R191 Release Notes (11/14/19)

Options

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX

Has anything been announced regarding pull rate resets?  Just curious.  I know that pulls have been predetermined for some time now and that Bonus Heroes are tied into that.  But with shards, will our previous history be reset?

Just asking for my record keeping excel document maintenance.

Thanks!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everyone starts at zero shard for all characters. It looks like a reset to me 
  • byrone980
    byrone980 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2019
    Options
    update for ios when?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    @IceIX

Has anything been announced regarding pull rate resets?  Just curious.  I know that pulls have been predetermined for some time now and that Bonus Heroes are tied into that.  But with shards, will our previous history be reset?

Just asking for my record keeping excel document maintenance.

Thanks!
    Every pull is independent and has been.

I don't know if the new shard system resets the chain for you, but your previous history has NEVER had any impact on your next pull or the next 50 or 100 or anything else.

You can pull 3 5's in a row and maybe get another one 8 pulls later.  It's all random.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hmm, I get the flashing up arrow indicating that level up is available on nearly all my two stars in DDQ. Weird. I see now all flash except for Hawkeye who is level 144
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    R191 is up in Steam......so hopefully on mobile a bit later today.

i thought all updates happen at the same time to prevent cheating?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opening tokens SUCKS.  All of these extra steps and windows. Please take a look at this because this is a major step backwards in just the process of opening them. 
    I haven't gotten the update yet, but if it is as bad as you say, it might deserve its own thread.  Sounds like another step backwards.  I've been hoarding quite a bit of small tokens so I hope this isn't the case.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @IceIX

I'd like to add another feedback:

Can you guys please change the colour of Something?!?!! Everything is blue! Blue on blue, next to some more blue... my eyes are watering!

I understand that the colours chosen are that of the tokens (blue, gold purple), but it doesn't have to be (there are plenty of other colours or even shades of colours), or you could change the colour of the background even.
    On the smallish screen of a phone this is pretty bad and I'm not even visually impaired. Please have an other think on this!
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i got to champ 2 more 4* thanks to shards so i'm happy =)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seems some people on IOS have gotten the update, and others have not. I haven't yet, but based on what I'm reading I'm not looking forward to it. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aggregating the shard totals on the Legendary store screen is really disengenuous the way it appears now. I know this was mentioned earlier, but putting a total of 18 shards on there with the purple token in front and a sliver of yellow drop shadow really presents itself as if you were getting 18 5* shards/pull, which is decidedly not the case. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aggregating the shard totals on the Legendary store screen is really disengenuous the way it appears now. I know this was mentioned earlier, but putting a total of 18 shards on there with the purple token in front and a sliver of yellow drop shadow really presents itself as if you were getting 18 5* shards/pull, which is decidedly not the case. 
    Agreed.  These shard reward descriptions should not be stacked, but line items.  I had to do a double take to make sure there weren't different shards in a token than I was expecting.

In other news, I don't hate the new Character UI.  My phone is an old iPhone 6 and my geezer eyes are needing reading glasses, but I could make out all of the new UI screen.

Now the in-match power descriptions...  Those I need my reading glasses for.  :/
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas said:
    [...]
    Now the in-match power descriptions...  Those I need my reading glasses for.  :/
    Those may as well be lorem ipsum half the time for actually telling you what is going to happen lol.
  • stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Was there an announcement what the "Up-Arrow" filter for the roster screen was supposed to do? I have in my queue 4 covers: 2*Cap, 2*Ares, 3*Cap, 3*Angel, but the Up-Arrow filter only shows the 3* Angel and 2* Cap, while all 4 can have the cover applied. Am I missing something?
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seems some people on IOS have gotten the update, and others have not. I haven't yet, but based on what I'm reading I'm not looking forward to it. 
    The worst of it is actual the German translation for update notes in iTunes store
    Gosh, that was horrifying...
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Was there an announcement what the "Up-Arrow" filter for the roster screen was supposed to do? I have in my queue 4 covers: 2*Cap, 2*Ares, 3*Cap, 3*Angel, but the Up-Arrow filter only shows the 3* Angel and 2* Cap, while all 4 can have the cover applied. Am I missing something?
    It actually shows you the champs you can level, f.e. I got my 13th prof x, so I could level him 15 levels and champ him and thus he got into that filter