Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    I think they put Havok in up front to give him a final chance as an essential, maybe.  Yelena follows and I assume iHulk will come last in the Latest 5s lineup.

I feel like the Sneak Peek is going to become a player-run thing moving forwards.

Venom Bomb should be the next PVE after Simulator since it's next in the lineup and fits in nicely as a 4 day after Sim as a 3 day.

Urgh, wish I didn't need to get those Havok shards.......thanks, RNG, for leaving me with 4 saved blues.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I'm really disappointed that another 5 seems to be the next new release. It would be one thing if they made a 5* cover available every pve, but until that happens, this ever-increasing  cheapskate money grab is not cool.
  • bluewolf
    OJSP said:
    Pretty sure Havok was essential too the in the last Simulator and the event was rough.. 
    Correct; I went to 9 for that run because I figured I'd get Havok from pulls.  Now I sort of wish I'd at least played it in 10 for progression so I'd be able to finish him off from shards alone.  Mine is 4/3/5 with 4 saved blues.....don't want to pull for him with Apocalypse coming.
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    I would also have liked the SCL10 Havok shards... but I am not doing Simulator at SCL10.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Pretty sure Havok was essential too the in the last Simulator and the event was rough.. 
    Yep; Havok’s first essential was Simulator on 4/2. And I think iHulk was maybe skipped to fix the fact that he went twice in a row pretty quickly, on 4/26 and then three events later on 5/6. But who knows. Now that they’re speeding up 5s, the order of Essentials might be out of whack for a bit. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Legion was a great series although it probably would have been both more enjoyable and understandable under the influence of illegal hallucinogens. 

**Mod note: Added spoiler tag. Please be courteous and use the spoiler tag function. - fight4thedream

I like ProfX in that , the solution was very ProfX-like 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    4* Grocket is boosted for Simulator.  Should make it more tolerable for Gritty people like me.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    What's going on with María Hill? Coming in progress rewards recently everywhere! 
  • bluewolf
    Mayo said:
    What's going on with María Hill? Coming in progress rewards recently everywhere! 
    1.  PVE 4* rewards, of course, follows LLLVV, and she's a Latests, and so here she is.  I think we had Karnak, then Skrullo, then the release for Hellcat, and so Maria is up.
    2.  PVP 4* rewards proceed alphabetically, and it's her time to be there (last was Magik).

So what we have is a coincidence......OR are they trying to make us like her more?  Only Demiurge knows for sure.....
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    Mayo said:
    1.  PVE 4* rewards, of course, follows LLLVV, and she's a Latests, and so here she is.  I think we had Karnak, then Skrullo, then the release for Hellcat, and so Maria is up.
    2.  PVP 4* rewards proceed alphabetically, and it's her time to be there (last was Magik).

So what we have is a coincidence......OR are they trying to make us like her more?  Only Demiurge knows for sure.....
    My problem is that María is progress rewards for webbed Wonder AND simulator...
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @Mayo

Maria was placement for WW. Normal progression is featured in placement, then progression.

Now, if your argument is Maria is lackluster, I’d have to agree there.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if Support tokens will update tomorrow? Come on, Widow's Batons...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

Maria Hill's powers aren't too bad when controlled by a human.  Her strike tiles hit hard, and it is not too difficult to avoid the downside.

She's the epitome of what many players seem to want: decent in the hands of a human, and commits suicide in the hands of the AI.

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Women of Marvel - Versus Event (5-26-2020)  *New Update*

Another new event, I think?
    Not new, but they either didn't do it last year or this year during Women's month. It's got its own bugs in the first run (one of the first threads that I made in the forum).
    Oh Joy , a boosted Kitty/ Okoye/ JJ event 
    Wasp/Cap M4rvel/Medusa is pretty awful as well. I should have bailed after that initial cascade that gave Wasp the 6 blue she needed. : (

Okoye/Valkyrie/W4sp is tearing up everyone for me . 
  • Michael1957
    MrPlow said:
    4* Grocket is boosted for Simulator.  Should make it more tolerable for Gritty people like me.
    Not only that, but a boosted Skrull with him is going to really jack up the special tiles , probably by 400, every time they fire off a power at you . Throw in Gamora’s black and it should be an easy team to win with 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I swear to God the devs hate us.  The first round of Simulator is brutal.  Particularly the 5* with 4*Cap and 5*Hawkeye and 4* node with Bishop.  I'm taking this event off.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrPlow said:
    I swear to God the devs hate us.  The first round of Simulator is brutal.  Particularly the 5* with 4*Cap and 5*Hawkeye and 4* node with Bishop.  I'm taking this event off.
    I can tell you one thing. You know what's NOT going to make it better? Coming to the forums and claiming the devs hate us.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aren't they some of the most hated teams in 5* PvPs? Who else were they teamed up with? 

What's next for Day 2 and Day 3? Britty? Okoye/iHulk?  :D
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    MrPlow said:
    If you can wade through the first round or two, they level up enough that their thresholds get high enough that it's easier.
  • Michael1957
    Aren't they some of the most hated teams in 5* PvPs? Who else were they teamed up with? 

What's next for Day 2 and Day 3? Britty? Okoye/iHulk?  :D
    I know I’m trying Hulkoye first shot , hoping for heavy green boards