Are you down with some EOTS?

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
Same ol' rotation of PVE events. It's getting kinda boring/predictable/monotonous. anyone else ready for an enemy of the state run?

Are you down with some EOTS? 63 votes

Yes
65%
KolenceYasurushobi6669DeNappaMrBowersjordanixStevO-JLoosieZootSaxjreddMoosePrimehalirinpheregasTalestummyKrossDarqFeonixJackDeath666[Deleted User]Lilithrg72 41 votes
No
9%
wymtimeBlack Dukejp1658_2BadGeneralsaad 6 votes
I Hate 7 day events
14%
abmorazgrunth13rdvargas1LLohmbluewolfBorstockgarbanzoOmegasedMichael1957 9 votes
What's EOTS?
6%
Stranger DanCaptain_CarlmantupacboyBlixTheFrog 4 votes
This game has 7 day events??!!?
4%
xKOBALTxliminal_ladbowla33 3 votes

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes
    I'd love to see it, but I've said this before. It's been a long time since 7 day events and since they usually give you double the rewards I have a hard time see them had out a full 5* cover for progression in SCL 10.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We haven’t had a 7-day since SCL 10 went live; I’m really curious what that will look like rewards wise.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they would run it for new 5* release. So, you get 250 shards of the "replaced" 5* and new 5*.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they would run it for new 5* release. So, you get 250 shards of the "replaced" 5* and new 5*.
    7-days of hard grinding for new characters?  Doesn't sound great to me. But i am also not someone who grinds every day or every event anymore.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you can skip a couple of days and still get full progression?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I Hate 7 day events
    I just hit 119 tonight so I hope they don’t start one for at least two weeks when I can play it in SCL 10 and possibly get a full cover reward if that’s how they plan it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    I'd love to see it, but I've said this before. It's been a long time since 7 day events and since they usually give you double the rewards I have a hard time see them had out a full 5* cover for progression in SCL 10.
    They give "double the rewards" because they literally take up the time of two normal events. It's no different than getting a full 5* cover across two separate events, which already happens in the game.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That’d be awesome. My answer is it would depend on the rewards. But I guess we’d need it to run in order to know what they are. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I Hate 7 day events
    We haven’t had a 7-day since SCL 10 went live; I’m really curious what that will look like rewards wise.
    The last time we had a 7 day was Prodigal Sun on 12/26/19.

Before that was EotS on 9/5/19 (10 months ago).

The Hulk was last run 3/21/19, so 16 months ago.

There's also...Iso-8 Brotherhood (?)....I think that was the name....but it's not been run since they added 5E nodes to the game.

I don't see them running any of them any time soon.....maybe I'll be wrong.  They sometimes pull them out for the holidays when they are going to be out for a couple weeks (less events to set up etc before they leave).

This is true....however, many players play every day, of course (especially people posting on the forum).  :)

I don't really care to see EotS in the era of "here's a Heroic for playing this Infinite Ninja Wave" and SCL10, where it will take an excruciatingly long time, as far as I'm concerned.  

I'd prefer a completely new PVE over one of the old 7 days.  Or!  Redesign EoTS or the Hulk into 2-part events maybe?  7 days is just a long time to play one event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't we have a 4 day EOTS? With event tokens back of course.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    Options
     Unless they drastically change the point distribution, you can generally skip as many as 3 full days of a 7-day and still get max prog with 7/4 play on the final 4 subs. And if you are really optimal you might even be able to get max prog out of just the final 3 subs (especially if an earlier sub is 48 hours).  But trying to do that means optimal 7/4 grinding for many days in a row, which is decidedly not a casual experience, and thus not for me these days. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's an awesome idea.  I missed out on the gamibit shards that would have been enough to champ my gambit because they replaced his shards with Killmonger.  I would have loved a 7 day event where I could have gotten both shards.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes
    That's an awesome idea.  I missed out on the gamibit shards that would have been enough to champ my gambit because they replaced his shards with Killmonger.  I would have loved a 7 day event where I could have gotten both shards.

I also think it is a great idea.  Should become the standard when a new five is up.  
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What's EOTS?
    I originally voted "What's EOTS?", but then I saw it was for Enemy of the State and felt all stupid.  

But yeah, a 7-day event would be alright, I guess.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes
    Also like the idea of using 7 day events to give both new 5* shards and shards for the five being skipped over.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes
    Let’s have some more 7 day events! 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes
    Aww, yiss! I wouldn't mind Hulk or ISO-8 Bros, but EoTS really deserves more time in the rotation.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No
    I am I am saying no because of the wave nodes in Eots.  Playing those wave nodes in CL10 would take forever.  You might be looking at a 90 min close and a 70 min open
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No
    The poll is slighty oriented towards not having it.
    Yes I will play it of course and adding more rewards. After all challenge nodes must be added to.
    More iso, mighty tokens, or maybe smalls 5* shards, and I will be satisfied.