***** Beta Ray Bill (Korbinite Cyborg) *****

123457»

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Anyone using BRB on a regular basis or team ?

Curious how some of have utilized him, especially for people like me who don't have a covered Kitty. What teams you find him working well with. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    tonypq said:
    Anyone using BRB on a regular basis or team ?

Curious how some of have utilized him, especially for people like me who don't have a covered Kitty. What teams you find him working well with. 
    So far I've really been running him with any team that can accommodate his blue & green combo. There's a few positive interactions with his special tiles (outside of the obv. Kitty), but it's not that critical of a plan among 5* characters. 
    Of those that do have some special tile synergy, I'd say Jessica Jones & Thor rate highly. Both black and red respectively gain damage potential for each special (or color thereof) on the board. 
    Jessica's traps will probably earn you his green instead of her red btw.
    Bill usually tanks green and yellow over Thor, and the protect tiles may allow Thor to match red without taking much damage.

Rescue does well enough since she will burst heal allies when there are 2+ protect tiles on the board, and her red will easily qualify for the 3rd hit of damage. 
    5* Carnage easily qualifies for the small AoE damage from his red with 4 friendly specials out, and once he starts earning the free match, he will likely destroy a protect tile or two, which earns Bill AP and spawns a new attack tile.

Besides that, no one else really spams protect tiles in 5* land to take advantage of BRB's AP gen. 

Had fun with: 

Storm's yellow generating lots of Blue, then Bill had 3 CD's out, generating lots of protects that way.

5* Carol's repeater earning green AP for free every 3 turns, otherwise no real synergy besides her strike tiles adding to Bill's big multi-hit green.

Okoye of course adds damage to his cheap blue, then on top of each hit of his green. Be careful though, even a low champ Bill may tank yellow over Okoye, making it harder to keep a TU balance. 

• tonypq
    edited January 2020
    He was a beast last event powered up. He's still great at regular strength as well. I hadn't done any PVP in ages due to entering 5s land without a 5Thor, Okoye, or Kitty. 

I tried my hand at PVP using BRB, 5Prof, and Hela and had no issues with any teams I faced. Between BRBs protects start of match and his cheap blue adding more, along with Prof signal boost and cheap purple, I had no issues taking down an opposing player fast to get Hela to buff BRBs protects. 

This team has a lot of instant damage but also Helas strikes and attack tiles and Prof attack tiles if you choose with his purple. Between all those attack, strike, protect tiles on the board, things can get bad for the other team fast. Especially as BRB, Prof, Hela can add tiles relatively cheaply and can take out a character very fast with instants and signal boost to get the tiles buffed quickly. 

In PVE BRBs protects almost completely negates and damage and never using any health packs to breeze through PVE like I would with Thanos at times. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    So is the consensus that he is in the JJ/Prof X class of very good 5*s that sit just behind the meta 3 (kitty/Thor/okoye)?

From playing against him in PvP, I have found him to be pretty similar to that group.  He has less insta-cascade-and-your-dead potential than JJ and Prof x.  But he reminds me of GED.  Whittling either of then down is not a great plan, but they will hit you pretty hard if you leave them around long enough. 

That blue is pretty nasty.  It hits hard enough that you need to plan for it if you are running a half Thor or some other glass cannon, and if you can't clear that CD quickly, you will just end up fueling even more attacks from him.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    BRB is fun as hell to use. Especially with teams that generate shields like Magik, 4* Cage, 4* BP, and even 4* Sam Wilson. 

My BRB is only 1/1/3 but his tiles are strong. Been using him with 5* Carol most of the time but I’m gonna mess around try other duos. 

And one more thing. I think someone kinda alluded to the fact that putting multiple blue CDs will put more shields on the field. That is NOT TRUE. If you put 2 or more CDs on the field, only one of them will proc and drop a shield as you’re attacked. 
  • tonypq
    BRB is fun with Immortal Hulk IMO. With my 5/2/5 IH, I was matching away green like normal for BRB, IH was adding more green to the board for his green door ability. I never felt like I was starved for green and was able to match away like normal to get BRB's green off, IH's green door went off plenty during my 12 win PVP climb. In fact I don't think I ever had an easier time collecting the green AP to fire BRB's green. Plus BRB's protects and blue help negate IH's team damage a bit and offer cheap decent damage to the other team.