A power I'd like to see

Wyntre
Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
So we have characters that hurt themselves (Maria Hill, Ares, Dakens, Hulkbuster, Kate Bishop) and characters that hurt everyone else on their team (Hulks, Sentry, Thanoses, Ragnarok).

It's time for someone who can save these idiots from themselves.  (We have a lot of Steve Rogers running around MPQ, or I'd suggest having it be him and calling it "Taking All the Stupid" to reference the "You're taking all the stupid with you" quote).

Basically, it's someone pulling the rest of the team back from friendly fire/suicide.  It would have to be carefully tested so as not to accidentally create a broken team, but done carefully and with a high cost or requirement, it could be an interesting addition.

It shouldn't become a *common* powerset--more like Quake, who I think is the only person who protects the team from enemy team damage.  I do think it would be a five star power, but I'm not sure who I would give it to.  If there's ever a five-star Nick Fury, maybe he'd be a candidate?

As a side note, I'd also like to see someone with mind control forcing the opposing team to fire powers against itself--again, with a high cost, but how wicked would that be?

Comments

• Bigbrothad7
    Bigbrothad7 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    ...also include level 4 Eddie Brock on characters who hurt the team. And a good character candidate for mind powers to hurt the opponent team should be level 5 Xavier or Phonix which I think are at this point 2 of the weakest level fives.
  • Wyntre
    Wyntre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I like Phoenix for it.  She does need an overhaul.  Xavier's pretty good as a five star, I think--he's versatile.  Low health but damage reduction.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    The Purple Man AKA Kilgrave would be great for making people cast on their own team. Maybe 14 cost, in purple, makes the target cast the highest cost ability they have that they also have the ap for? It'd be hard to code and very situational though so not super likely or practical. Maybe a count down title that causes any enemy ability cast during it's duration to be cast targeting the enemy the tile targeted would be more practical?
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    The Purple Man AKA Kilgrave would be great for making people cast on their own team. Maybe 14 cost, in purple, makes the target cast the highest cost ability they have that they also have the ap for? It'd be hard to code and very situational though so not super likely or practical. Maybe a count down title that causes any enemy ability cast during it's duration to be cast targeting the enemy the tile targeted would be more practical?
    I would love to see Kilgrave added to the roster. I think you're right about the coding unless a creative workaround is used. Maybe I'll put some thought into that and make a suggestion in the speculations and concepts thread. Thanks for the idea.