Match-4 line clears & specials in the new engine

2»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ^ That one and Medusa are almost certainly bugs, right?
    Yeah, there's a bug report thread for the Medusa one, and since the 4Pool one seems to be using the same mechanic, it should then be a bug as well.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Vins2 said:
    I think it's changed 5* Daredevil's green too.  Normally if the player matches it, or destroys it in a match 4, it would give the player green AP.  Now if the player destroys it in a match 4, it behaves as if the AI destroyed it, dealing damage and respawning on the board.    
    It has always worked that way, and is consistent with how is text is written. 
    I use daredevil alot and it may be double proccing at the moment when a match 4 that does not involve it clears it. It seems like its counting as both destroyed and matched on a single move. 

This is still not as op as when countdowns did 1 damage when they expired.
  • TPF Alexis
    tiomono said:
    Vins2 said:
    I think it's changed 5* Daredevil's green too.  Normally if the player matches it, or destroys it in a match 4, it would give the player green AP.  Now if the player destroys it in a match 4, it behaves as if the AI destroyed it, dealing damage and respawning on the board.    
    It has always worked that way, and is consistent with how is text is written. 
    I use daredevil alot and it may be double proccing at the moment when a match 4 that does not involve it clears it. It seems like its counting as both destroyed and matched on a single move. 

This is still not as op as when countdowns did 1 damage when they expired.
    Ugh, that was hideous. Especially if Maggia Muscle managed to get some Strikes out.
    On the other hand, it was kind of hilarious downing Carnage with Recharge.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaecilius strikes cleared by a match-4 now do damage to him as if they were directly matched

Shuri and P4nther's bonus damage is applied to fortifications and defend tiles hit by a 4-clear as if they were directly matched
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    @Tombstone - I noticed you were making the rounds in the bug sub forum; is this a bug or a feature?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    OJSP said:
    Maybe they have another character whose passive will activate when a special tile is destroyed, but they're still unsure how it should be activated.
    There are already loads of characters who do this though, and many of them are the ones in this thread being called out as problematic.

Jessica Jones and Dar3Devil's traps don't seem to be triggered by 4-clears, even though once upon a time Dar3devil's red trap worked identically to DD5's green countdown (match-3 was a player clear, match 4 was treated as an enemy clear)
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone get a chance to check out 4* Wasp's CD? That really needs to remain coded this way (again). 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    How did that used to work in the context of a 4-clear? did it treat it as an enemy match like DD5's green?
  • LIT_MPQ
    LIT_MPQ Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2019
    Can confirm Hawkeye's AP gain and Medusa's AP/heal activates when destroyed in a line match. Also, noticed 3* Spider-Man creating 2 web tiles when making a match 5. Dunno if that's working as intended, but I like it.

edit: nordhofsweden got it. My Spidey had Web Shooters support. I forgot about supports.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it was deliberately coded that way so that R4Jug won't be broken with Okoye. I fought against Kitty team and his match damage triggered her Practiced Offense and 9 enemy attack tiles flooded the board. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ^that was probably supposed to go In the “what works with WF” thread - but that’s actually interesting To note since it indicates Kitty treating it as a second tic of non-tile destruction damage on defense, but Okoye doesn’t get to do it on offense. 
  • nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    LIT_MPQ said:
    Can confirm Hawkeye's AP gain and Medusa's AP/heal activates when destroyed in a line match. Also, noticed 3* Spider-Man creating 2 web tiles when making a match 5. Dunno if that's working as intended, but I like it.
    Aren’t you just using the web-shooters support on Spidey?
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    X-force wolverine gets a boost from this, too- his green can destroy his yellow tile, which causes it to activate rather than just being destroyed
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That is interesting, I wouldn't expect it to work like that. I'm curious if that's the same issue or something else?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I think this bug may have been fixed just as stealthily as it was introduced - Sabretooth and Prowler no longer steal tiles on match 4s, and I had a match where Dont Push That Button! Was match-4’d and didn’t explode early. 

That being said, an enemy match-4 cleared a green DD5 Cd they owned, and it went off twice, so...
  • TPF Alexis
    I think this bug may have been fixed just as stealthily as it was introduced - Sabretooth and Prowler no longer steal tiles on match 4s, and I had a match where Dont Push That Button! Was match-4’d and didn’t explode early. 

That being said, an enemy match-4 cleared a green DD5 Cd they owned, and it went off twice, so...

It still seems to be happening for Medusa's Entanglement as well.