Options
12346»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    He is a free meat shield for 2* & 3* players and probably outperforms even boosted champed 2's for damage, so from that perspective they are probably quite happy. The only real question is what is happening to their MMR? If everybody has at least a 368 character are there any wider effects to who they are being matched against or is it just business as usual?

MMR only takes into account your roster, not the loaner character. It shouldn't be affecting MMR at all.

KGB
    Was never clear on this so good to know. We don't seem to have too many complaints so hopefully there are no issues.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    He is a free meat shield for 2* & 3* players and probably outperforms even boosted champed 2's for damage, so from that perspective they are probably quite happy. The only real question is what is happening to their MMR? If everybody has at least a 368 character are there any wider effects to who they are being matched against or is it just business as usual?

MMR only takes into account your roster, not the loaner character. It shouldn't be affecting MMR at all.

KGB
    Do we know this is true?  Before this event we have never had a loaner above level 200, so would we even have known if the loaners had any effect on mmr for lower rosters? 

I would like to hear some feedback from 3* and early 4* rosters about their experience in this event.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:

KGB
    Do we know this is true?  Before this event we have never had a loaner above level 200, so would we even have known if the loaners had any effect on mmr for lower rosters? 

I would like to hear some feedback from 3* and early 4* rosters about their experience in this event.

As best I can recall, things were pretty reasonable during 4* Release PvPs when I was in 2*/3* land. In particular, C4rol's Release PvP was the event running when I first hit the Shield level necessary to start playing PvP, and it was one of the things that really cemented my love for the game.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:

KGB

A LONG LONG time ago when I was in 2* land and my characters were in the L50ish range I remember that 4* release events would give the L70 1/1/1 loaner. That never affected my MMR as I faced similar rosters until I got too high and broke MMR.

Of course that was years ago and MMR has surely changed since then but I doubt that part has changed but I guess if it has and there are any 2* or early 3* players they can say what their experience is.

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    It was more a case that a 5* loaner is waaaaaaaaay above a boosted max champed 2*, so it made me wonder if weird things were happening. 70 vs 50 is quite a lot but the jump to 368 is pretty large.

I think the telling thing might be that there have not been any new forum/existing users posting complaints about their experience, so I assume it is business as usual.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX

Concentrated Havok Cover Store

• February 27, 2020, 7:00am –  March 8, 2020, 2:00am
    • 1x pull:
      • 1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Havok (Classic)
      • ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star
      • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
      • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star

This is somewhat inconsequential, but the store is closing in 1 day and 5 hours from the time I am posting this which works out to Thursday March 5 at 3 PM EST, which coincides with the end of the Havok PVP for Slice 5.  That makes logical sense.

The forum post, I assume, was incorrect, and it was always intended that the store would close on March 5 (but open a bit later than past ones due to the PVP).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something interesting to note that occurred to me today: Since Havok's shards launched in an event he wasn't required in, it means that next time he is required, assuming you played this current one to SCL10, you will be earning the second half of that cover through progression when he actually does come around as the required 5e. This is decidedly a new development for the 5* tier. It came with the trade off of earning 50% of a Sinister cover this event, but I guess we'll see what happens over time there. 

though I suppose it remains to be seen if and how shards find their way into Alliance events; have we had one since progression/placement shards rolled out yet?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    X-Men v Apocalypse was run on 6th February, I don't think there were shards involved so maybe that was before the rewards update? Dunno. Maybe this will be a rework of Boss Event awards this time? That could be quite exciting. Well not for you obviously with what you tell us about your Alliance. Sorry buddy.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    AMAZING cover choice for Havok guys, well done!
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    AMAZING cover choice for Havok guys, well done!
    Yeah, so much better than the trade cover
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Yeah that is awful.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah, the classic comic convention of

"[insert new character being pushed] + [insert fan favorite 'cos books gotta sell!]"

• DAZ0273
    Options
    The title was an Epic Comic which mostly tried to avoid such tactics but they did occassionally slip. It wasn't just a cookie cutter production though to be fair - co-written by Walt & Louise Simonson and painted artwork inside before Alex Ross came on the scene. I didn't care for the second artists style as art duties were shared and I felt they clashed badly and wish it could have been fully Jon J Muth. Kent Williams Wolverine was kind'a bizarre.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Havok is now in the Latest Legendary store!
    I'll be interested to hear from those who get him leveled up, or Champed even.  Good luck!

I was fortunate enough to get him champed and he's fun. He works against Beta Ray Bill but you have to be careful.

As mentioned, Havok's green destroys enemy specials instead of simply removing them, so Bill will generate blue and green when you do this. Be sure to hit Bill with red first, then try to play green only when it will be a KO (or blue of course if you have the swap-AP on hand). 

Havok can hit hard, but the AP-transfer required on his Blue is a bit of a task. 

I prefer to prioritize blue AP, and try to quickly gather 3 green and 6 red.
    That way, you can play blue by spending the 3 green to get up to 9 red and have his Red ready to fire off asap. 
    Then, play his red when there is a blue match available on the board, hoping to gather those charged tiles on your next match.
    This starts the cycle back to then spend 3 newly gathered red to build up toward his green. 

Sounds like a lot but it flows well so far.
    I'd much prefer Havok's green to cost 10 AP, not 12. It can be a nice AoE, but for maximum damage the enemy needs 3 enemy specials out. Otherwise it doesn't hit hard for a cost of 12.

Thor fuels him nicely, and so would Bishop (but I'm not going to stoop to that level very often).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RickOShay said:
    Havok is now in the Latest Legendary store!
    I'll be interested to hear from those who get him leveled up, or Champed even.  Good luck!

I was fortunate enough to get him champed and he's fun. He works against Beta Ray Bill but you have to be careful.

As mentioned, Havok's green destroys enemy specials instead of simply removing them, so Bill will generate blue and green when you do this. Be sure to hit Bill with red first, then try to play green only when it will be a KO (or blue of course if you have the swap-AP on hand). 

Havok can hit hard, but the AP-transfer required on his Blue is a bit of a task. 

I prefer to prioritize blue AP, and try to quickly gather 3 green and 6 red.
    That way, you can play blue by spending the 3 green to get up to 9 red and have his Red ready to fire off asap. 
    Then, play his red when there is a blue match available on the board, hoping to gather those charged tiles on your next match.
    This starts the cycle back to then spend 3 newly gathered red to build up toward his green. 

Sounds like a lot but it flows well so far.
    I'd much prefer Havok's green to cost 10 AP, not 12. It can be a nice AoE, but for maximum damage the enemy needs 3 enemy specials out. Otherwise it doesn't hit hard for a cost of 12.

Thor fuels him nicely, and so would Bishop (but I'm not going to stoop to that level very often).
    I agree with you.  I champed him and think he is a ton of fun.  I am running him 5,3,5 going blue into red for big hits.  I will use his green to get rid of special tiles on occasion.  I personally have just felt Blue to green just does not do enough damage to run 3,5,5.  

in PVP I tried running him with Professor X, and it worked OK.  I actually think Thor is a better partner

I will admit in the one PVP he had a 100 level buff I floated with Bishop Havok combo and got a bunch of blues.

• y2j1915
    y2j1915 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
      does any four star hero give you shards for Havoc? I'm so close to full roster and Havoc is one character I need to complete my roster
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reptil feeds him.