6*s are they now inevitable?

Options
2»

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The game already has a 6* tier in the bosses, they just aren’t playable. They just need to give us ways to earn them and that can be the next carrot. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6*s are long overdue IMO.
    Bring them on.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @JHawkInc

As much as i agree and understand, that same story and principle can be applied to what 5*s did to the 3* tier.

They made them irrellevant and would do so to 4*s too, if certain 5*s didnt exist as excellent support characters (kitty, okoye, HE), or if the devs didnt make 4*s that could punch above their weight (bishop, hammercap, juggs, karnak, etc).

The same entire dance could be replicated in the 6* tier.  Starting level 350 (just an example), outclasses all 4*s just by existing.  Demands at least 5* opponents.

And to top it off, we have SCL 10 now, which is challenging enough in PvE, where some players would gladly throw money at a 6* cover just to make this new grind easier and quicker.

Believe you me (never had to type that saying out before... Looks weird)...
    I dont care for the idea of 6*s. 
     I, like you, believe 5*s were done wrong.
    But i also see how as a business, they want to make a new challenge to create an artificial 'need' for a new tier.  This would bring in new revenue, and might even chase away players at the same time.

But when your mobile game is SO old, why not try to squeeze a few last bucks out of it before it dries up?
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For extra laughs, make Gorgon the first 6* character.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is a literally infinite amount of room to scale up with 6*s.  Whether that implementation is a good idea is another question entirely.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm inclined to think that supports should probably be that thing, but there needs to be a massive re-think regarding how they are aquired, leveled, viewed in game, pretty much everything about them needs a re-think. But they're already mostly implemented. So maybe let's start with that.