R191 Release Notes (11/14/19)

Options
12346»

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Just wanted to chime in (since there are a few comments to the contrary) that the feedback about various bits of the UI updates are most *definitely* appreciated. 
    Here's an extremely fiddly bit about the UI that I don't like.

Before, if I had a cover, and it said "Add Level" (because I already had the character champed), and I hit that button, it would take me to that character's page, and I would see the Level X, it would flash to X+1, the Champ Reward would flash up big on the screen, and then the "Next Reward" would update to the next one on the list. Old Screen For Reference

With the new update, when you hit "Add Level", it goes to the new page, but the character is already at X+1. and the Champ Reward is already full-screen. Kinda feels like we aren't seeing... what, like a half-second of animations?

I don't care about the Champ Reward thing at all (it used to be more "animated", but you clearly see what you're getting both ways, and that's what matters). But I liked seeing the transition, so I knew for certain that cover advanced my character from 173 to 174. Since the update, it's been showing the "After" level immediately, and I keep expecting it to go up one, before I realize it's already done that and never showed me the "Before" level on the character page.

I don't even know how many people will even notice this, but I really preferred seeing the level actually change on the page. It's exciting when you have a 4-star character at say, 318, and you see it go from 318 to 319, and know you're only one cover away from a Legendary Token (or 5-star cover if that character is a feeder). And now instead it's just showing me 319, and it's showing me some ISO reward before I even have a chance to get excited that it might go 319->320, because the reality is that the game is a step ahead of me, and it's 318->319.

Overall I like the UI change, but I look forward into the kinks getting ironed out, as well.
  • TriggerTime
    TriggerTime Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    IceIX said:
    @IceIX if it is deemed that this open 50 standard token is a success, will D3/Demi look into doing this with Heroics, Mighty, Elite and LT’s? they could all be different levels as well but would be awesome if this does come true.  
    Quite possible. The single token pages would be pretty easy, but it's more of a challenge on any 3 button pages.

It shouldn't be a challenge on any page, you even already have the mechanic in the game. For example, when you open a Heroic 10-pack. You only need the one icon to press, and once the first cover shows, the player can tap the 'fast forward' triangle on the bottom right to open the rest of the tokens.

The simplest solutions are often the best.
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    IceIX said:
    @IceIX if it is deemed that this open 50 standard token is a success, will D3/Demi look into doing this with Heroics, Mighty, Elite and LT’s? they could all be different levels as well but would be awesome if this does come true.  
    Quite possible. The single token pages would be pretty easy, but it's more of a challenge on any 3 button pages.

It shouldn't be a challenge on any page, you even already have the mechanic in the game. For example, when you open a Heroic 10-pack. You only need the one icon to press, and once the first cover shows, the player can tap the 'fast forward' triangle on the bottom right to open the rest of the tokens.

It's not a mechanic issue, it's a layout issue. The Standard token page has a single button, and a second button appears for opening multiple tokens. On the Heroic page, there are already three buttons (1x, 10x, and 40x). There's not a place to put an "open all" button.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    IceIX said:

It's not a mechanic issue, it's a layout issue. The Standard token page has a single button, and a second button appears for opening multiple tokens. On the Heroic page, there are already three buttons (1x, 10x, and 40x). There's not a place to put an "open all" button.
    How about an "Open All Tokens" button for the Elite tokens?  Plenty of room on that screen...
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How about an "Open All Tokens" button for the Elite tokens?  Plenty of room on that screen...
    Since there are already 10x and 40x buttons just make it so that if you save up 10 tokens they get moved over to a 10x pull. Once you get to 4 10x pulls they get converted to a 40x pull.

I realize that the 10x and 40x pulls have better odds than the 1x pull but just consider that a bonus for hording tokens. 8^)
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    IceIX said:

Well, yeah. That's what IceIX said above. Single token pages (Elites, Latest and Classic tokens, etc) would be easy. The layout issue only applies to Heroics or Event tokens with 3 buttons already on the page.
  • TriggerTime
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    IceIX said:

You seem to have misunderstood me. As I said, you only need the one icon to press. You don't need the 'open all' button. Perhaps this illustration (mocked up example screens) will more clearly show what I mean:

So in total, you'd be clicking twice to open all your tokens - which is a heck of a lot quicker than 50.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So if I only want to open one token...
  • TriggerTime
    Options

Assuming anyone actually wanted to do that, they could easily accomodate that by keeping the 'claim' button in the second screen in addition to the 'fast forward' icons.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options

Assuming anyone actually wanted to do that, they could easily accomodate that by keeping the 'claim' button in the second screen in addition to the 'fast forward' icons.
    So you want me to click twice to open a lone token? 😉
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Personally, I don't feel that we'd need it for multi packs.  I hoard the 10 packs but am ok with opening them one a time.  That means only needing to add a 4th button.  Doable?
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    Just showing where I got the quote from.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    qandols said:
    Hmm, I get the flashing up arrow indicating that level up is available on nearly all my two stars in DDQ. Weird. I see now all flash except for Hawkeye who is level 144
    Known Issue for this build, unfortunately. Should be fixed in R192, as it can't be fixed via a data patch.

Thank you for the comment on this @IceIX - this was genuinely driving me to distraction! I tried to meet your "level me up NOW!" demands 2* Magneto, honestly but I didn't have any covers - see it wasn't my fault!!!!
  • Skyler
    Skyler Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bring back the old version!!!!! Plz!!!
  • Skyler
    Skyler Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am not talking to much i am mostly silent player. But it is too much for me. I mean plz change smth in ur upgrade cause it is bad!! Very bad 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skyler said:
    I am not talking to much i am mostly silent player. But it is too much for me. I mean plz change smth in ur upgrade cause it is bad!! Very bad 
    I would suggest giving specific examples of what specifically you do not like and why. Your post gives them very little information besides dissatisfaction.