On Retroactive Rewards

Comments

• Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    Sorry but this IS a customer service issue. I feel like turn usual gaslighting as already begun and while I didn't place a ticket, am sorely tempted now just because you're downplaying it all as a feedback issue. 
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Dogface said:
    Dogface said:
    The current set-up might be unfair to vets, but wouldn't it be unfair to newer players if veteran players got retroactively rewarded 6 covers additional to the rewards they got in the process? 
    No because the vets earned those covers by spending years and $ leveling said characters.
    So vets deserve more than I do? 

Retroactive rewards for feeders have been around a long time. Rolling out a bunch of them at the same time doesn’t make them more or less fair or unfair than they’ve been since they were introduced. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    Dogface said:
    The current set-up might be unfair to vets, but wouldn't it be unfair to newer players if veteran players got retroactively rewarded 6 covers additional to the rewards they got in the process? 
    No because the vets earned those covers by spending years and $ leveling said characters.
    So you don’t think someone with a level 370 4* character (who has likely invested more time and money in the game) deserves more retrospective rewards than someone like me with a level 300 4* character?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    Dogface said:

Dogface, if the "vet" gets what they should have, how does this wrong you?
    Bc it means it isn't the same for all players. If one is upset about getting 2 covers instead of 6, they should equally be upset if some get double rewards and others not. 

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:

The vets earned the LTs the received for those levels.  It is in fact, unfair to the lower rosters in that higher rosters essentially net two good rewards for a single level.  And LT, and later a 5* cover.  Although it has always been this way, that does not necessarily it is not biased.  To say you EARNED double dipping rewards just because you leveled a 4* quicker than someone else...it's bad form.
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Here is the problem between the newer players and the vets:

I would never recommend this game to a new player. The climb seems insurmountable with dilution. So the devs are trying to make it to where they can make it easier to not only climb the ladder quickly, but give them metrics (shards) to gauge their progress. They are trying to close the gap to be competitive as soon as possible.

As a vet, we are ahead of the curve, but we are seeing the goalposts be moved in front of us to stretch out how long it will take for us to get to "the end". By updating the rewards to stretch this out, some vets have not been given the equivalent of what they should have been.

This is not an us vs them. It just needs to be equal across the board.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry but this IS a customer service issue. I feel like turn usual gaslighting as already begun and while I didn't place a ticket, am sorely tempted now just because you're downplaying it all as a feedback issue. 
    I would split the difference.  I suspect that the CS issues caused by feedback was at least part of the reason that we got relatively swift feedback (~6 hours).  So I don't think people were wrong to use that avenue to provide feedback prior to this announcement.  But now that d3 has explicitly asked us not continue doing so, it seems reasonable to hold off for the time being (if we get not further feedback in the next couple of weeks, however, I may start to feel differently).
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    While I appreciate them taking a look into it, I'm hoping they do it quickly. Letting drag out feels like a bad idea.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

So the devs are trying to make it to where they can make it easier to not only climb the ladder quickly, but give them metrics (shards) to gauge their progress. They are trying to close the gap to be competitive as soon as possible.

This is a very charitable interpretation of the BH > shards transition.
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Dogface said:
    Dogface said:
    Yes.  

Hey, is dogface your IGN too?  
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I champed 3* dupes for the upcoming rewards when I should have waited. Previous feeders always gave retroactive rewards.  My entire alliance interpreted it to do the same as previous rewards which gave out all rewards earned.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    Dogface said:
    Dogface said:

Dogface, if the "vet" gets what they should have, how does this wrong you?
    Bc it means it isn't the same for all players. If one is upset about getting 2 covers instead of 6, they should equally be upset if some get double rewards and others not. 

The same for everyone isn't always fair. What we're talking here is a reward proportional to the amount of time and money a given player has spent on the game. Y'know, the same principle as how someone who works 40 hours a week makes more money than someone who works the same job for 30 hours a week.
    That's dumb.  If it takes me 3 weeks to work 40 hours...I should still be entitled to the same pay that you received for your 40 hour week.  40 hours is 40 hours.  Just like Level 340 should have equal rewards for you and for me, regardless of how long it took either of us to achieve that level.