Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: July, 2020 (Updated 7/28/20)

Comments

• MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Webbed Wonder rewarding 2* Venom.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would actually be quite cool if they upgraded all the 1* that don't have 2* equivalent like Venom, Juggs, Iron man and Yelena so we could have more 2* variety and extra champs to build.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    But then I'd have to roster them...I just have Sp1der-Man to solo that one node in DDQ unless i've sold someone without a backfill generally
  • DAZ0273
    But then I'd have to roster them...I just have Sp1der-Man to solo that one node in DDQ unless i've sold someone without a backfill generally

They should eventually pay for their roster spots through champ rewards. I can't see any other point to the 1* tier still being around,in that many numbers not even for beginner players who are through it and into the 2's in no time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

They should eventually pay for their roster spots through champ rewards. I can't see any other point to the 1* tier still being around,in that many numbers not even for beginner players who are through it and into the 2's in no time.
    The entire point of the 1* tier is this exactly.  Give new players a thing to create the sensation of making progress immediately.  You can be starting on 2s within probably 1-2 weeks if not sooner of starting the game, and probably getting a decent spread on some of them.  Adding more 2s would dilute the pool and make your progress slower.

There's a reason the tiers expand based on the game's design as you go up.....to make you feel like progress can be maintained and is worth pursuing.  Anything you do early on to make progress feel slower will have a negative effect on new player engagement.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I couldn’t imagine starting this game now and looking at the 4* tier... still breaks my heart when I scroll through all those faded out 5* characters to see my Kitty still under 1000 shards.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    From a practical level, I wonder when the 4* tier should be closed up. 100 characters in a game like this is clunky. But I suspect the game couldn't sustain if it moved to a 5*/4ks cycle with just regular events in between.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could never restart this game........

Im annoyed trying to cover 5s as they come out. I never want to be in the 4* transition again especially now, considering how much that tier has grown. 

They really need to step up there game on helping players transition from Tier to Tier. Ya know, like for starters, having a feeder for every character in the game.
  • krakenoon
    Not that they would give us feeders for everyone, but even if they doubled up on all of the 3*s, which would further reduce rewards, I think we’d still be left with unfed 4s. If they start adding 3s, it will become harder and harder for new players to reach that first rung of being able to do every Dat Required.

Really feels like there is no recovery from the accelerated release schedule combined with dilution that was already present. Add to that any rewards adjustment moving forward will be trade-offs at best and they will eventually cut all new players of from ever filling out the roster. There may still be a few interested in just playing, but otherwise it will be whales and flex slot users.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    According to the Misty discription Cosmic Chaos is next after Webbed Wonder.  That's less than one month since the last time it was run.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

The entire point of the 1* tier is this exactly.  Give new players a thing to create the sensation of making progress immediately.  You can be starting on 2s within probably 1-2 weeks if not sooner of starting the game, and probably getting a decent spread on some of them.  Adding more 2s would dilute the pool and make your progress slower.

There's a reason the tiers expand based on the game's design as you go up.....to make you feel like progress can be maintained and is worth pursuing.  Anything you do early on to make progress feel slower will have a negative effect on new player engagement.

Well I am only talking about 4 extra 2* which I can't really see being a dealbreaker and would in fact help you out later on - more variety for the 2E also. However I can also see the other side.
  • krakenoon
    Update today, next week, or next month?
  • MrPlow
    krakenoon said:
    Update today, next week, or next month?
    Cosmic Chaos is the next PVE and Misty Knight is the next PVP after 3* Blade.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the devs need a community manager.....  Man the lack of anything is demoralizing. 

It doesn't hurt to come out every once in a while to chat about things going on behind the scenes, things coming in the future to get players excited. 

Even how is the dev team doing during this pandemic? Everyone safe and healthy? 

• MrPlow
    Looks like D3 screwed up in their description of Misty on their site.  Cosmic Chaos is not the next PVE.  The Hunt is the next PVE.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Placement rewards for The Hunt: The Hulk ( Bruce Banner), Agent Venom, Captain Marvel (3*)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Man and Banner both off rotation correct? And that is after having 4 Latest Essentials in a row, which is also off-pattern. New rotation going forward? Or a dartboard approach? I’d love some communication on this as there are a couple upcoming classics I was hoping to get shards for. 

Communication... yeah... cue the JJJ gif. 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Iron Man and Banner both off rotation correct? And that is after having 4 Latest Essentials in a row, which is also off-pattern. New rotation going forward? Or a dartboard approach? I’d love some communication on this as there are a couple upcoming classics I was hoping to get shards for. 

Communication... yeah... cue the JJJ gif. 
    i think the 4 latest schedule was to get back the shards that poccy was essential. I hope they do this when on releases where it's on a latest 5-star essential. As for the Iron Man, pretty sure it coincides with the Iron Man PS VR video game.
  • chf5868
    chf5868 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    So I have to ask a question... since upcoming events, rewards & boosted characters have to be worked out ahead of time to be inserted in the game, what seems to be the issue with taking the extra few minutes to publish them in upcoming events forum posts. Alot of my groups players like to plan ahead for these things & it's nice to know more than a day out about Alliance Events (assuming there will be any more?). A little thing like timely posts goes SO far to keeping many players happier.
  • DAZ0273
    R207 thread says Avengers v Ultron incoming.