Retroactive Rewards Update

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards

Hahaha. Coupled with your last post, you win the internet. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    This is great news, thank you
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    This update is appreciated and I thank you for it.  It's good to see we were listened to and active steps are being taken to take care of the problem.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    THANK YOU!! I appreciate the response and using the feedback that was given to fix this problem.

Someone asked about the new feeders in the future. Can we get insight on this? 

Honestly thanks for listening to us. This good deed wont be forgotten and be remembered. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good.  The whole thing just struck me as thoroughly unfair - 5* covers are just worth so much more than tokens, particularly when it comes to classic characters that are so very, very hard to cover now.  I have them all, but newer players were screwed.  I know it seems like a hugely generous amount of covers all at once, but that's very illusory since we haven't gotten a feeder in months, and the feeders have been very, very slow for the last half-year. 

Thanks for listening.  I just hope this is the norm going forward.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad to see that they are responding to our concerns, and fixing this mess.

I do wish there had never been the mess in the first place.  So much collective anger for no good purpose.

But I do appreciate the rapid response.  It does show that they are paying attention, even when there's no answer to some of our questions.

Thank you.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:

We thank everyone for their feedback and, ultimately, their patience as we fully implement the Shard system (Spoiler: We’re not done!). Please continue to let us know what parts you like and what parts you don’t like and we’ll continue to find ways to make the game better. We are excited to see the Shard system get fully into the game and are glad that you are all in on the ride with us. If nothing else, this all proves that we have a hugely passionate fan base for the game, and we love to keep making more great content and experiences for you to enjoy.

Once again @IceIX thank you for the update it's greatly appreciated. As respect to this paragraph, it seems you are still listening to feedback form the user which is amazing to hear. If you believe this piece belongs in a new thread I have no qualms with it being moved because everything else in this thread will be positive.

I'm not trying to be negative in this but providing feedback as requested.

What I like:
                        - Collect enough shards and you get a cover of your choice. This is great especially when having uneven builds. This is where shards shine in my opinion
                        - Getting shards from tokens. The build to a full shard is nice to see.

What I don't like:
                        - Shards in champ rewards being split into multiple reward spots. Why not just replace the cover in the old  system with the full amount of shards. This has now taken away some of the other resources away that we would have otherwise received. When talking about dilution this is a serious problem (especially with the CP being lost)
                        - The amount of shards received from tokens. As has been shown by people it now takes longer to get full amount of shards for a cover then the 'random chance' of BH. This is a small one however, as mentioned it's more consistent, and you do get a cover of your choice, so yes there is a bit of a trade of there.
                        - The monitization of shards. Right after it was introduced two buy packages featuring shards were released, and you have the store to buy them with HP. I get that there needs to be income sources, but this one doesn't sit well with me.
                       - More ways to get shards? I'm assuming this is part of the 'we're not done yet' but it would be nice if there were more ways to earn shards...hopefully without taking away other resources.

I do think shards has the potential to really shine and help with dilution, but I don't think we're there juuuust yet.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you!  Xmas is back on, please return all lumps of coals.

@IceIX Are you able to comment on future retroactive rewards for new feeders? Is this the new norm or just a once off back flip?
  • gascangascan
    gascangascan Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

Hahaha. Coupled with your last post, you win the internet. 
    Thx!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I can say is Thanks!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good choice by D3 to listen to the player base, thank you!  I know the developers usually aren't the ones making those macro decisions in many cases.  Thank you to the devs and IceIX for having to stand in the fire during this.    
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Both happy and surprised to see this. Please consider keeping in touch with the player base moving forward as well. 

This is a big step in the right direction. 
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Thank you.  Greatly appreciated.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Thank you, especially for recognizing the importance of the 3 star secondary feeders. It was my major upset on not receiving any of those with my 3 stars that passed those levels.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Thank you.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Can someone explain this section for me?
    They didn't get Primary chars updated, did they? Just Secondary added, right? Or did I miss something?
    Curious observation, all four listed feed double-fed chars.

3-Stars with Updated Primary and Secondary Characters:

• Angel (All-New X-Men)

• Colossus (Classic)

• Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy)

• Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)

• AlMacD
    AlMacD Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Many thanks for the good response and your openness to further suggestions. Canceling my retirement plans.