(Suggestion) change rewards base on Score

Options
2»

Comments

• greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kalazan said:
    Anyone got same situation with me that lost some point just because of careless moves?.. 😂
    I lost out on top spot in seize the day the other day because I forgot to cast another creature.  Finished with 178/180 and finished 71st.
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    critman said:
    Kalazan said:
    Anyone got same situation with me that lost some point just because of careless moves?.. 😂
    I lost out on top spot in seize the day the other day because I forgot to cast another creature.  Finished with 178/180 and finished 71st.
    It's so much worse when this happens because of a bug or a freeze though...
    Been there too!!

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some great points here!!

I'm definitely on board with better rewards for near perfect players.  Sometimes it isn't even their fault, the opportunity never presented itself to complete the objective.

Maybe greater rewards for progression and less for rank?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some great points here!!

I'm definitely on board with better rewards for near perfect players.  Sometimes it isn't even their fault, the opportunity never presented itself to complete the objective.

Maybe greater rewards for progression and less for rank?
    And @bken1234 said 
    Progression should go to 100%. Everyone would get rewarded for the effort they put in.
    The only fair solution is progression to full points with decent rewards closer to perfect scores. 
    Wouldn’t that just be Story-mode, if prizes were just progression?

I’m onboard with more story-mode, but it seems that the rave is all about “social” gaming, so that is where the focus is from D3/Octagon. Funnily enough, MTGPQ has almost zero social gaming functionality implemented in the app. (To clarify; I see the events generally as PvP since many of them are just that, while Story mode is PvE, but of course there are variations)

I would love an MTGPQ app that also focused on Story mode because then the stress of the events(cascades, bugs, repetitive events) would be significantly reduced.
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Stormcrow said:
    So, here's an idea I've been pondering, I can see some benefits but also some potential downsides so I was curious how people would feel about it: what about open-ended objectives? What I mean is, right now, all the objectives are completely binary, On/Off, either you did it, or you didn't do it. What if, instead of say "Cast 4 creatures", it was just "+1 point: Cast 2 creatures" and the more creatures you cast, the more points you got, totally open-ended. Cast 200 creatures in a single fight, get +100 points for that secondary objective. Just for an example, numbers totally made up.

On the upside, it would dramatically reduce (if not completely eliminate) ties, and encourage some much more creative deckbuilding, instead of just adding a couple of cards to hit the objectives into your usual boring deck. On the downside, it might make individual games drag on a lot longer and encourage a lot of infinite-combo-type shenanigans. Like I said, I'm not even sure how I feel about the idea myself, so I'm curious to see what other folks think.
    Hmm, that is an interesting idea.

The issue I can see with this is it greatly limits the types of objectives that can be used.

Only ones I can think of are:
    Cast/Summon something
    Deal damage in 1 turn
    Get cards in graveyard/exile

Maybe a couple others that aren't quite as open ended?  (deal damage to creatures, draw cards, gain life?)

Also I think that would really reduce deck diversity instead of increase it, since everyone would be running the same token loop deck for a summon creature objective, for example.  Only so many ways to maximize it.
    Maybe we could use this kind of objective only for individual events? It's worth a try anyway, even if it's just to see whether it works or not