Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Why are the dev's communicating on discord about the pve problem being held at the same time? Isnt this the official place to do it? 
    what's the discord channel ? Can you post a link ? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kletvar said:
    Why are the dev's communicating on discord about the pve problem being held at the same time? Isnt this the official place to do it? 
    what's the discord channel ? Can you post a link ? 
    https://discord.gg/U9mHcM

Anyone is welcome but do not expect to be “in the know” as far as dev communication since they do not post there. This was a rare exception, I guess because of the rare circumstance.  
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Curious to know what's in between Thick as Thieves event and the Apocalypse boss event in particular the 5* shard rewards.  Thick gives 5* Apoc in placement but Apoc boss gives it in progression according to the Apocalypse thread.
  • bluewolf
    I realize some information about upcoming events is on the Apocalypse thread, but it would still be very nice to get an update to the sneak peek so we had some clear information about what to expect, who will be essential, and things of that nature.  
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    IceIX said:

Thick As Thieves (5/7/20) - 4 Day Event 

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Apocalypse - Shards

Lost In Time (5/11/20) - 3 Day Event 

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Apocalypse - Shards
    Is this correct? 2 PvE Events with Apocalypse Shards?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perfect Storm, Storm ... Modern? The 1 Star?
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Really hope Sinister gets one last event before Yelena slides into latest. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I had Drax (The Destroyer) down for the next Crash after Iron Fist, but its Nick Fury (Director ..) - wonder if Drax has been moved to the T's instead?
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Their alphabetizing appears to keep "The"s. Various incarnations of The Hulk are in the Ts.
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2020
    Their alphabetizing appears to keep "The"s. Various incarnations of The Hulk are in the Ts.
    Indeed.  Unless this is a change (I have no recollection) it would be expected for Drax to be showing up in the Ts, so in about a year-ish.

Sorry, Drax fans!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    thats not really correct - Crash order is derived by their sub-name, and The Hulk (The Main Event) came after StarLord (Legendary Outlaw) and before Moon Knight ( Marc Spector) in the previous go around.

theres actually not many characters with The in the sub-name. 

I mean it doesnt really matter one way or the other, just seems like a change from the regular.
  • axmoss
    @IceIX

Will there be an update for Sunday's pve start? Or is it more of the same (update after the start)? 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Don’t worry. Each of the 1cp rewards for beating apocalypse will have been replaced by 1 apocalypse shard. Guaranteed progression: it’s what the player base has been crying out for. 

We’ve waited a long time to see the updated reward structure in the Post-CL10 boss events and this is what we get... I’m struggling to understand why that took more than 20 seconds of anyone’s time to sort out. What an anticlimax. 

On the other hand, the policy of not answering questions or engaging in discussion on areas that they don’t like is working wonders for d3/Demi. The forums have become so disillusioned that the level of complaining is waaaaaay down. Win win for them. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    I think not commenting on things that the players in this forum dislike a lot is a better option. Based on past histories (in the last 2+ years) of them answering questions in the forum, the players here have, most of the time, proven that they can't accept their explanations of why certain things happened a certain way. I can pull a lot of past q&a answered by the dev and things rarely ends on good terms. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    So they changed like, 3 progression rewards, that's it? Maybe they have changed up the actual round rewards or something because otherwise is doesn't really seem a huge change. Guess we will wait and see. If this is it though seems a bit bizarre Boss Events have been gone so long.
  • axmoss
    DAZ0273 said:
    So they changed like, 3 progression rewards, that's it? Maybe they have changed up the actual round rewards or something because otherwise is doesn't really seem a huge change. Guess we will wait and see. If this is it though seems a bit bizarre Boss Events have been gone so long.
    They didn't change the Alliance Round rewards either. Rounds 2-5 still 3* cover, 4-7 4* covers, and 8 is still one Legendary token (apoc's store).