Can 5* Hulk use supports?

Heartbreaksoup
Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2020 in MPQ Supports Discussion
I had a surprising experience in PVE today.  I was running 5* Carnage and 3* Strange along with 5* Banner/Hulk.  I'd equipped Banner with Wasp Gauntlets, kicking his blue damage up by 204 per tile.

But when Banner's Other Guy timer went off, he lost the power of the Wasp Gauntlets.  His blue damage dropped down to just 23 per tile.  It still shows Hulk as having Wasp Gauntlets attached, and the font for 23 is gold, indicating the number has changed.  Has anyone else seen Hulk as able to use supports?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe that the way Banner was implemented is that Hulkform is treated as a completely different character, so for the longest time when he was boosted for events, Hulk wouldn't be, so  you'd go from boosted banner to standard hulk after collecting N green. This is almost certainly a trickle-down effect of that. I'm curious what happens with OML, reborn Phoenix, and maybe C&D being other similarly old multi-state characters. I'd imagine C&D works right, but OML and Phoenix may be susceptible to the same behavior?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe that the way Banner was implemented is that Hulkform is treated as a completely different character, so for the longest time when he was boosted for events, Hulk wouldn't be, so  you'd go from boosted banner to standard hulk after collecting N green. This is almost certainly a trickle-down effect of that. I'm curious what happens with OML, reborn Phoenix, and maybe C&D being other similarly old multi-state characters. I'd imagine C&D works right, but OML and Phoenix may be susceptible to the same behavior?
    I think banner is special because his current and max health change (and are remembered, I believe) The Other Guy is actually a hidden 4th member of your team. JG and OML just switch power sets and graphics