***** Havok (Classic) *****

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I continue to believe they are using 5* health and match dmg as a balancing tool.

Havok has high match dmg, but a bit lower than recent ones. His health is still pretty high! I mean yes it's not 16K but he's not slow (well, not on red and blue anyway) and has 3 active direct dmg abilities. The slower-to-get going characters, or ones doing less direct dmg, get more health so they can stick around longer and be more effective. They also get more match dmg for the same reason. Havok gets a bit less health and match dmg because he's got some pretty cheap nukes he can hit you with.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1. Plasma Beam - 9 red ap

+ 3 blue charged tiles and deals 18297.

2. Cry Havok - 12 green ap

Destroys up to 3 enemy SAP tiles, dealing

12158 (6432 + 5726) / 5726 /5726

3. Radiation Absorption - 7 blue ap

a. Choose red and convert 2 green ap to 2 red ap, then deal 18038 to target.

b. Choose green and convert to red ap to 2 green ap, then deal 9019 AoE.

There is one new mechanism. I think blue could be a fun power to play around with. His green can double-dip on the target opponent. It's 3/5/5 for me because I will want to use his blue as much as possible. It's 5/3/5 for other non-special tiles generating opponent teams.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

To clarify, I consider strongest match damage above 800 (at level 450) to be "high" right now. 699-650 used to be high, then Thor broke 700. And the last year captain marvel was right around ~800. Now brb has gone even higher.

And 60k health is the new 50k. So anything below 50 isow in the current environment.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm really confused as to what his green is meant to do?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's a good point....gotta keep up the creep.

Coming in 2021: 80K health on your 450s.

• Vhailorx
    Options

If I am reading it right, it does a fixed amount of aoe (5.7k at lvl 450). It also destroys up to 2x enemy attack tiles, and does 2.1k aoe damage per tile. So at best it's ~ 10k aoe + 2 enemy attack tiles destroyed for 12 ap.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

It's three, not two.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His green will destroy strike tiles at 4 covers. Of course, that means forgoing 5 covers in one of his two cheap powers. Even with the ability to spend blue to convert red AP to green, it's not clear that the power is worth that compromise.

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think his green double dipping is being undervalued a little. Sure, by himself it's not a lot of damage, but with boosted strikes from Kitty or Okoye getting TU it could be a ton of damage to the enemy team.

At least that's how I'm reading the power. "Then" implies it'll be 2 separate AoE, like Daken's blue has been for at least a year now.

• Vhailorx
    edited February 2020
    Options

Good point. It's up to 3 SAP tiles. So ~12k aoe in the best case (with perhaps the possibility of up to 4 damage ticks, though we need to test).

This makes it similar to Thor green is max output, but nonspammable. I still think it's his weakest power.

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options

The green power seems too expensive compare to other 5* aoe, hope it is lowered before launch.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love the character, not wild about these powers. Hoped for more board shake and some passive AP gen.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

The difference between 3 and 5 covers for Plasma Beam and Cry Havoc are 4314 and 858 (single) / 9411 AoE respectively.

Damage wise, you lose out a lot more if you put green at 3 vs 5.

But, if you are not facing special tiles spammer, then 5/3/5 is good.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like this method of going for 5* after release. If I only want one cover it makes it easy enough over the time he’s in latest to get and I don’t need to go against RNG in a vault to get it.

5* pvp for releases is fine, as long as it doesn’t become a normal thing in a season great. The user base didn’t want 4* pvp let alone 5*. Loaner for an event I can take once per season.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Dude that is classic Neal Adams!!!! 😯 Lol! It is quite a bad costume but I am not sure he ever actually had a good one...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I guess this pretty accurately describes Havok's powerset and so I am quite OK with him and the less passives we have in the game the better in my opinion as the game is already very broken these days. I really don't like it from a comic book/MCU basis when they get these weird powers that have no relevance to them such as Okoye's healing, Kitty's buffing or even Moon Knight's love of punching people giving him a health burst. Of course they are all good (or great) things to have at your disposal in the game but I say bah! I'd rather Kitty had a stun which lines up better with how her powerset is.