Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrPlow said:
    Is it unusual not to have a new 4* as progression reward for the season.  I figured Hellcat would be a shoein for progression reward instead it's Spiderman 2099.
    There's a more thorough response in THIS thread, but the short version is that her release cycle wasn't over at the end of the season (her PVP was during the off-season), so she didn't rotate into tokens at the start of the new season, which means she's not in the typical season rewards. Spidey 2099 was picked to fill the gap. So she won't be eligible to be the "new 4* in season progression" until NEXT season. Just happens to be the way the dominoes fell this time.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:

Yep, there's no way they could have avoided that.  Other than maybe releasing her before Apocalypse...
    In a magical world where development cycles don't exist and that was actually a viable solution, sure.

Of course, that's making the erroneous assumption that it needs to be avoided in the first place. This has happened numerous times over the years, and is not the end of the world or something that needs fixing. Totally not something worth getting sour grapes over.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    jamesh said:

Yep, there's no way they could have avoided that.  Other than maybe releasing her before Apocalypse...
    In a magical world where development cycles don't exist and that was actually a viable solution, sure.

Of course, that's making the erroneous assumption that it needs to be avoided in the first place. This has happened numerous times over the years, and is not the end of the world or something that needs fixing. Totally not something worth getting sour grapes over.
    The difference is that now the new character release schedule is synchronised with the PVP season schedule.  If they continue the 4/5/4/5/... release schedule, then the next 4* character will be finishing up it's release events after the current season ends, and the same for the one after that.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey any idea what the next PVE is? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, that's a really good vault: Girls to the Front

200 Kitty shards
    100 5* shards of each of the following characters: Okoye, Hela, Captain Marvel, Storm
    1 LT
    8 Mighty Tokens
    10 Elite Tokens
    R3 Carol Corps Support
    5 Beginner Support
    3 four star covers: Gamora, Wasp, Medusa
    8 female three star covers

Cost
    1x 300 HP
    10x 2850 HP
    40x 11250 HP
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Hey any idea what the next PVE is? 
    Venom Bomb with Yelena, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man (and Thor). 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Most Wanted - Rocket and Groot Versus Event (5-31-2020)  *New Update*

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Medusa - Yellow, Shards
    3-Star: Rocket and Groot - Green, Shards
    2-Star: Ares - Yellow
    1-Star: Iron Man - Blue 

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Cable - Shards
    4-Star: Wiccan - Yellow, Shards
    3-Star: Captain America - Yellow, Red, Shards
    2-Star: Human Torch - Green, Red, Black

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Captain America - Yellow, Shards
    2-Star: Human Torch - Green, Red
  • gemstony85Joey
    gemstony85Joey Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Dat Required Character for 6/1 - 6/5:

6/1: Blade
    6/2: Mystique
    6/3: Rocket & Groot
    6/4: Gamora
    6/5: Luke Cage
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    When does Havok leave latest? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    When does Havok leave latest? 
    Should be today, in a couple hours or so.
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2020
    Should we start our own June "Sneak Peek" thread or wait to see if @IceIX posts one.....?

Since Wiccan is coming in PVP rewards, it appears we are about to enter the unofficial, official, Pride Month run of PVPs.  Wiccan, Daken, Deadpool, Nico, Karolina, Iceman, Mystique, Loki. America are all likely to be run.  I might be missing a couple.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    By Tuesday or Wednesday probably.
  • bluewolf
    By Tuesday or Wednesday probably.
    I have to say, I admire your optimism.  The May Sneak Peek has not been touched in 25 days.  I guess we can wait and see, since we can't really add any events until they show up in game anyway.

The next event is probably either Unstable Iso-8 or Cosmic Chaos for the new 5's PVE release.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is a new 5* confirmed?
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is a new 5* confirmed?

It'll be a 5.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wiccan seems out of expected order for PVP 4* rewards.  I wonder if this is meant to be some kind of tie in for the Empyre event in the comics?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my answer, opened up the app and boom, Havok is gone.

I wish they would give us a calendar or some type of visual aid telling us deals, characters entering the game etc.