Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Without those hazard tiles, Fight for Wakanda will be just like other PvEs.

I think FFW has great concept and  it is challenging. Unfortunately, it garnered a lot of hates. 
    It was perfectly fine as long as you could use Quake on the one sub event.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also didn't help in FFW that Nico was featured at least twice that event (including her first time featured), which meant you were always donating buffed shield tiles to the AI during Day 2, when you didn't necessarily have any way to counter them (particularly for the loaner node, back when you always had a team of the featured 2*, 3* & 4*).

I enjoyed the flavor of the event personally, but even though I am non-competitive I completely understand why this event drove the more competitive folks up the wall.
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Wakanda pve : I remember that players would drop down a level bc cl9&8 was very difficult. I wonder how difficult would it be now on cl10.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they could have left a node per sub with hazard tiles just to keep some flavor.

As is, this has become a very standard PVE, but at least it'll be fast to play.  But it is a different event, so that's nice.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    I actually liked FFW event as it was but it was HARD! Can't imagine touching it at lvl 10 o.O
  • bluewolf
    @IceIX
    @LakeStone
    @Demiurge_[bagman]

Did you actually intend to run a 3 day Cosmic Chaos starting 5/3 that overlaps with the final day of FFW and leaves us with a day with no PVE to play?

Because that's what is in game right now, the preview is up and join-able and the event (for Slice 1) ends Wednesday at 7 AM EDT.  Which would mean I need to somehow play two subs at the same time and have nothing to do as far as PVE for at least 24 hours.

I assume this is a bug.  Not sure if anyone is paying attention on the weekends and can fix this.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    If not fixed tomorrow I will need to play FFW final stage, cosmic chaos first one, and the final slice of pvp. I dont know from where I will find the time.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    They were too busy pushing out 5s back to back rather than looking at the calendar
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    @IceIX
    @LakeStone
    @Demiurge_[bagman]

Did you actually intend to run a 3 day Cosmic Chaos starting 5/3 that overlaps with the final day of FFW and leaves us with a day with no PVE to play?

Because that's what is in game right now, the preview is up and join-able and the event (for Slice 1) ends Wednesday at 7 AM EDT.  Which would mean I need to somehow play two subs at the same time and have nothing to do as far as PVE for at least 24 hours.

I assume this is a bug.  Not sure if anyone is paying attention on the weekends and can fix this.
    Uh, having a day without PvE is the thing I'm least concerned about. 

Unless I go off slice, somehow I'm gonna need to grind the close of sub 3 of FFW, do the opening clear of sub 4 while delaying the opening clear of CC (or delay the opening clear of the final sub of FFW to get the initial clear of CC sub 1 done).

Then the next night, I'd either have to do the final grind of FFW early so I could *also* get the final grind of CC sub 1 finished, or do final grind for CC early so I could then also finish final grind of FFW.

None of those options are great, so I'll likely go off slice for CC.

Unbelievable. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are they purposefully denying Immortal Hulk shards? I mean, hopefully we’ll get them the event following the boss. Thankfully, my weird work schedule means I had to choose an alternate slice anyway. Wait, wait, wait. Did that wrong. Ahem. <rage> Tgese mistapase at bad, an angry, quit, BLAAAAARGH!</rage>. Too bad Havok is leaving so much earlier. Would you please, please put in delays of some kind? 3 week instead of 2? Skip every third week? Do that rework thing and give it new release treatment?
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    And looks like they were able to fix it. Thanks!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Are they purposefully denying Immortal Hulk shards? I mean, hopefully we’ll get them the event following the boss. 
    We don't even know that's what's happening.

The first time was planned (Yelena's release event being Immortal Hulk's first Essential, giving her shards instead of his, it's been that way for 5's since Shards came out, that's purposeful).

The second time is speculation. We don't even know it's going to happen yet. Given that they haven't run a boss event since shards were added to events, we have no idea what exactly the boss event is going to do in terms of progression or round rewards. I'm not even completely sure why people assume that it might deny 5* shards. We literally don't know. (totally reasonable to ask the question to clarify, and to be anxious because they have the communication skills of a tree stump, but being upset about denied shards is getting ahead of ourselves for the moment)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Usually the 5E that was due for a boss event would just be pushed to the next event. That is what I expect to happen here, with iHulk the 5E for next week's pve.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Usually the 5E that was due for a boss event would just be pushed to the next event. That is what I expect to happen here, with iHulk the 5E for next week's pve.
    Except, I just thought, the other thing lately is new 5 shards being in progression after first availability, replacing the 5e that event.
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Why are the dev's communicating on discord about the pve problem being held at the same time? Isnt this the official place to do it? 
  • bluewolf
    Why are the dev's communicating on discord about the pve problem being held at the same time? Isnt this the official place to do it? 
    But.... they also posted on the forum at the same time!
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82273/d3-is-killing-me#latest

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    zodiac339 said:
    Except, I just thought, the other thing lately is new 5 shards being in progression after first availability, replacing the 5e that event.
    Ugh yeah that is ugly. And twice to iHulk seems almost deliberate. Especially since they changed the order on the 5Es to make iHulk next rather than Havok. iHulk is supposed to be 3rd, after Sinister.
  • Febreze15
    Febreze15 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I hope there’s a LONG gap between now and the next 5... hardly any hulk events for shards