R191 Release Notes (11/14/19)

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    Aggregating the shard totals on the Legendary store screen is really disengenuous the way it appears now. I know this was mentioned earlier, but putting a total of 18 shards on there with the purple token in front and a sliver of yellow drop shadow really presents itself as if you were getting 18 5* shards/pull, which is decidedly not the case. 
    Agreed.  These shard reward descriptions should not be stacked, but line items.  I had to do a double take to make sure there weren't different shards in a token than I was expecting.

In other news, I don't hate the new Character UI.  My phone is an old iPhone 6 and my geezer eyes are needing reading glasses, but I could make out all of the new UI screen.

Now the in-match power descriptions...  Those I need my reading glasses for.  :/
    Even my reading glasses aren't enough! Their HORRIBLE choices of colors (like yellow on yellow, green on green) are impossible for me to read -- I have to enable the magnifier accessibility tool in iOS and even that sometimes isn't enough. Just sensible ergonomic choices of fonts and colors doesn't seem a lot to ask...
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,316 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scofie said:
    I like that I can see which supports are on the character and switch them more quickly too....
    Not from the support screen, you can't.
    Oh yes, that would have been helpful....  ;)
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please get some play testing consultation from people who actually play the game for fun. 

I refuse to believe anyone serious about their roster progress or enjoyment of the game have positive feedbacks on this update.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Please get some play testing consultation from people who actually play the game for fun. 

I refuse to believe anyone serious about their roster progress or enjoyment of the game have positive feedbacks on this update.
    Blanket statements like this are not constructive or useful. The entire playerbase would be better off if you just didn't post instead of making blanket assumptions that people you disagree with don't exist.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    jp1 said:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/901987/#Comment_901987

• jp1
    edited November 2019
    JHawkInc said:
    jp1 said:

Blanket statements like this are not constructive or useful. The entire playerbase would be better off if you just didn't post instead of making blanket assumptions that people you disagree with don't exist.
    What’s not constructive about it? I asked that they get some people concerned with roster growth and having fun to chime in on these terrible updates before they roll out.

It’s hardly a blanket statement. The vast majority of feedback here has been negative, and justly so. Mathematically this is worse, that’s a fact. Just because you may be in a position to benefit from it doesn’t mean you are in the majority either chief. 

How was your comment constructive by the way?

edit: added bold emphasis for obvious hypocrisy in case we have different definitions of blanket statements.
  • jp1
    RickOShay said:
    jp1 said:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/901987/#Comment_901987

So... 

Are you pointing out the part of your post which mirrors my sentiments or the part that shows you have positive feedback? Legit curious as I can’t tell.

Anyway, there is a lot more optimism to be had from someone in your position (to be fair) about these changes. I would argue someone with all classic fives champed is in pretty good shape to adapt to this. While it will neuter the rest of the player base without a huge monetary investment. No offense, I love your vids. ;)
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks man!  
    Yep, just pointing out that many of us have asked the Dev's to form a Player adviser board of some sort.
    Also, you're right so far about this system being mathematically slower than BH was, but we still need to see how we earn Shards from other areas of game play. Hopefully it's not all in Placement etc, which would make things much more difficult for small to mid-sized rosters
    I'm hopeful!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    In January this year, there was a thread about getting 5* via pulling tokens and putting a cap to "bad luck" in getting 5*. One of the responses as the discussion went along was this:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/859142/#Comment_859142
    Assuming that the cap system would want to have the same overall pull rate you would have to lower the base pull rate to do that. What you're advocating is simply raising drop rates overall, which is another discussion altogether. Not a poor discussion to have, but outside the bounds of this thread.
    By not replacing BH with TH, it's the same effect as raising drop rates overall. I think it's very unlikely to achieve the rate BH has with TH. At best, we can only hope that with the distribution of shards, the rate will be raised slightly higher overall. Instead of 140 vs 167, it will be improved to 157?

Maybe they are working on wildcard shards now?  >:)
  • cerebud
    cerebud Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I don’t like how when we upgrade characters, you can’t see what reward you got. MORE IMPORTANTLY, I don’t like how you can’t see how many covers you have for a particular character without a lot of tapping and scrolling. I reference the number of covers all the time, so I know which character I want to upgrade. If a character has 10 extra covers and is waiting to be championed, I want to know that. Now it takes way, way too long to find that info. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    cerebud said:
    I don’t like how when we upgrade characters, you can’t see what reward you got. MORE IMPORTANTLY, I don’t like how you can’t see how many covers you have for a particular character without a lot of tapping and scrolling. I reference the number of covers all the time, so I know which character I want to upgrade. If a character has 10 extra covers and is waiting to be championed, I want to know that. Now it takes way, way too long to find that info. 
    How many clicks did it take to see a characters saved cover amount before the ui change? Right now it's one click and scroll.
  • HoundofShadow
    Before UI change:

Page 1 shows:
    1. Rarity, level, cover build
    2. Sell for button

Page 2 shows
    1. HP
    2. All damage numbers
    3. next rewards
    4. Level
    5. Saved Covers

Page 3: 
    Equip Support

Page 4 shows:
    6. All three powers

page 5 - 7 shows:
    details of each power

Page 8
    character bio

After UI Change:
    Major details you are looking for can be found within 2 taps.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before UI change:

Page 1 shows:
    1. Rarity, level, cover build
    2. Sell for button

Page 2 shows
    1. HP
    2. All damage numbers
    3. next rewards
    4. Level
    5. Saved Covers

Page 3: 
    Equip Support

Page 4 shows:
    6. All three powers

page 5 - 7 shows:
    details of each power

Page 8
    character bio

After UI Change:
    Major details you are looking for can be found within 2 taps.

So same amount of input, just replacing a tap with a scroll....
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    cerebud said:
    You can see the exact reward immediately behind the pop up reward (to the right).

For instance, if the iso reward pops up, you can see the exact number of iso you got by looking to the right of the pop-up iso reward
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    think that your device determines the whether or not the XP banner blocks your champ reward.

On my phone the banner appears at the top of the screen.  No problem for me, as I use it most of the time for playing right now.

Someone else posted a comparison between their phone and their tablet and on their tablet, the XP banner appeared over the champ reward in the middle of the screen.

Hopefully the devs can tweak the tablet layout to fix this problem.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think the above is a piece of crucial data to the dev. On my phone, I can still see the rewards on right and it is not being blocked when I apply champ level.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tablet for me = 5* Banner disaster rather than 4* Banner Gammabomb fun.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    pheregas said:
    @IceIX

Has anything been announced regarding pull rate resets?  Just curious.  I know that pulls have been predetermined for some time now and that Bonus Heroes are tied into that.  But with shards, will our previous history be reset?

Just asking for my record keeping excel document maintenance.

Thanks!
    Nope, no changes in anything regarding that. Your Excel document (other than deprecating BHs) remains unchanged.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    qandols said:
    Hmm, I get the flashing up arrow indicating that level up is available on nearly all my two stars in DDQ. Weird. I see now all flash except for Hawkeye who is level 144
    Known Issue for this build, unfortunately. Should be fixed in R192, as it can't be fixed via a data patch.