Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: July, 2020 (Updated 7/28/20)

Comments

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I’ll second and go a step further @chf5868

Shouldn’t there be a script to grab these updates? At the very least a template that can be saved in a relevant file format so updates here aren’t really a time sink?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    • Secure your team’s spot at the top in the upcoming Avengers vs. Ultron Alliance Event!

Which is it?  Basilica or Ultron?

Also:

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Onslaught - Shards
    4-Star: New Character - Red, Purple, Black, Shards
    3-Star: Iron Man - Blue, Red, Yellow, Shards
    2-Star: Wolverine - Green, Yellow, Red

2 4's in a row!!!!!  

What world am I living in?  Is it 2019 again?  I can't tell with the pandemic.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Well that's just confusing.  If that's the case the rotation of characters is going to be messed up.  Someone, most likely Hellcat, will get the short stick.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Yelena shards coming again as well, I'll be able to finish her before she gets lost in the classics!
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2020
    bluewolf said:

2 4's in a row!!!!!  

What world am I living in?  Is it 2019 again?  I can't tell with the pandemic.
    I’m curious if this is to make up for the back to back 5s we had, or is this maybe going to be a new normal again? Who knows!!
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Fight For Wakanda (7/30/20) - 4 Day Event *New Update*

Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Yelena Belova
    4-Star: Hellcat
    3-Star: Kamala Khan
    2-Star: Storm

Isn't Yelena due out on 07/27/2020? and Killmonger rotates in?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    gravel said:
    Yelena shards coming again as well, I'll be able to finish her before she gets lost in the classics!
    Likewise, extremely glad to see this . 
  • MrPlow
    Any ideas what this means for the LL.  Does Yelena get another two weeks extra in LL. Or will they wait for Apoc and delay his exit for two weeks.  Either way Apoc should get two weeks extra.  Would be nice if the devs would clarify.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    MrPlow said:
    Any ideas what this means for the LL.  Does Yelena get another two weeks extra in LL. Or will they wait for Apoc and delay his exit for two weeks.  Either way Apoc should get two weeks extra.  Would be nice if the devs would clarify.
    I thought when someone came into LL was always based on when their special store ended, and not the PvE rewards. I fully expect Yelena will drop out of LL next week, and Poccy/Onslaught/Killmonger will get more time together than the “new normal”.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its a totally normal schedule and this is going to be the last one for yelena.  Apoc still has 2 weeks if nothing unusual happens. 
    Because being the top star devs could hold him a bit more. Maybe.
  • MrPlow
    I thought when someone came into LL was always based on when their special store ended, and not the PvE rewards. I fully expect Yelena will drop out of LL next week, and Poccy/Onslaught/Killmonger will get more time together than the “new normal”.
    It's just a little unclear because Yelena is featured in a PVE event again next week.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    It's usually 14 days after their Legendary Store closes. Killmonger's store ended 7/13/2020 at 0:00 EST. Which should put his entry into Latest Legends on 7/27/2020 at about 10:00 EST
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Thanks to sharding, I was able to get my first cover of Onslaught during the first event he was required. Hoping to do the same with Killmonger so I get the cover without spending LTs or CP on a 5* I'm not particularly chasing.
  • bluewolf
    Battle for Basilica confirmed. Double iso too!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot battle for basilica was a thing..... I had to search old forum posts to see what it was...... 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Double ISO is a pleasant surprise! I have 8 fully covered 4s left to champ, and that will help (9 after the event as Legion will be completed too) 
  • bluewolf
    No one has yes mentioned Banner coming as a 5E WAY off of the predicted schedule.

Have we left it behind at this point?  Is it completely random?  Some synergy with Empyre finally shipping?  The Avengers console game coming (sort of) soon?

Any insights @IceIX?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Man and Banner both off rotation correct? And that is after having 4 Latest Essentials in a row, which is also off-pattern. New rotation going forward? Or a dartboard approach? I’d love some communication on this as there are a couple upcoming classics I was hoping to get shards for. 

Communication... yeah... cue the JJJ gif. 
    I mentioned it. We thought Iron Man was due to some VR game (speculation), but it seems like everything is up in the air right now. I believe Thanos “ends the cycle” so if they were going to switch up the pattern it makes sense they’d do it now. Sucks for me as I JUST was able to figure out the pattern and what color HFH cover to expect for every 5* character lol. Maybe they don’t want us planning these things? I imagine uncertainty leads to more spending. “Meh, I can just wait for Kitty to be essential and champ her then” versus “Kitty just popped up in a special store and I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to cover her again!” (Speculation on my part). 
  • bluewolf
    Iron Man and Banner both off rotation correct? And that is after having 4 Latest Essentials in a row, which is also off-pattern. New rotation going forward? Or a dartboard approach? I’d love some communication on this as there are a couple upcoming classics I was hoping to get shards for. 

Communication... yeah... cue the JJJ gif. 
    I mentioned it. We thought Iron Man was due to some VR game (speculation), but it seems like everything is up in the air right now. I believe Thanos “ends the cycle” so if they were going to switch up the pattern it makes sense they’d do it now. Sucks for me as I JUST was able to figure out the pattern and what color HFH cover to expect for every 5* character lol. Maybe they don’t want us planning these things? I imagine uncertainty leads to more spending. “Meh, I can just wait for Kitty to be essential and champ her then” versus “Kitty just popped up in a special store and I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to cover her again!” (Speculation on my part). 
    I mean they could just be doing a theme of popular (in the general sense) Marvel characters....or something.  

Also, I suppose, having very long rotations is kind of counter-productive to when/if you should roster someone - if you can plan very specifically as to when you need a Classic 5, it weakens the argument to roster every single one you pull.  So maybe they will do a random mix of Classics now?  Or maybe they are grouping them into teams or something.

Nothing they have done lately makes me want to spend more money, by the way.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or they are just putting the worst 5s from classics on rotation to prevent too many people from covering the good ones. Like others have mentioned.