Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won't they trigger Bishop and CapWorthy if you gain too many teamup ap? I can imagine iHulk triggers his green passive, Bishop gains 5 blue ap, and then iHulk destroys green basic tiles, then he gains another 5 blue ap.  The same goes to CapWorthy. 4-8 CD tiles and Hawkeye's team gains tons of red and blue aps. The above scenario, of course, depends on the levels between your teams and their teams.

Those who champed Apocalypse have it good in this PvE.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Aren't they some of the most hated teams in 5* PvPs? Who else were they teamed up with? 

What's next for Day 2 and Day 3? Britty? Okoye/iHulk?  :D
    5* node is 4*Cap 5*Hawkeye Wolfsbane
    4* node is Bishop Iceman Agent Venom
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    I love Simulator (pve), it's the one event that's regularly-ish updated with newer characters, and at that on semi-meta teams. It's the closest PVE thing to what we see in 5* pick-3 pvp (though of course jacked up to silly levels in SCL10). I'm also fully expecting an iHulk or Apocalypse challenging node or 5e node either this time or next.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    So what are the best routes for those 2 nodes for people not in 5* land yet.

P.S. Also no Kraven.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think it is too early this time but yeah, that is definitely coming!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    krakenoon said:
    So what are the best routes for those 2 nodes for people not in 5* land yet.

P.S. Also no Kraven.
    Play low and use some decent 4s?  People in 5 land have it the worst with match dmg triggers, but it depends on which SCL you pick and all that.

No one is speed clearing this mess.  (OK, maybe those who whaled Apocalypse will.)
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    So far, I just took Storm’s beatings with Rockernaut. Similar tale with Carbusa against Kraven. I used Strange and 3* Marvel vs. WorthyHawk.

So far, I’ve gotten 4 clears on the 2e node. The others are @ 1 or 2 clears and they are still way expensive on health packs. I guess I could take a note from the new ST and just whales, but it’s a bit time consuming and I imagine there are better methods.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its crazy the difficulty on simulator. I cleared all but 4* and 5*  after 3 hours and half passed and Im ranked over 45! Lol I love it.
    It would be nice if others pves were updated a bit. It would be really nice instead of the boring dark avengers tough. 
    Also I never thought that werewolf would beat me some day.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 hours? That's too long for SCL 7.  

Here are the common 3* teams:

IM40 and Dr Strange (boosted).

Switch/Iron Fist/Luke Cage

AP feeder: Hulk,  Captain Marvel, Kamala Khan, Thor

How's your Karnak? I think you got him decently covered?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh joy - Trial by Combat.

FURIOUS CHARGE!!!!!!!!
  • DaSal
    DaSal Posts: 76 Match Maker
    This thread has really gone off topic
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:

FURIOUS CHARGE!!!!!!!!
    Get ready for your key AP to be depleted by the AI JUST as you are about to fire the power. And for AIs passive colour or already low colors to be depleted when you use it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    DAZ0273 said:

FURIOUS CHARGE!!!!!!!!
    Get ready for your key AP to be depleted by the AI JUST as you are about to fire the power. And for AIs passive colour or already low colors to be depleted when you use it.
    This could be an interesting one with everyone running BRB all the fricking time.

AI might use Shulk green instead of BRB which, while annoying, won't hurt you.  And there's a decent chance the AI won't fire Clash of the Worthy at all, or very rarely, and use Shulk's blue to give you some of the protects.

Looking forward to this one.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 hours? That's too long for SCL 7.  

How's your Karnak? I think you got him decently covered?
    Scl10.  Karnak is great. Champed and I use him often. 
    But maria is buffed and more covered and she is a beast here. Firing 2 best intentions and matching 2 traps deal 25000 damage.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Please add more 4* characters into the pvp rotation. Just tired of the 3s.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trial By Combat - She-Hulk Versus Event (5-28-2020)  *New Update*

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Maria Hill - Blue, Shards
    3-Star: She-Hulk - Green, Shards
    2-Star: Daken - Blue
    1-Star: Iron Man - Yellow 

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Black Widow - Shards
    4-Star: Medusa - Red, Shards
    3-Star: Rocket & Groot - Green, Blue, Shards
    2-Star: Ares - Red, Yellow, Green

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Rocket & Groot - Green, Shards
    2-Star: Ares - Red, Yellow

(Interesting side note: If 3* Grocket PvP is next, it will lock out the 4* version during their boost week. Rejoice or lament accordingly.)
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    In 4* I fought fire with fire . (Actually ice ).  I out Bishoped the AI Bishop with Okoye/ Bishop . Then it’s a stun trade off a few rounds until Iceman is out. 
    In 5* same thing , used my own Hammerhawk, let AI trigger first damage Worthy response 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Trial By Combat - She-Hulk Versus Event (5-28-2020)  *New Update*

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Maria Hill - Blue, Shards
    3-Star: She-Hulk - Green, Shards
    2-Star: Daken - Blue
    1-Star: Iron Man - Yellow 

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Black Widow - Shards
    4-Star: Medusa - Red, Shards
    3-Star: Rocket & Groot - Green, Blue, Shards
    2-Star: Ares - Red, Yellow, Green

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Rocket & Groot - Green, Shards
    2-Star: Ares - Red, Yellow

(Interesting side note: If 3* Grocket PvP is next, it will lock out the 4* version during their boost week. Rejoice or lament accordingly.)
    It'll only suck for me for clearing seed teams since Rocket and Juggs is my main team for that. So, people will lose a boosted Rocket for their Gritty and Rocket/Juggs teams but they get a solid alternative with Rogue and Moon Knight or hell even Coulson. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get a Bishop nerf or rework already????? A 4 star with a 5 star power level. Come on already! 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Is it unusual not to have a new 4* as progression reward for the season.  I figured Hellcat would be a shoein for progression reward instead it's Spiderman 2099.