Forum Bug: Reset you password

Tried to log in , got the message I would have to reset my password, likely due to ‚Administrator changing my account information‘
This normal? Or did I get hacked? Just want to be sure

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the same.

Went thru the process and reset my password and changed it (back to what it was. LOL).

Not sure exactly why we got this message.

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ditto on all counts. I did look through to see if there were any spam posts made under my name or something, but didn't see any.
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Also happened to me.  What gives @IceIX
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Just happened to me as well.

Maybe someone hacked the forums and we all need to watch out for Identity Theft....
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Same thing here. I wondered if maybe a disgruntled employee left but -- NOBODY should have access to account passwords... Ever. There's no situation in which anyone should need to login as someone else. And administrator can no doubt axe an account or do anything else necessary.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Me too.

Any admin know why? @Brigby @LakeStone maybe?
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    got the message also
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX, @Brigby

Don't want to be a pain in the neck but people are worried about that, so any information would be helpful
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. It would seem that Vanilla, the forum provider that we use, preemptively identified a vulnerability in their system, so as an additional precaution to fixing that issue, they also reset everyone's password. Hope that helps! 
    Thx, good to know 👍
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Tell them to fix their password reset e-mail as well.  It took two and a half weeks to finally get someone to send me a temp password manually, as the reset e-mail has not been sending any mail my way.  Finally, the ticket got to someone who did the right thing and manually mailed me a temp password instead of just trying to get the page to auto-generate the (not-working) e-mail.  So I was off forums from the reset day till 12/2.
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    This is still a problem. Since the reset, I still haven't been able to get an email to reset my password (tried to request it at least 20+ times). I've made this duplicate just to log into the forums. Who can I email directly to work through this problem? 
    @Brigby
    @IceIX
  • grenadier
    edited December 2019
    Try mailing communications@d3go.com .  The main customer support line referred me to them, as they (CS) were seemingly incapable of fixing it.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    This is still a problem. Since the reset, I still haven't been able to get an email to reset my password (tried to request it at least 20+ times). I've made this duplicate just to log into the forums. Who can I email directly to work through this problem? 
    @Brigby
    @IceIX
    Yes, please email communications@d3go.com instead of reaching out to support as we will be able to assist with any login issues via email.  Thanks!
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I will reach out to that email again (I've emailed twice with no response). Thanks for the feedback.
  • grenadier
    It took them a while to reply to me too, Monsoon.