Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    Because it gives Hellcat and Friends tokens rather than Meet Rocket and Groot tokens, right? They can't give tokens for a vault that is not there yet.

Edit: just re-read the post and it just says release vault so that might be wrong. Hope it is for and friends which I count as an improvement.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Because it gives Hellcat and Friends tokens rather than Meet Rocket and Groot tokens, right? They can't give tokens for a vault that is not there yet.

Edit: just re-read the post and it just says release vault so that might be wrong. Hope it is for and friends which I count as an improvement.
    You can see the in game preview right now. It shows that the progression rewards include a token for the “Hellcat and Friends” vault. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I see it! A decent chunk of iso there too.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cat Outta Hell - Hellcat Versus Event (5-24-2020)  *New Update*
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Hellcat - Purple, Shards
    3-Star: Squirrel Girl- Purple, Shards
    2-Star: Hawkeye - Purple
    1-Star: Venom - Bla... nope, it's PURPLE 

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Black Bolt - Shards
    4-Star: Magik - Red, Shards
    3-Star: Kamala Khan - Green, Yellow, Shards
    2-Star: Wolverine - Red, Yellow, Green

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Kamala Khan - Green, Shards
    2-Star: Wolverine - Red, Yellow
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    The sandbox (har har) nature of the Hellcat SHIELD training means I can let my kids play without messing up my placement!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    It would be nice if DarthD would start his own forum or website since he’s the only one doing updates anymore 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice if DarthD would start his own forum or website since he’s the only one doing updates anymore 
    I don't get paid enough for that. Or at all, for that matter. 😋
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    We haven't had a Prodigal Sun since 12/26/2019 but I'm wondering if they might have retired it.

If we're in a repeating pattern, after Webbed Wonder we'll have:
    Simulator Challenge
    Venom Bomb
    Unstable Iso-8
    The Hunt
    Infinite Pursuit
    Hearts of Darkness
    Strange Sights
    Deadpool vs MPQ
    Fight for Wakanda
    Cosmic Chaos
    Thick As Thieves
    Lost in Time

But it's rare that the pattern repeats exactly. Back in December, Simulator followed Webbed Wonder, then in January Thick as Thieves followed it, then in April it was SImulator again. Since we just had TaT I doubt it's that and Simulator makes the most sense.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    DarthDeVo said:
    I don't get paid enough for that. Or at all, for that matter. 😋
    You should at least have your own thread where you can update the OP. 

Then we could ask Fight to sticky it. 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    I feel I need to give a shout out to Helix72 too, the events rotation helps me!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also seems Webbed Wonder has its own vault rather than giving tokens to the Hellcat and Friends vault.
  • bluewolf
    jamesh said:
    It also seems Webbed Wonder has its own vault rather than giving tokens to the Hellcat and Friends vault.
    That is the case.  Also, the wave node isn’t giving vault tokens. 

My guess is they changed the old system because the WtS event rewards vault tokens now. 
  • Rebel
    Rebel Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I think we get a new update in June! 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Woohoo, then we can go a month without another one :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    When does new season start? I would imagine we would get an update for that, so should be before June?
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:
    When does new season start? I would imagine we would get an update for that, so should be before June?
    Why though?  What's the difference?  The devs don't seem to care one way or the other about sneaking any peeks anymore.

Anyway, it starts Thursday, May 27, in 2 days.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why though?  What's the difference?  The devs don't seem to care one way or the other about sneaking any peeks anymore.

Anyway, it starts Thursday, May 27, in 2 days.

What's the difference to who? To the Devs, the difference should be that they still want to promote their game and the start of a new season seems the ideal time to do that by given players an idea of what is coming up. To the players - the difference is that this thread is a small link to the idea that the Devs value their Community.

But I guess you are not wrong.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Rebel said:
    I think we get a new update in June! 

Why even bother now ? 70% of the month we’re flying blind . I’ve accepted the fact we’re mostly on our own