Doom and 3rd powers

Options
2»

Comments

• Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    Doom was one of the first characters i tried to level up... But once patch came along i kinda neglected him... He really is underestimated.... Its alotta fun playing with him
  • Ok now y'all have to stop saying that. Everyone poopoo'd when I said it, and then I got adjusted to the idea that it meant more tourney wins for me. And I'm not willing to let that dream go.

So, Doctor Doom sucks everyone, carry on!
  • If dakan got a 3rd ability I almost guarantee it comes with him having his heal neutered to be similar to 2* wolverine. His damage on his tiles would be either nerfed or would be at least nerfed so that they stayed the same damage after adding levels to him. So he goes up and down if he gets a new power.

Doom, he could probably afford a decent green power without anything being nerfed (beyond a nerf to black to keep the damage in line with what it does currently at max). His black is hardly out of line and his blue is decent at best really..especially since now ppl would be possibly running him with less than 5 blue. 7k+ hp plus his black alone would make him pretty nice. A new nifty ability like some of the trap based one I and some others have outlined would make me go from "viable" to "good." Since I built one up to 100 for lr a looong time ago, and I like doom, I would be happy with that. Mag+doom+yellow would be great.
  • So I gave this some thought.

Doom: purple nuke. Destroys purple tiles and does dmg for each one. No AP gain.

Loki: creates green countdown which creates 4 random special tiles, 2 for each team. (Eg strike and protection).

Daken: needs another passive. Green scaling % of Cleave dmg. It's only his matches which would do it in the same way as OBW. Eg at 5 he would cleave 15% of his match dmg to rest of enemy team.

Jugs: strike tiles. Passive black. Every time he takes 15% dmg he creates 1 black strike tile. Synergy with head butt.

Rags: yellow nuke. Creates red tiles. So he's like a backwards Thor.

Venom : green, eats web tiles to heal self.

Mbw: black skill can't decide, I think some kind of tile manipulation. Probably creating purple from basic.

I can't bring myself to do classic hawk or silly yelena.

Skills should be released in a new prologue mission campaign but obviously only 1 of each. They'd make a lot of HP I think with people wanting to buy the extra covers rather than then collecting from tokens etc.

(Massive update would be required but it's likely to be the only time you'd see all those rewards leading to covers etc. would be a good way to get them out).
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Choo choo...all aboard the Doom train!

Totally agree with the Victor love ITT. I was on the fence with him, but after he was buffed in the last Simulator and I dumped enough ISO into him to get him up to level 65, I became a believer.

Maybe some sort of passive with protect tiles, possibly explained by him using Doombots as cannon fodder?
  • SandsTheMan
    Options
    You'll get a third... When they release gold version doom. An extra roster slot and infinite luck is all you'll need to max him out!