +, load that team and then swap in the Essential character before you go into fight - not perfect but best you can get and saves two lots of scrolling at least.
    Otherwise being able to load my Juggs PvE clearing team and K-Silly team is pretty nice. I will add a SHIELD Sim climbing team once that is back up and running and then mess about as I go along.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players are simply giving feedback and suggestions. As far as I can see, this change is largely appreciated by the playerbase. There are just some bugs and kinks to be ironed out, as with the first implementation of anything. Stop being so cynical of the playerbase/forumites.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I like the update.  My only complaint is that ap boosts have stopped working for me in pvp.  I go into pve and select ap boosts and I get the banners and I get the ap to start the fight.  My last 3 pvp battles I do exactly the same thing as pve and I don't get the banners and I don't get the ap to start the battle.

It made those pvp fights much harder than they otherwise would have been.  At least it didn't consume my ap boosts, the game just decided that I didn't really want to use all those ap boosts that I had selected to use.
  • Michael1957
    Players are simply giving feedback and suggestions. As far as I can see, this change is largely appreciated by the playerbase. There are just some bugs and kinks to be ironed out, as with the first implementation of anything. Stop being so cynical of the playerbase/forumites.
    I’m not here to argue semantics 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember all the shades of grey? Man, those were the days.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    First of all, thanks a bunch!! This is a huge QOL adjustment and I’m personally very happy with it. But of course I do believe in feedback, so a couple suggestions to think about for future improvements (because what if it’s just something they hadn’t thought about?): 

Since the Info box (health, level, support, colors) is kind of small and you already move that character’s name up when they’re selected, perhaps keep all character names at that “upper” level and let the Info box stretch across the entire screen. The other 2 are still greyed out so I believe it would be obvious which character’s info you’re looking at. 
    More than 6 teams. Perhaps this was just a starting point and they can easily change it to 10 or 15. 
    Also an ability to reorder the saved teams. Perhaps and up/down arrow under the Trash icon which lets you move the team up or down one spot at a time. 
    (Edit): oops forgot one. Would love to be able to still select a team even if the middle character is required. Let the left and right characters still come in. 
    But again, positivity sandwich. :-) I’m super happy with the improvement. Being able to filter (even without saved teams) is really helpful. Thanks for all the hard work I imagine must have been put into this. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree this is a net positive change, it is much appreciated. I hope it can be a little more polished to deal with clutter on smaller screens, especially considering my screen isn’t particularly small and it still seems a bit much. Imagine playing on something like an IPhone SE. 

Glad to see a QOL update though, the effort doesn’t go unnoticed.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the two person team thing for pvp and essentials, how about treating it like any other instance i.e. you are able to load the outer two parts of a set of three alongside the required character?

A further way to improve this welcome change would also be to allow drag and drop, to rearrange the positions within a saved team and also moving the saved teams themselves.
  • Michael1957
    bowla33 said:
    I’m not here to argue semantics 
    It's not semantics. Design should always be an iterative process. 

Creation without feedback is useless. 
    My God did it.  And in my career I never listened to the opinions of others because I was the top of my field and their uninformed ideas were useless and personally insulting to what my goals were as if they knew a better way . Positive feedback is fine, anything else was someone thinking they were smarter than me . And I retired extremely comfortably following that rule .