Undone by Elderspark

2»

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    This particular event was a chore. But as someone else said I can deal with a difficult event. I can even put up with getting up at 2am to clear nodes to be to work by 5am to try and squeeze nodes in between breaks,lunch, and extended potty breaks because nodes take twice as long to clear. It's the bugs, crashes, and freezes, that make me rethink why I help run a top ten team.  It's the first time in a very long time that I failed to hit my requirements of 90%. And while support did send a response that they would compensate for that particular one node I obviously would have won next turn.  It's definitely not the norm.  And unfortunately my team as a whole was effected so. We were shy of hitting that top 10 spot. I love my team, my alliance and my friends so I will continue to push through make do.  And I will bring stronger bug spray to the next coalition event.  But I'm begging everyone to document your issues, report them be a pain in supports butt. It is the only way they will be able to fix issues.  
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    And just an FYI I had to turn my animations off just so it would be faster. I hate my animations being off. I don't like it at all I like to see what my opponent plays not play a guessing game. I guess that's another issue all together.  Or it's the paper magic player in me. 
  • Nalthazar
    Nalthazar Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Julie71 said:
    And just an FYI I had to turn my animations off just so it would be faster. I hate my animations being off. I don't like it at all I like to see what my opponent plays not play a guessing game. I guess that's another issue all together.  Or it's the paper magic player in me. 
    It would be cool to have a feature that turned off the animations of the cards while still displaying the image of a card when played so you still know what is being played without having to deal with the extra time of some of the lengthier animations if you didn’t want to.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    starfall said:
    madwren said:
    However, additionally, what drives me crazy is that every match--no, every TURN--takes forever. Tokens spawning, effects happening, the AI still figuring out what it wants to do with Vanguards on the board.  It feels like I spend half my game time just waiting for Greg's turn to finish. 
    OMG yes.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. 

Things happen. Then more things. Then some more. And I think Greg is finally done with his turn and more things. Is it my turn now? Nope. Gotta wait for some more things. 

Then. 

More things. 

My turn. I reorder my cards, maybe hit a loyalty ability, a vanguard or two, make a match, if I'm lucky, 2. Cast. It's done in the time it took you to read this. 

Then... Things... 

I played this event through. I did not find it particularly challenging for a top level player. I didn't have freezes or lags. I found it grindy and dull because of watching all the things. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:
    madwren said:
    However, additionally, what drives me crazy is that every match--no, every TURN--takes forever. Tokens spawning, effects happening, the AI still figuring out what it wants to do with Vanguards on the board.  It feels like I spend half my game time just waiting for Greg's turn to finish. 
    OMG yes.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. 

Things happen. Then more things. Then some more. And I think Greg is finally done with his turn and more things. Is it my turn now? Nope. Gotta wait for some more things. 

There's nothing quite like the bonus mini-game where you get to figure out whether the game has frozen, or whether Greg is just taking an inordinately long time to process something. 

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    madwren said:
    bken1234 said:
    starfall said:
    madwren said:
    OMG yes.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. 

There's nothing quite like the bonus mini-game where you get to figure out whether the game has frozen, or whether Greg is just taking an inordinately long time to process something. 

Yeah, the Vanguard lag that was previously fixed is back with a vengeance.

Looks like the game is freezing every turn while Greg takes 30 seconds to realize he can't activate his Vanguard's ability.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    I have nothing to add that hasn't already been expressed, but long events that run over into Mondays, regardless of difficulty, aren't healthy for the working men and women that have to let their teams down by missing charges.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    My experience is pretty similar. I basically quit the game when War of the Spark came out. Between the VIP cash grab, Vanguards behind the pink wall, lack of a new daily event, and the atrocity that was/is the Elderspark event, I couldn't keep grinding for my coalition anymore. The event looked so horrible that I quit my coalition before even playing it once. After I left my coalition, I never felt a need to log in anymore, so I didn't. I would occasionally open the app, get bored waiting for it to boot up, and move on to other things. I checked back in for M20 and again, nothing interesting, more locked Vanguards, etc. ELD came out and the cards were more interesting but still no interesting new events. I'm currently playing almost all events because of the holiday bonus rewards and freebies but once they end, I'll probably be gone again. I played my first game ever of the Elderspark whenever it ran last (probably when this thread was started) and it was just...bleh. I played to full progression and that was the end of that. I honestly don't know if I'll bother doing that again. They really need to come up with a new event structure that isn't just a re-skin of every other PvE or PvP event with some shiny new things added in.